• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turn on your night vision goggles - Splinter Cell's "Sam Fisher" joins the fight!

UbisoftDanny2000

Smash Cadet

"I am a soldier. I've served my country for twenty years. But if I'm captured or killed, I know that nobody will come to rescue me. I won't even get a funeral. Because the nation I protect can never admit that I exist. So my death would go unremarked, my bones would go unclaimed. I don't know if that day will come... but I do know that it must not be today. I am invisible. I am relentless. I am Sam Fisher. I am... a Splinter Cell."

2021 Update: Still holding out for Sam, Splinter cell or some kind of Ubisoft representation!
Join the #Supporter list #SamInSmash

Q: Who is Sam Fisher?

A: Sam Fisher (LCDR, USN-Ret.) is a former employee of Third Echelon, a top-secret black bag operation sub-branch within the National Security Agency (NSA) and a former member of its subsequent "Splinter Cell" program. Sam is currently the commander/head field operative of Fourth Echelon, a newly created covert special operations/counter-terrorism group that only reports to the President of the United States. Fisher is a master in the art of stealth, having been trained in various undercover and covert infiltration tactics. He not only specializes in night-time combat but in close-quarters combat in urban warfare and fieldcraft-related skills as well. Sam is 177 cm (5 ft 10 in) tall, weighs 78 kg (170 pounds),[1] has greying, brown-black hair and green eyes. He still has an athletic build physique for a man in his early 60s. He was the first person to be recruited as a field agent of the "Splinter Cell" program, Third Echelon's highly clandestine black ops project. A highly decorated veteran of JSOC's DEVGRU, and the CIA's Special Activities Division, Fisher is a master in the art of stealth, having been trained in various undercover and covert infiltration tactics.

Q: Why should Sam Fisher join the all-star greats of Smash?

A: Sam Fisher is a classic video game icon, and is easily the top pick for a Tom Clancy rep. He's one of the most beloved Ubisoft characters, and while he hasn't been seen in a while, Ubisoft is on great terms with Nintendo after the release of Mario and Rabbids for Switch. It only makes sense that they would bring back San similar to Rare did with Banjo, Kazooie, Gruntilda, Jinjo and the rest. And with Sam Fisher could come a ton of other Tom Clancy franchise music and character cameos which would be particulary exciting for a Clancyhead like me. The Splinter Cell series is some of the great stealth games of all time, and how cool would it be to see Sam face off verse Snake on a classic stage like Temple.

Q: What would his moveset look like?

A: Well, let me break it down.

Sam Fisher uses Krav Maga which is a kind of self defense meaning "Contact Combat" which was developed by Israel in the 1940s ,Israeli special forces used them as a way of defense and offence. Sam Fisher has reached the advanced level of 3B under the tutelage of his instructor Katia who later became his girlfriend but was later accidentally killed. Sam is also intimately familiar with Israeli weapons

:GCB:: Sam shoots SC-20K M.A.W.S. Assault Rifle (FN F2000 5.56x45mm Assault Rifle) with a suppressor

:GCU::GCB:: Sam shoots his SC Pistol 5.7mm (FN Five-seveN Tactical model) with a suppressor directly above him

:GCD::GCB:: Sam pulls out his SC Protector Combat Knife (Gerber Guardian Double Edge Knife) and his "Panther's Claw" Karambit (Combat Karambit Knife) and performs a dual-wielding blade attack.

:GCR::GCB:: Sam pulls out his Five-Seven FDE 5.7mm (FN Five-seveN USG model) with Flat Dark Earth color scheme and a modified compensator and blasts his foe.

Of course Sam is very acrobatic and agile and can perform all kind of jumping manuevers, his most famous being the Split Wall Jump but alas I can see no way to fit that into Smash. But it would likely be no problem at all to create many "Jumping" attacks for him. If you have some ideas, post them in the comments :)

Special moves aside, not only is Sam trained in Krav Maga but he is also trained in
  • Advanced Weapons Training
  • SEAL Qualified
    • SCUBA Training
    • SAO Qualification
    • SQT Training
  • HAHO and HALO Training
  • Krav Maga Training (Level 3B/Black-Belt)
  • Muay Thai Training
  • Russian Systema Training
  • Jiu-jitsu Training
  • Filpino Martial Arts (Kali/Eskrima) Training
  • Center Axis Relock Training

What games was he in on a Nintendo
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (2002) (GBA, Gamecube)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (2004) (GBA, Gamecube)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (2005) (Gamecube, DS, 3DS)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (2006) (Gamecube, Wii)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D (2011) (3DS)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (2013) (Wii U)

And as always let me know if you want to be added to the

SUPPORTER LIST
UbisoftDanny2000
GoodGrief741
toonito
Matadormon
IzukuXYang4Life
Warp Satyr Lover

Last edited:

UbisoftDanny2000

Smash Cadet

This is the Tom Clancy logo...... So for a SMASH Series Logo I was thinking it would look something like this.

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for saying this, but wasn't his series as a book first? Or is his series unrelated to Tom Clancy's books?

