• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Tutorial on how to add to melee models using blender

BrassMonkey

Smash Cadet
I would be over joyed if there was a tutorial video or google doc on how to add to existing melee models using blender.

I've watched bizzozeron's video on how to import melee models into blender. But I'm looking to do something different then using an entirely different model and hopefully simpler.

I'm looking to add to a melee model with either parts from other melee characters (Dr. Mario's Jacket on Luigi) or entirely new model parts (A cool pair of Sunglasses.)

I followed bizz's tutorial a couple times to try and give Luigi Dr. Mario's jacket. I was able to get a working version where Luigi had the jacket and headband in-game but I unfortunately couldn't get it to work after adding doc's jacket textures. I also couldn't reproduce what I made so now im stuck with denim jacket Luigi. :dizzy:

I'm pretty sure I'll figure it out eventually.
Would be really great if there was a video or google doc on this though.
Seems pretty easy to modify melee models in blender once you learn the basics.

EDIT: Got some help from the melee workshop discord and my problem could be due to adding more bones to luigi's model. Mextool allows for extra bones on models but vanilla melee is more complicated and may not support it.

EDIT2: Well I figured it all out! Took a bit of trial and error. I may write up my own tutorial if I get comfortable with modeling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom