• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[TUTORIAL] Installing Offline Smash Wii U Mods

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
DISCLAIMER: THIS TUTORIAL IS MAINLY FOR WINDOWS USERS. WHILE I'VE INCORPORATED SOME PARTS FOR MAC AND LINUX USERS, MOST IS OUT OF THE SCOPE OF THIS GUIDE AS I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THOSE PLATFORMS AND IS THEREFORE HIGHLY UNFAMILIAR. IF THAT DOES CHANGE IN THE FUTURE, I WILL UPDATE THIS GUIDE TO REFLECT ON THAT.

I also apologize for the mess of formatting this post might be to some. I've been having issues getting the spoiler option working due to duplicate spoilers appearing. This is really the only look that felt somewhat decent. If anyone could tell me how to fix that issue, let me know!

So a lot of people in the Smash Community have been modding Super Smash Bros. for Wii U for some time and usually use the Internet Browser exploit quite a lot. What some don't know is that offline solutions have been starting to become readily available for quite sometime. Today, I'm going to show you guys how to install a SD Cafiine directly onto the Wii U in the form of a forwarder.

This tutorial is going to be divided into several categories all around and will list the things you need as you go along. Without a further ado, lets get started!

PREPARATION
Step 1: Download the Homebrew Launcher v1.4

Step 2: Extract the .zip file and put those files onto the root of your SD Card.

Step 3: Transfer your SD Card into your Wii U.

Step 3: In the Wii U Internet Browser, go to http://loadiine.ovh.

Step 4: It’ll bring up an options menu asking to select your program. Make sure it says “Homebrew Launcher 1.4 (5.5.0 - 5.5.1)”. Click Submit.

Step 5: Once HBL boots up, shut down your Wii U. Transfer your SD Card back into your Computer.

Step 6: Download the latest version of the Wii U Appstore

Step 7: Extract the zip file.

Step 8: Open the “wiiu” directory on your SD Card and merge the “apps” folder on your SD Card with the “apps” folder from the .zip file.

Step 9: Take your SD Card out of your Computer and put it into the Wii U.

Step 10: Repeat Steps 3 & 4 chronologically.

Step 11: Click on the HB App Store icon and hit “Load”.

Step 12: It’ll update its app info and store files on the SD for better loading times. This takes about a 1 minute at most.

Step 13: Once done, click on the “Tools” section.

Step 14: Scroll down until you see an app called “DDD”.

Step 15: Click “Get” and let it download. This shouldn’t take long.

Step 16: Once done, go down again until you see an app called “SDCafiine”. This app will be very useful in the future.

Step 17: Click “Get” and let it download. This (again) shouldn’t take long.

Step 18: After your done, back out of the Wii U App Store with the HOME Menu button. This will take you back to HBL.

Step 19: Keep your Wii U on, but make sure to go back to your PC.
DUMPING SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR WII U AND THE 1.1.6 PATCH
For this section, we are going to use an application called DDD to extract the game's contents. This has to be done over your Computer's local network and takes several hours to do.

ALSO BE WARNED, YOU WILL NEED AT LEAST 13 GB OF SPACE ON YOUR HARD DRIVE IN ORDER TO DUMP THE GAME. IF YOU DON'T, THE GAME WILL BE INCOMPLETE.

Step 20: Download the DDD client for Windows, Mac, or Linux and extract the zip file to your desktop.

Step 21: For Windows users, download this .bat file which automatically boots the program with its necessary settings.

Step 21a: For Linux and Mac users, open up a terminal (which is in the utilities settings for Mac users) and paste this “./titledumper <dump_path_on_wiiu> <output_path_on_pc>” (be sure to not include the quotes themselves, just the command within the quotes.)

Step 21b: Once copy & pasted for Linux and Mac users, modify the “<dump_path_on_wiiu>” text to to say “/vol”. (Again, no copying the quotes, just copy the command itself.)

Step 21c: Once again for Linux and Mac users, modify the “<output_path_on_pc>” to have it go to any folder path on your computer and assumably start with a drive letter of your choosing. (And this time, put quotes around <output_path_on_pc> and just modify it within the quotes.)

