• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[TUTORIAL] Installing Offline Smash Wii U Mods

PyroNexus

Smash Rookie
when i do step 4 it doesn't run the thing it just puts a black screen on the wii u that says that it "Could not load file /wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher"
Pls help

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So I'm assuming nothing's been found yet? haha
Oh, sorry. I've been kind of busy lately. The "Haxchi" banner is the default one. The "Smash Wii U Mod Enabler" is just graphics I custom made. So it's fine with the default Haxchi banner and it will still work as intended AFAIK.

when i do step 4 it doesn't run the thing it just puts a black screen on the wii u that says that it "Could not load file /wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher"
Pls help
You need to download the Homebrew Launcher. That's in Step 1 of the tutorial. Then you can run the exploit.

Bass Bone

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dasskaer522
Please help!!
I followed all the steps, and i installed everything, got mods, etc. The haxchi worked and showed ssb4 mod launcher.

I tried launching mod launcher, and it showed the intro then exited to home menu. Then, when i tried again it launched the intro then screen went black. What do i do??
I've been having the exact same issue. Anyone know how to fix this? I've followed the steps exactly.

HydroJen64

Smash Rookie
So I completed all the steps, and when the Wii U goes back to the menu screen, the only app that appears is Haxchi. If I boot that up, then it just takes me into Homebrew Launcher with the only three apps being the HB App Store, the WiiU Title Dumper, and the Haxchi Installer. Is there a step I am missing?

EDIT: I fixed THAT problem. It turns out when I merged the Haxchi folder I should have replaced the files instead of skipping the duplicate files. But now I'm getting the -5 error and I might have missed the step where the boot.elf for the Homebrew Launcher is in the root of the SD card I've read about. Maybe I'm missing it but it's nowhere in the stuff I downloaded.

EDIT 2: It turns out I was missing the Cafiine app. But now when I load it it takes me back to the home menu and then it crashes with a black screen when I try and load it again. Now I'm out of ideas.

EDIT 3: I FINALLY SOLVED IT! It turns out when you get SDCafiine you have to create a folder named "sdcafiine" in the root of the SD card, then create a folder with the 16-character game ID, THEN create a folder named "content" and place your patches in there. Follow the .xml that comes with SDCafiine. Works like a charm.

Last edited:

Honzo

Smash Rookie
I feel like a super noob but i'm having issues with the terminal part on the mac, not a big mac user.

i have one hard drive not sure what's the driver letter just says Macintosh HD. can anyone help please? wish i had a windows =[

Last edited:

Honzo

Smash Rookie
I feel like a super noob but i'm having issues with the terminal part on the mac, not a big mac user.

i have one hard drive not sure what's the driver letter just says Macintosh HD. can anyone help please? wish i had a windows =[
This is what i type in
./titledumper /vol “Honzo$/Users/Honzo/Desktop/mod"

And all i get is
>

Last edited:

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I don't know if you're still looking at problems posted in this thread, but I have a problem - I've done everything correct, and everything works, including and up to the Mod Enabler, but the mods don't show up in my Sm4sh. Everything else works perfectly, I had no trouble (aside from the expected hiccups from loadiine), and I got from start to finish of the tutorial fine. To try and start the mods, I start the Mod Enabler and then start the Sm4sh itself. Am I doing something wrong? Is it starting Sm4sh the wrong way? The only possible hiccups I onticed throughout my progress was none of the mods having Meta files, but otherwise the game itself works completely fine. Should I be doing something besides starting the Mod Enabler and then starting Sm4sh to get mods to work? The mods are all just recoloured skins, so I wouldn't imagine it's breaking the game.

Either way, thank you for the tutorial.

LanDance11

Smash Rookie
I'm stuck at the titledumper on my computer. It says "Waiting for WiiU connection..." I can't get passed this step. Otherwise following above rules (using Windows 10).

EvanTSP

Smash Rookie
so i'm at the title dumper part of the tutorial. Everythings going perfectly fine and it still could be but i'm not sure so i wanna make sure. After i entered in my ip address and booted up smash, the title dumper started doing its thing on my PC. I sat back and let it do its thing. Now i'm not sure if its still running or not because the title dumper window is completely black, no text in the window whatsoever, however smash is still hanging on the screen like the tutorial said it would. Is this a regular thing that happens during the dumping process or am I one of the unfortunate people that screwed something up???

Last edited:

Bass Bone

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dasskaer522
So I completed all the steps, and when the Wii U goes back to the menu screen, the only app that appears is Haxchi. If I boot that up, then it just takes me into Homebrew Launcher with the only three apps being the HB App Store, the WiiU Title Dumper, and the Haxchi Installer. Is there a step I am missing?

