• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turnaround B's For More Combo Options?

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
How exactly do you do turnaround B's with aerials without reversing aerial momentum? I can do this fine with grounded combos (for example, DA>B-Reverse-UTilt), but with aerials, I believe I need a different input so I don't reverse my momentum. I've seen IPK do this, but don't really know how. I've tried doing it, like, Fair>Input backwards>ASC, but I can't get Lucario to turnaround. My grounded inputs are (for example) DA>B>Input backwards>Shield for a turnaround ASC, but like I said, doesn't work with aerials. What do you guys do to mixup your air combos? For something like, Fair>Turnaround ASC> Bair?

Risky

Smash Ace
So when you reverse your momentum the input is to press :GCB::GCR: within 4 frames of each other. To do a turnaround you do :GCR::GCB: instead, with a very slight delay between the two.

I'd say practice it out of a fullhop without any ASC's or anything involved to make it easy. If you get a Force Palm it means you didn't wait long enough between the directional input and the B press. If you get a turnaround it's due to pressing B first.

Last edited:
Top Bottom