Step 22: Obtain the IP address of your PC. Here’s how to guides for Windows (Windows 8.1 is the same for Windows 10 users), Mac and Linux (only Ubuntu for the time being.)

Step 23: After you get a hold of your IP address or have saved it somewhere, boot-up the title dumper .exe file using the .bat file for Windows users or using a terminal for Mac/Linux users.

Step 23a: Be sure to allow your program the ability to go through your firewall. It won’t work without letting it through there.

Step 24: Load DDD from the Homebrew Launcher.

Step 25: Put in the IP address we obtained earlier.

Step 26: Press the X button on the Wii U Gamepad.

Step 27: This will take you to the Wii U menu. From there, boot-up Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Step 28: The game will hang on the screen, but this is normal. It is dumping the files to your computer. This process also takes several hours. So be patient.

Step 29: Once the process is done, the game will boot-up. This does not mean it is fully done. Boot into the game and hit the HOME Menu button to go into the pop-up menu. This will dump the rest of the game’s files which does not take long.

Step 30: After the process is fully complete, go back to the Wii U Menu and power down the console.
SETTING UP SM4SHEXPLORER
This is an application most Smash 4 modders are probably familiar with.

Sm4shexplorer is a file tree viewer which allows the modification, building and erasing of some of Smash 4's content. Its a very powerful tool that helps the modding scene quite a lot. In this section, were going to show how to set it up and compile our very own mods.

WHILE THE TITLEDUMPER PROGRAM WAS FOR ALL PC PLATFORMS, SM4SHEXPLORER IS ONLY FOR THE WINDOWS PLATFORM. WHILE YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET THIS PROGRAM WORKING ON YOUR MAC/LINUX DEVICE USING SOMETHING LIKE WINE OR VIRTUALBOX, THAT IS UNFORTUNATELY OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF THIS TUTORIAL WHICH MEANS GOOGLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND FOR THAT ONE.

Step 31: Download the latest version of Sm4shExplorer in this GBATemp thread.

Note: The latest version of Sm4shExplorer takes a very long time in making files. So if you want faster compilation times with your mods, download 0.07.1 along with 0.06.4b. Unzip them both, then delete the “tools” and “plugins” folder from the 0.06.4b directory. From there, you then copy the “tools” and “plugins” folder from the 0.07.1 directory and just paste them into the 0.06.4b directory. I have personally not found any issues with this setup and everything works as intended. If you are worried about any issues, then sticking with the latest version and plugin could be the best bet. Although, it is up for you to decide.

Step 32: Open Sm4shExplorer for the first time and you will be prompted with a message to find the directory where your dumped copy of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is located. Click the “Okay” button.

Step 33: Once you get to that directory, make sure to click on the “vol” folder and hit the “Okay” option.

Step 34: You will then be prompted with a message asking what version of Smash Wii U you have. You can choose with Game Region you have depending on the game copy dumped. As for the Game Version, you don’t have to change anything since “288” in the internal number for the 1.1.6 patch. Since this guide assumes you have the 1.1.6 patch, you don’t have to modify the Game Version value (only the Game Region one) and can just hit the “Save” option.

Step 35: After that, if you have any mods, you can drag and drop them into the treeview. These mods are identified by their green text color while files that were modified in official patches are blue. Standard files from the base game are just standard black.

Step 36: After you’re done, you can hit the tab “Project” along with “Build the Mod”. This process should take 5 minutes if you have version 0.06.4b. It will take a lot longer if you use 0.07.1. So time does vary sometimes. The amount of content you have, the version you use, and the specs of your PC all have effect on it.
ADDING THE MOD FILES TO THE SD CARD
Step 38: In the meantime, put your Wii U’s SD Card into your computer and make a new folder called 0005000010144F00.

Step 38: After the content is all done, it will generate a new folder in the export folder called “release”. Go into that directory and you’ll see a “content” folder. Go into the “content” directory until see a “patch” folder. Were going to copy the patch folder into the 0005000010144F00 directory on your SD Card.