EDIT: I fixed THAT problem. It turns out when I merged the Haxchi folder I should have replaced the files instead of skipping the duplicate files. But now I'm getting the -5 error and I might have missed the step where the boot.elf for the Homebrew Launcher is in the root of the SD card I've read about. Maybe I'm missing it but it's nowhere in the stuff I downloaded.

EDIT 2: It turns out I was missing the Cafiine app. But now when I load it it takes me back to the home menu and then it crashes with a black screen when I try and load it again. Now I'm out of ideas.

EDIT 3: I FINALLY SOLVED IT! It turns out when you get SDCafiine you have to create a folder named "sdcafiine" in the root of the SD card, then create a folder with the 16-character game ID, THEN create a folder named "content" and place your patches in there. Follow the .xml that comes with SDCafiine. Works like a charm.
I had the same issue. I literally forgot to put the content folder inside that was it. What I had was [Titleid -> Patch] and it should've been [Titleid -> content -> Patch] Thanks for this reminder though lol.

Honzo

Smash Rookie
I'm actually using virtualbox for this and was wondering if it would work.I am using windows 10 on it. and stuck with the waiting on wii u part. It freezes in the smash bros but maybe for like 2 minutes then starts up

Honzo

Smash Rookie
I'm actually using virtualbox for this and was wondering if it would work.I am using windows 10 on it. and stuck with the waiting on wii u part. It freezes in the smash bros but maybe for like 2 minutes then starts up
Awesome, i was able to dump the files with virtualbox on windows 10, now i'm just waiting to see if it works. This is the pain of having a mac SIIIIIGGGH.

Mr. Analog

Smash Rookie
Can somebody help me here? I'm sue I've done all the steps right but Smash Mod Enabler does not appear anywhere. Is the Haxchi Installer supposed to be on my SD card still?

Honzo

Smash Rookie
Awesome, i was able to dump the files with virtualbox on windows 10, now i'm just waiting to see if it works. This is the pain of having a mac SIIIIIGGGH.
So it worked and everything dumped....i left it overnight and guess which idiot forgot to change the dns leading to the update of the wii u siiiiiigh now i have to wait for the next emploit....and no i did not have haxchi installed. F*** Me >=O

Pearls0fPersephonie

Smash Rookie
Hi! So, I was reading the tutorial about Modding process.. and i noticed a part about the HAXCHI and needing a DS virtual console game. I just want to know if ( 1:Do I need to get one from the eShop? 2: Can i transfer a DS game that i purchased on another wiiu to an SD card and then place it on the wiiu which im hoping to mod on? 3: or can I use a rom that i've downloaded from the web?) I would very much appreciate any and all help I can get about this. Thank you!

GONZAfeco

Smash Rookie
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
I may need help, when I dump the files, sure, it takes a long time, when the dumper says Open File and then where it is, Sm4sh won't boot up. I tried once again, and left it all night on, but same thing happened. I only have a few files, and I wonder why that happens.

Hotdogman6

Smash Rookie
I am currently experiencing a problem where whenever I try to install homebrew the blue homebrew screen pops up but there is no options to do anything, i have followed all of the directions and do not know what is causing this.

EDIT: I also feel that my console freezes more than it should when attepting to install homebrew

Last edited:

SUPA_Z

Smash Rookie
NNID
SUPA.Z.7
I can't figure out for the life of me where and how exactly i am supposed to drag my mods in smash4explorer, and there are no good tutorials elsewhere. Could someone please help?

Bipneedstostop

Smash Rookie
As of 10/18/2017

Hey! Idk if this is something that really matters but for step 4, all the options I have say "Homebrew Launcher (5.5.2-..."
Am I not able to get the 1.4 (5.5.0-5.5.1) anymore, and are they any different anyways? I just wanna make sure so I don't try and submit the wrong thing. (This question might answer itself since I can't see the full names of any of the options but I just wanna make sure :V)

Edit: nevermind. its bc i have the 5.5.2 wii u. i dont know why I didn't think of this. carry on.

Last edited:

TJBexter

Smash Rookie
How long does it normally take to load on the first time loading up Homebrew via Loadiine? Mine seems to be stuck or softlocked. Also, does it matter that I have 5.5.2 firmware?

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Yeah, was gonna ask about the newer version of this, since it's updated from the "how to" guide. I don't want to break anything.

michaelboss

Smash Rookie
So I dumped everything but sm4shexplorer wont open it since im missing Is and dt01, what do I do?

MrEman5112

Smash Rookie
Does this still work with the 5.5.2 firmware on the wii u, i'm looking for a new way to load my mods since they patched out the internet browser exploit that i used

Deton8t

Smash Rookie
I followed the tutorial but the UI mod I installed didn't change anything can someone help me?

Ritzylem

Smash Rookie
Why do you say no internet then you say we need the internet browser this is a lie

Top Bottom