• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turnip drop off ledge?

Moonfelar

Smash Rookie
Hey all,

I was playing for glory on 3DS on Tortimer Island (omega) when I noticed something really peculiar. I was standing on the right edge waiting to edgeguard so I decided to drop the turnip I was holding to farm a better one. I threw it down standing on the edge and it actually went off stage straight down instead of down into the ground like it usually does. I was really surprised by this so I tried it again instead of edgeguarding and it worked the second time too. I wasn't able to try again as I was playing the match, but afterwards I immediately went to training mode and was unable to replicate it there. Does anyone know what was happening? I'm sorry if this is a known tactic/glitch, but it was unknown to me.

Top Bottom