Step 39: If you have any custom music files, go into your “workspace” folder then onto your “content” folder until you reach the “sound” folder. Copy the “sound” folder into the 0005000010144F00 directory.
Additional tip: If you want to replace the movie files in Smash 4, make sure they’re 720p and put them in the “movie” folder in the 0005000010144F00 directory. Make sure they’re MP4 and the same filename as the movie you want to replace!
HAXCHI FOWARDER INSTALLATION
We are now to compile everything we need in order to install this SD Caffiine forwarder which uses a DS Virtual Console game and modifies it to do an offline exploit.

IN PREPERATION BE SURE TO DO THREE THINGS:

- CHECK THE COMPATIBILITY LIST HERE TO SEE IF YOUR VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAME IS SUPPORTED.
- IF YOU HAVE AN EXTERNAL DRIVE WITH THE GAME OF YOUR CHOOSING, MOVE THAT GAME TO THE INTERNAL SYSTEM MEMORY BEFORE INSTALLING. IT HAS TO BE THERE FOR INSTALLTION.
- WHEN YOU START THE INSTALLATION, BE SURE TO UNPLUG THE DRIVE BEFORE PROCEEDING AS THAT MIGHT MAKE THE INSTALLATION NOT INSTALL CORRECTLY.
Step 40: Download the latest version of Haxchi.

NOTE: DO NOT DOWNLOAD CBHC. IT IS A COLDBOOT CUSTOM FIRMWARE INSTALLER AND HAS A HIGHER CHANCE OF BRICKING (WHICH IS ALSO HEAVILY OUT OF THE SCOPE OF THIS TUTORIAL.)

Step 41: Unzip the latest version of the Haxchi installer and you’ll have two folders: “wiiu” and “haxchi”.

Step 42: Merge the “wiiu” folder with the existing “wiiu” folder on your SD Card and put the “haxchi” folder on the root as well.

Step 43: Download this “haxchi” folder which presents itself in a similar style to Smash 4 in terms of icon and boot-up.

Step 44: Extract the new ssbhaxchi.zip folder and merge the new “haxchi” folder with the old one on the root of your SD Card.

Step 45: Take the SD Card out of your Computer and put it back into your Wii U while turning on the console.

Step 46: Repeat Steps 3 & 4 chronologically from the "PREPARATION" section.

Step 47: Once you’re in HBL, launch the Haxchi application.

Step 48: It will show you list of the available DS titles you have on your System Memory. Choose one and press A.

Step 49: It’ll bring up some text. Read it, then press A once more.

Step 50: It should install the files and the UI elements.

Step 51: After all is said and done, you should have an app that says “Smash Bros. Wii U Mod Enabler”. If you have an external hard drive: you can then restart the console, plug in your hard drive and go to System Settings to move the app back onto your hard drive.
And that is how you install Smash 4 Mods directly onto your Wii U!

For a little tip, if you want to disable mods for Smash 4 after booting the application, just go into System Settings and exit out of it to disable the patch SDCafiine has without rebooting your console :).

Also, be sure to keep your SD Card in when launching this app. It's still a forwarder, so it still boots the actual app off the SD Card.

I want to thank everyone in the homebrew scene that was involved in making these apps and mods that we all have. Without them, this tutorial wouldn't be possible.

If you have any improvements or suggestions, just let me know as I'm always want to improve!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You forgot something...
If you edit the config.txt in the haxchi folder on the root of the SD Card, you can really directly launch SDCafiine.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You forgot something...
If you edit the config.txt in the haxchi folder on the root of the SD Card, you can really directly launch SDCafiine.
The config.txt file is included in the Haxchi download. So I figured it'd save time not to cover it since it's already pre-loaded onto there :p.

Last edited:

str105

Smash Rookie
This works great! Awesome alternative to opening up the browser every time. I was wondering if there is some way to retain the original functionality of haxchi and have this at the same time though. Like using haxchi to open up the homebrew channel and other things :)

Captain F

Smash Rookie
I know this is for offline but I have a question. What if you were to play online in For Glory or with friends? Would the modded skins and textures still show on your screen or would they just be vanilla smash, as in the ordinary skins? Just out of curiosity.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I know this is for offline but I have a question. What if you were to play online in For Glory or with friends? Would the modded skins and textures still show on your screen or would they just be vanilla smash, as in the ordinary skins? Just out of curiosity.
They would show up as modded on your system and vanilla on your friends system.

