• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turtling-The Madddd Gayyy tactic

boss8

Smash Hero
SOOOOOOO......

im playing luigi and im jumping around and fairing bairing and spacing fireball blah blah blah....lol and im realizing i dont need all this....so i've been thinking for the past month or 2...how gay would luigi be if i combined him with MR'R's tech skill....and sebriks mindgames....with a little of boss thrown into the mix....

MR-R gave me the idea...i was watching this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnymGsO-v5I

and i was wondering how does mr R move so swiftly...then i tried studder stepping/foxtrotting with luigi it apparently goes madd far...and u can basically do ANYTHING out of it with no lag EXAMPLE:

foxtrot away>reverse fsmash
foxtrot towards opponent>angled up Fsmash

Most of these air mainly used as a surprise attack...if u've turtle to far and ur about fall off/be near the edge....just nado away..
NOTE:people can predict ur nado so try and make this a MADDD sursprising attack....

continue to throw fireballs....to annoy ur opponent...

dnt forget if an opponent hits ur shield u can utilt out of it..or usmash VERY good....or jab retreat....this will leave ur opponent on the "omfg wtf" status lol

i will have a vid up later to show u all....

i heart luigi =]

lets help out the mario mains...

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
to add on from that MK cant approach and expect to get in this new style will change the way MK's thinks overall the pivot jab is the best way to confuse someone who doesn't know wats coming i will post a vid soon on this gaaaay style me and boss are testing this out and so far it worked like a charm no need to approach nor aggro so once this is discussed with everyone together this should go alot further because this is just the beginning of a new weegeelution we will test on new characters everyday. discuss

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
with a little of boss thrown into the mix....

^ i read it as " with a little of boss town in to the mix " XD lol

also dont do mr.r shenigans its dunnnn work. (jk it's pretty sexy though, inb4namesearch)

also i know mintyflesh been doing this for quite a while, i know it's pretty good with mario tho since its mad easy to be flashy with him

the only down side i can think of is that, if u foxtrot, i believe u can trip alot (the more you run, the more chances of u tripping fail) and you can't do alot out of a run, since ur options are limited, (like walk to PS is alot faster than run to PS)

but this is madd sexy for flashiness and mindgames rly good for baiting stuff

edit: how do you foxtrot forgot

boss8

Smash Hero
to add on from that MK cant approach and expect to get in this new style will change the way MK's thinks overall the pivot jab is the best way to confuse someone who doesn't know wats coming i will post a vid soon on this gaaaay style me and boss are testing this out and so far it worked like a charm no need to approach nor aggro so once this is discussed with everyone together this should go alot further because this is just the beginning of a new weegeelution we will test on new characters everyday. discuss
MK can approach son...

BSP

Smash Legend
If MK nados at you, just remember that Luigi's got Usmash to knock him out of it.

Good stuff Boss, hopefully you can get some vids up.

BSP

Smash Legend
So they ARE invincible....So basically, never fall on Luigi's head lol. Even if you space he can knock you out of it. You know anything about Mario's Usmash Luxor?

BSP

Smash Legend
Please do. If you do, post it in the Mario boards though. A2Z could look too I guess.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Added Mario Usmash to the mario metagame thread.

Luigi's Uncharged Usmash
9-14 hit
9-14 invincibility on his head
40 FAF, first actionable frame

...Mario's and Luigi's are pretty similar.

BSP

Smash Legend
Again thanks. It's the little stuff like this that can advance our characters' games.

yoshq

Smash Master
lol this is pretty random... anyway the foxtrot actually has a lot of lag after it where you can't do anything. i like foxtrot jabs or utilt the best, but walking is basically the same speed with luigi. because even though he goes far quickly, after he gets there he has to wait for awhile before doing anything.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Usmash has some invincible bones frame 9-13 around when the hitbox comes out. Let them nado.
are you sure? in our frame data, it said it wasn't sure

i know in melee, luigi's upsmash did have inv frames, so w/es

would be great if we had a video for it too pleasee for proof makes it so much easier

(though i think we all knew this, upsmash always beats the tornado at the right timing)

yea dude...im just experementing...famous knows more mario facts then me though...
and then your the one who uses them and evolves them... amrite?> (refering to our apex hotel xD)

Luxor

Smash Champion
Yes, I'm 100% sure Luigi's head is invincible during the indicated frames. I got it from PSA rather than testing in-game, so it's impossible for me to have made any mistakes that would screw it up.

Be@st

Smash Cadet
i will start helping the luigi boards i feel that luigi can only get better if people no his secrets i like the drive in the luigi mains

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Very good tech advice boss. *smiles*

Mario, the man that will set you on Fire.

:mario: <--Da Bess

boss8

Smash Hero
i like to say that i entered a turney while doign this new turtling technique and i got 5th.....

only reason was i used GaW against junebug instead of having confidence in WEEGEE =/

i have noticed a few things while i was playing my opponents with this turntling technique....

-alot more rolls- i play alot of people in this area and i've never seen so many locals roll so much as if they where scared or something...

alot more spotdodges-same result as rolls (sry people im hella lazy)

confusion-people couldnt tell wtf i was doing or going on the whole match....

i will continue reaserching and playing and entering turneys like this and see how it goes.....

TreK

Is "that guy"
I like Pikachu as a second for Luigi. I play him with a mindset that is really like Luigi's. I wish I was good with pika.

Top Bottom