• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turbo Pikachu Thread

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
I am finally starting to get into turbo mode, and I find that Pikachu is REALLY good in turbo mode due to his raw speed and mobility. So basically, this thread is to discuss different combos with Pikachu. Any combos at all would be appreciated :)

I don't have many so far, I usually short combos of cancel into grabs. At low percents, Dsmash cancelled into a grab can lead to a Uthrow into aerial combos.

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to reply! Turbo Mode is still new to me, so please don't take this as gospel. Feel free to correct me, and such.
Coming from a primarily Brawl-based Pikachu background, I use my dsmash all the time. It's a momentum stopper, especially against close-ranged characters like Sonic, which need to be in a character's face to wreck havoc, and when they do, they are terrifying to deal with.
All of my combos tend to start with a D-smash (though downthrow works more predictably, you need to be closer in), followed by a jump towards them, into F-air's, and end with a D-air, or an U-air. I use the D-air when I'm close to the ground, for a quick hit-stun, so that I can continue ground combo to death, almost always ending with a thunder.
A good video to watch is of the Project M Turbo Tuesday Finale. 1:25 seconds in is the Pikachu turbo.
In order, it's Quick Attack to 2 jabs, to running jab, downthrow, 2 U-airs to Neutral B, U-smash to Thunderkill. Looks really situational, but the Quick attack entrance looks great, especially without the lag into attack, and the downthrow to up-air and thunder kill seems really consistent as well. However, with the speed of Turbo Mode, I think in the time it takes to think about it, you've already lost the chain. I guess just let the fingers go!

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
Actually in Turbo.... I put Pikachi at a mid tier level. He's nothing super special in Turbo, in fact he is superior in the non-turbo game compared to the turbo game. ngl

Top Bottom