Pieridesu

Smash Rookie
I keep trying to merge the ssbhaxchi but it keeps on saying that windows cannot move an empty folder

SonicGamer

Smash Rookie
When I attempt step 3 my Wii U's screen goes white and everything freezes. I don't know what I'm doing wrong as I followed all the steps perfectly up to this point.

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
I'm running into a few issues while using this...
1. The ssbhaxchi download appears broken. I cannot open or extract the ZIP file i download from that link.
2. Why can't we just use the regular haxchi folder that comes equipped in the download?
3. What if I don't have a DS virtual console game on hand to use for this method? Should I download a ROM first?

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
Hey, thanks for this tutorial EpicMartin7, enjoying mods since some days ! :D

Just some points :

- I think a lot of people have trouble to find a way to mod the game at least with the use of haxchi, I followed your steps, but I have to give up at this part as I couldn't merge the folders (The Zip seems corrupted) and as I had no DS game on my Wii U.
At least I have mods but have to go into loadiine.ovh and select SDCaffine + Kernel all the time, but it's already good. :)

- I couldn't find a way to dump the game by following your tutorial, so I read this one instead :
http://gamebanana.com/tuts/12090

Anyway, many thanks to you, I hope that it can helps people who had trouble to install mods. ^^

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey, thanks for this tutorial EpicMartin7enjoying mods since some days ! :D

Just some points :

- I think a lot of people have trouble to find a way to mod the game at least with the use of haxchi, I followed your steps, but I have to give up at this part as I couldn't merge the folders (The Zip seems corrupted) and as I had no DS game on my Wii U.
At least I have mods but have to go into loadiine.ovh and select SDCaffine + Kernel all the time, but it's already good. :)

- I couldn't find a way to dump the game by following your tutorial, so I read this one instead :

Anyway, many thanks to you, I hope that it can helps people who had trouble to install mods. ^^
does this still work?
1. The ssbhaxchi download appears broken. I cannot open or extract the ZIP file i download from that link.
2. Why can't we just use the regular haxchi folder that comes equipped in the download?
3. What if I don't have a DS virtual console game on hand to use for this method? Should I download a ROM first?
When I attempt step 3 my Wii U's screen goes white and everything freezes. I don't know what I'm doing wrong as I followed all the steps perfectly up to this point.
Oops, didn't realize that there was some issues that came about. I'll try fixing them tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know!

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I keep trying to merge the ssbhaxchi but it keeps on saying that windows cannot move an empty folder
The download was corrupted. Hopefully it should be fixed now!
Hey, thanks for this tutorial EpicMartin7, enjoying mods since some days ! :D

Just some points :

Thanks for the suggestion :D. Sorry you had troubles with the dumping process.

As for requiring a DS game, I tried to make this tutorial as simplistic as possible. If you have Custom Firmware, you could just clone your DS game and just change the Title ID to install it from there. The only problem is, that does take a little bit longer and is more complicated. Plus I can't really share DS VC "templates" as that is Nintendo's own application they made and that would be against the forum rules.

So I tried to make sure this is something everyone could use.

I do admit though, this tutorial does need some cleaning up as tools like Smash Forge and Meteor have come out. So I'll have to get into those programs and update this tutorial when I can.
1.) Just fixed it!
2.) You can. I just added some "Smash-like" UI in order to make it look like an official Smash Bros. app. So its optional.
3.) Well, if you don't have a DS game, then the Internet Browser exploit is a pretty good method. Although you probably wouldn't be able to use mods offline without keeping your console on with the patches enabled if your internet went out all of a sudden.
It happens sometimes. I'd recommend clearing your cookies in the browser within the browser settings, then go in with the exploit. It's a common issue that occurs that's easily fixable.

Sorry I haven't responded in awhile, I've been really busy lately. I'll be sure to hopefully update this tutorial by the end of the month.

If any of you have any more questions, be sure to let me know!

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Is there a database of custom skins and songs? And can I add them without replacing other songs and skins? And are custom stages possible?