UbisoftDanny2000

Smash Cadet
Sorry for saying this, but wasn't his series as a book first? Or is his series unrelated to Tom Clancy's books?
Incorrect... Sam Fisher and Splinter Cell started as Ubisoft game, not as a book. Tom Clancys name is just attached to a lot of stuff because he is a brilliant man in the same vein as Sid Meier and the like.

Not to mention Sam Fisher has been gone from the public eye for YEARS.... him making his grand return in SMASH of all places would cement his place in video game history and ensure more Splinter Cell games to come from Ubisoft in the following years.

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
Incorrect... Sam Fisher and Splinter Cell started as Ubisoft game, not as a book. Tom Clancys name is just attached to a lot of stuff because he is a brilliant man in the same vein as Sid Meier and the like.

Not to mention Sam Fisher has been gone from the public eye for YEARS.... him making his grand return in SMASH of all places would cement his place in video game history and ensure more Splinter Cell games to come from Ubisoft in the following years.
I see.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Technically speaking the Splinter Cell games take place in the same universe as the other Tom Clancy's games. The first of which was Rainbow Six, which was based on a novel. However, Sam Fisher and the Splinter Cell games are wholly original.

I think a good comparison is how Shin Megami Tensei started as a book series but by the time they got to Persona 5 it was so different that it just counts as a videogame.

Last edited:

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
Technically speaking the Splinter Cell games take place in the same universe as the other Tom Clancy's games. The first of which was Rainbow Six, which was based on a novel. However, Sam Fisher and the Splinter Cell games are wholly original.

I think a good comparison is how Shin Megami Tensei started as a book series but by the time they got to Persona 5 it was so different that it just counts as a videogame.
Actually, SHIN Megami Tensei and Persona, are not related by the book Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei. They (SMT/Persona) are their own entity, and have nothing related to the book itself. You can say that Splinter Cell fits in that criteria as well.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm really nostalgic for the 2000s, which was Splinter Cell's heyday. I really wouldn't mind Sam Fisher since I actually know the character by default.

UbisoftDanny2000

Smash Cadet
Thought I would update with a quote from my favorite Splinter Cell game:

"It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world." -Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

UbisoftDanny2000

Smash Cadet
Tbh, I’m pretty sure if Sam Fisher were to get in, that he would have the same treatment as Snake. Being young.
Yes, and I think he would be wearing his iconic goggles, this is more of an "alternate costume" such as Joker has for his student outfit.

UbisoftDanny2000

Smash Cadet
By the way, I've updated the OP with a list of Nintendo games that Sam Fisher starred in.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (2002) (GBA, Gamecube)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (2004) (GBA, Gamecube)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (2005) (Gamecube, DS, 3DS)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (2006) (Gamecube, Wii)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D (2011) (3DS)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (2013) (Wii U)

That's 6 games but more like 8 when you consider how different the GBA ports were from the Gamecube games. 8 games on a Nintendo is a lot more then Bayonetta or even Shulk.

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Sign me up as a supporter.

Would have rather seen Sam in Smash as opposed to Joker.

I've had enough in terms of JRPG reps being the only DLC Smash gets and am so sick to death/tired of endless JRPG representation (I don't like JRPG games).

I also want more gun fighters as opposed to more boring sword fighters.

UbisoftDanny2000

Smash Cadet
Agreed completely. Added you to the OP and hope we can get more voicing their support for this forgotten gem of the golden generation of gaming.

Last edited:

UbisoftDanny2000

Smash Cadet
Think how cool it would be to see Sephiroth verse Sam Fisher, haha.

P.S. Heres an idea of how it might look on the character select screen. I know its from the Wii U game but still.

Last edited:

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
Think how cool it would be to see Sephiroth verse Sam Fisher, haha.

P.S. Heres an idea of how it might look on the character select screen. I know its from the Wii U game but still.

I mean, I wonder if he will have his own codex, lol. I wonder what Sam has to say about Ganondorf LMAO!

Last edited:

Warp Star Lover

Smash Cadet
I think Sam has a chance. His outfit and especially goggles are very distinctive, he's very athletic, he's used a lot of different weapons and gadgets over his 7 game series, and his similarities to Snake can be played up a bit. The Chaos Theory soundtrack by Amon Tobin & Jesper Kyd is also ripe for the picking.

The gadgets in particular could add a lot to a move set, including a stun gun, smoke grenades, sleeping gas grenades, incendiary grenades, remote mines, and a drone that can fire shock arrows. The Final Smash would probably involve his goggle functions in some way.

The Splinter Cell series has lots of great setpieces and multiplayer maps to base a stage on too.

Last edited:

UbisoftDanny2000

Smash Cadet
Well, its been a long battle gentlemen, and we gave it our all; we put up a good fight but it looks like Sam Fisher will be excluded in favor of Sora from the Disney games.

I wish i could say i had a Splinter Cell, Tom Clancy or even a Ubisoft discord to retreat to,and advertise. Unfortunately it looks like this franchise gone the way of the Dodo Bird. To all the supporters i give my eternal thanks. To those who viewed this thread and decided they were "above" such games as Tom Clancy had designs for... Shame on you.

Soon enough it will be Nintendo gone the way of the Dodo Bird and Ubisoft will be there to take the reins with all their franchise from years past. And Splinter Cell will reign supreme. Mark my words

Top Bottom