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
Is there a database of custom skins and songs? And can I add them without replacing other songs and skins? And are custom stages possible?
Hey Robertman, you can try this site : http://gamebanana.com/games/5547, it's the best I know to mod Sm4sh. :)
Concerning replacing the original files, it will depends how the modder worked, some data can replace a slot or several, or even add some. Always check the author's notes and don't hesitate to do several tests with Sm4shExplorer.

Shmadam

Smash Rookie
So I've been trying to follow this tutorial all day basically and the bat file mentioned at step 21 apparently doesn't exist. So what do I do now? Is there somewhere else I can find the file? Because otherwise the titledumper just isn't launching on my computer at all, firewall or no firewall.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So I've been trying to follow this tutorial all day basically and the bat file mentioned at step 21 apparently doesn't exist. So what do I do now? Is there somewhere else I can find the file? Because otherwise the titledumper just isn't launching on my computer at all, firewall or no firewall.
Sorry for the late response, I just fixed the issue. For some reason, the downloads on FileTrip corrupt after awhile or get removed for some reason. So I just changed the download to GBATemp itself.

Also, since I'm on spring break, I'll try updating this tutorial and getting used to all the latest Smash tools that have been released. So hopefully I can make this up to date by the end of this week. (Although I originally wanted to do that at the end of March. Stinks being swamped with homework sometimes haha.)

slashbaker

Smash Rookie
So I've done virtually everything in the tutorial (very nicely done btw!), but after "all is said and done" I don't have an app that says "Smash Bros. Wii U Mod Enabler”. And no, I don't use an external hard drive. Everything looked like it worked perfectly, it said something along the line of "Instillation completed" after I finished the last step, after that it took me to the home menu and... nothing, no new app, and certainly not any mods on sm4sh. I've used the browser exploit for quite some time now and it works just fine, but I require the exploit to run offline sometimes (Mostly just at my School's smash club). Maybe I'm missing something painfully obvious, so please let me know if you know any kind of troubleshooting for this issue.

Shmadam

Smash Rookie
So I've done virtually everything in the tutorial (very nicely done btw!), but after "all is said and done" I don't have an app that says "Smash Bros. Wii U Mod Enabler”. And no, I don't use an external hard drive. Everything looked like it worked perfectly, it said something along the line of "Instillation completed" after I finished the last step, after that it took me to the home menu and... nothing, no new app
I'm still trying to figure this out too, but I got an app in my menu now called "Haxchi" which launches the homebrew app launcher. Do you have the same thing? Because I can only assume that's the app we're supposed to get, unless I'm missing something as well

jacksonseven

Smash Rookie
Stuck on step 10, when I open up HBL all I get is a nice moving background of circles on a blue campus and "Homebrew Launcher v1.4 by Dimok" in the bottom left.

Shmadam

Smash Rookie
Stuck on step 10, when I open up HBL all I get is a nice moving background of circles on a blue campus and "Homebrew Launcher v1.4 by Dimok" in the bottom left.
I think you just have to make sure the SD card files and stuff are set up correctly. I honestly don't remember how it has to be set up, but I changed a few things and then it was fine. I'm actually still waiting for a fix on the fact that I have no "Mod Enabler" app on my wii u

OlayColay

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the great guide! The only thing is during the dumping process, it keeps getting stuck at the Little Mac movie. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or, does anyone have a download for it? The file name should be "crs-f_mov_07_Littlemac_EN"

OlayColay

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the great guide! The only thing is during the dumping process, it keeps getting stuck at the Little Mac movie. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or, does anyone have a download for it? The file name should be "crs-f_mov_07_Littlemac_EN"
UPDATE: I actually found that the Little Mac and Greninja movies are both corrupted. When I try to view them in-game, the disc becomes unreadable! So is there any way to replace these two movies?

SirMimien

Smash Rookie
Step 48) When it asks me to select a DS title the only available one is Dr. Kawashima's brain training - no idea how it got there but its there. I select it and it says there is no rom.zip folder. How do i go about fixing this problem? Or is there an easy way to get around this?

Shmadam

Smash Rookie
Step 48) When it asks me to select a DS title the only available one is Dr. Kawashima's brain training - no idea how it got there but its there. I select it and it says there is no rom.zip folder. How do i go about fixing this problem? Or is there an easy way to get around this?
The easiest way is just to actually buy Brain Age (if you didn't already do that and just tried to download a rom instead). That's what I did and I got no error like what you got

SirMimien

Smash Rookie
The easiest way is just to actually buy Brain Age (if you didn't already do that and just tried to download a rom instead). That's what I did and I got no error like what you got
Awesome i'll try that!!
I have no idea how the brain training got there so its possible it wasnt purchased... but i feel that raises more questions :3

Shmadam

Smash Rookie
Awesome i'll try that!!
I have no idea how the brain training got there so its possible it wasnt purchased... but i feel that raises more questions :3
Well you really just have to have the virtual console title on your wii u, so if you tried to use a rom then maybe that's why? I don't think a rom from the internet would really work. Or at least I wouldn't know how to get the rom to appear as an app on the wii u. That sounds like a whole different problem than this nonsense lol.

Raquinze

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mahjarrat
I installed "Smash Bros. Wii U Mod Enabler" but when I load it, it turns into a black screen with a "-5" in the top left corner of the gamepad. Why does this happen? Did I do something wrong?

FlakeBoi

Smash Rookie
Please help!!
I followed all the steps, and i installed everything, got mods, etc. The haxchi worked and showed ssb4 mod launcher.

I tried launching mod launcher, and it showed the intro then exited to home menu. Then, when i tried again it launched the intro then screen went black. What do i do??

Last edited:

MilesRoxs

Smash Rookie
I'm still trying to figure this out too, but I got an app in my menu now called "Haxchi" which launches the homebrew app launcher. Do you have the same thing? Because I can only assume that's the app we're supposed to get, unless I'm missing something as well
This is exactly the same thing that's happened with me. Any updates on how to fix it?

AggressiveIV

Smash Rookie
When I run the .bat file, it opens a window that almost instantly closes. Nothing else seems to happen. I've extracted the ddd client to my desktop, and I've run the .bat both within the zipped folder and after being extracted into a separate folder.

AggressiveIV

Smash Rookie
When I run the .bat file, it opens a window that almost instantly closes. Nothing else seems to happen. I've extracted the ddd client to my desktop, and I've run the .bat both within the zipped folder and after being extracted into a separate folder.
Fixed, needed to extract the batch file to my desktop. You should add that to the guide.

AggressiveIV

Smash Rookie
When I load up Smash Bros through the DDD program, it just launches the game as normal. The titledumper on my computer still says it's waiting for WiiU connection. I have my ip adress correct and titledumper has been allowed through the firewall

AggressiveIV

Smash Rookie
When I load up Smash Bros through the DDD program, it just launches the game as normal. The titledumper on my computer still says it's waiting for WiiU connection. I have my ip adress correct and titledumper has been allowed through the firewall
My bad, typed in the number wrong.

Stg all my problems are solved by typing them down and posting them. The answer then comes instantly

AggressiveIV

Smash Rookie
When dumping Smash, the program seems to freeze at around 900 mb in ISO/Super Smash Bros For Wii U/vol/content/dt00

UpsettedFizz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Defender5X
At Step 11, instead of an icon loading, I get a black screen that says "FSOpenFile failed" or something like that in the top left corner

EDIT: Don't need help with this anymore, I found another way to do what I wanted to do

Last edited:

PotatoGhost

Smash Rookie
NNID
PotatoGhost
I'm having the same issue as AggressiveIV...the Wii U will not connect to the PC. When I run DDD after entering the IPv4 address (which I did correctly, I quadruple-checked), the game boots normally when I load it. The titledumper.exe never changes from "waiting for WiiU connection..."

Can someone help me?

EDIT: I fixed it! The problem was that I was lied to. All the websites like whatip.me were giving me the same, but wrong, IPv4 address. To find your computer's true IPv4 (on Windows), do the following:

1. Press Windows + R to bring up the Run application.
  2. Type in "cmd" and hit Enter to bring up the command prompt.
  3. Into the prompt, type "ipconfig". It will bring up a whole bunch of info.
  4. Search for the numbers titled "IPv4 Address. Put this address into DDD, and everything should be fine.
These steps worked for me, at least. Hopefully, they can help someone else, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom