• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson Hates Coty (THC) -- Gilbert, AZ

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Tucson Hates Coty (THC)

Original Tourney Thread

Videos will be uploaded to MeleePacWest, but LSF
(Tai 2-0ing Rubyiris)
, LF
(Tai 3-0ing drunk Wobbles)
, and GF
(Tai 6-0ing Jetfour)
were not recorded due to some absolutely unfortunate circumstances regarding the recording that make me very angry and very salty. You should still definitely tune in for what WAS recorded though for Taj and Wobbles' commentary (it was very awesome and quite drunken). Also, please excuse me for boasting the scores of the lost matches in spoiler tags above. I am still very bitter about those matches being lost.

Singles:
1: Tai ($43)
2: Justin Wong* ($42)
3: Prevenge** ($10)
4: Rubyiris
5: Frosty
5: Silly Kyle
7: Max
7: DualCats
9: Chess
9: Love
9: Coreygames
9: CREA
13: Ben
13: Aaron
13: Dav
13: Stuff
17: Zav
17: D-Choi
17: Matt

*Justin Wong = Jetfour
**Prevenge = DRUNK Wobbles

[collapse="Singles Bracket"]
[/collapse]
Doubles:
1: Praise the Sun (Taj + Wobbles) ($63.00)
2: Peach Sucks (Jackie + Kyle) ($27.00)
3: Free Chipotle (Tai + Falcoty)
4: Wesley Sipes (Frosty + Chess)
5: Fecal Tornado (Max + Love)
5: Bird People (Coreygames + Rubyiris)
7: Detroit (Ben + David)
7: Dav (Matt + Dav)
9: Josh Paul (Josh + Aaron)

[collapse="Doubles Bracket"]
[/collapse]

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
SHOUTS OUT (Grammatical correctness is the way)

1: Tai ($43) - Two down, four to go.

2: Justin Wong* ($42) - Thanks for beating me in WB. It gave me a very much-needed reality check. I went into the tourney expecting it to be a free 1st place (depending only on Rob's blood alcohol concentration). It was an absolutely awful mindset to be in, and it really had the potential to hold me back a lot. Losing to you gave me the salt to refuel my fire (because I really really wasn't feeling pumped for Melee at all this week) and hopefully to keep me on my toes at Apex.

3: Prevenge** ($10) - God bless alcohol. Your Russian commentary was the best.

4: Rubyiris - GGs. That was probably the most lopsided set we have ever had lol

5: Frosty - Good stuff. Movin' on up :) Keep working at your weaknesses and you'll be able to do some damage to the PR

5: Silly Kyle - GGs. You're getting a lot better at the Marth vs Peach matchup, and I'm glad you almost beat me at this tournament too. I couldn't get myself into a good tournament mindset before losing to Jackie. If our set hadn't gone last stock, I don't think I would've made the 11-game winning streak I did. Thanks, broseidon. Much love.

7: Max - GGs. We always play in pools.

7: DualCats - I missed you so much. Please come to my house at some point next week.

9: Chess - Keep at it. Try to control your mood a little better, though.

9: Love - You are such a cool dude, and you're not so bad at Melee. I'm so flattered that you consider me a Marth hero :embarrass: In that case, you really would've loved to watch LSF, LF, and GF
(because once again, I must reiterate that I did really well LOL)
, but whatevs. Keep playing Melee, good luck with your pursuit of nursing school, and I hope to see you again next time :)

9: Coreygames - Keep at it. Try to control your mood a little better, though.

9: CREA - I should inform you more when we play Smash. I'll add you to the "Phoenix Smash" group on my phone. Are you still 801-671-2533?

13: Ben, Aaron, Dav, Zav, D-Choi, Matt: It was really awesome seeing a bunch of new faces. Feel free to send me a text at 623-203-3351 with your name, so I have your number, and so I can add you guys to the "Phoenix Smash" group on my phone, and I'll try to let you know when we're playing Melee in Tempe/Phoenix. You guys should keep playing! It will make us happy.

3: Free Chipotle (Tai + Falcoty) - Coty, you owe me five bucks because we decided at the last minute to change the teams pot split to 70/30 instead of 60/30/20. I'm sorry for getting so mad at you during teams, and I have your hat. I'll give it to you next time we see each other.

SSBMstuff

Smash Cadet
Good shît guys. This was awesome; thanks for making my first melee tourney in several years a positive experience.

I apologize to the hosts for dipping out without so much as a single word, but I realized I was already running a few minutes late to meet my parents outside and they're pretty testy sometimes.

Also sorry for nabbing that hot dog lol. I felt bad afterward... I thought the food on the counter was up for grabs, but I guess groceries simply weren't put away yet, or something? At any rate, the food was taunting my unfed belly of 6 & 1/2 hours.

- Steve/SSBMstuff/dude in big grey sweater :O

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Taj: thanks for hosting, that shhit cray.
Tai: my Marth is better than yours.
Wobbles: for how drunk you were, you still kicked ***. I beat you with a Ganon charged dsmash though jajaja
Rubyiris: first time we didn't play in locals. You didn't lubricate your throat though.
Frosty: I want that shirt no homo
Silly Kyle: good **** in teams, you saved my *** a lot. I'll still exploit my awesome Marth record versus you in singles jajaja
Max: don't come into our match expecting to lose. Laser camp to piss me off at least jaja
DualCats: come baaaaaack
Chess: I need to recognize your voice so I can trash talk back jaja
Love: Pikachoo
Coreygames: dtilt lol
Coty: I am indeed an asshoIe.

Everyone else: fun games, Dk dittos and stuff. Hope you guys start playing more.

As for my ranking, based on wins, my icon should be Marth, Ganon and Peach.

:phone:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
1: Tai: I'm really salty our set wasn't recorded. I wanted to study it.
2: Justin Wong: You're a ***** for not winning.
3: Prevenge: You are the greatest man on earth.
4: Rubyiris: You're slightly less fat.
5: Frosty: falcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalco
5: Silly Kyle: **** peach. You're free, *****. ezmode. <3
7: Max: Choke less; get more tournament experience. Learn to trust your falco moar.
7: DualCats: :3
9: Chess: We didn't play. >_>
9: Love: You're pretty chill.
9: Coreygames: Your samus is sexy, you're sexy, your ignoring critique, is not. ;(
9: CREA: Your Falco is sexy. Come to more tournaments.

New guys: I hope you guys come out to more tournaments. It's always awesome to meet new faces!

Coty: You're a ***** for not staying for singles.

I love you all. <3

Corigames

Smash Hero
1: Tai - I'd be in a better mood if we played melee more : D
2: Justin Wong - I'll figure out a way around it eventually. There's got to be something.
3: Prevenge - In Soviet Mushroom Kingdom, Chargeblast shoot Samus.
4: Rubyiris - Amazing matches :3 Hot. On Fire. :p <3
5: Frosty - Didn't play much this time, thanks for the ride, and UpBOoS.
5: Silly Kyle - So close. I'm so close.
7: Max - Our matches were awesome, glad we got to finally play.
7: DualCats - ^ This. Also, Sheik. Corty went home, my problems were gone.
9: Chess - I'm suppose to counter Luigi. So, I just do what I have to.
9: Love - I agree with your Marth. It's strong. I'm watching out.
9: Coreygames - Sammy <3
9: CREA - We didn't play : ' (
13: Dav - Peach. A Peach that I have a victory against. I'm glad I got to play you : )
Other People: Glad to see other people there.

Thanks for the commentary Taj. Great. Fantastic. Also, wobbles, you can do that kind of play-by-play analysis any day. Thanks for hosting it (Tai mostly >_>).

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
1: Tai ($43)
Good job winning the tournament! I was thinking the exact same thing when I heard you beat Jackie in Grand Finals. I definitely thought our set was intense and would strengthen your mindset after winning a close victory. I'm still salty though lol

2: Jackie ($42)
It was fun teaming. Damn you for beating me in pools though. **** Princess Martha

3: Wobbles ($10)
Lol you're a silly ***** when you're drunk.
Wobble-dy wobble-dy wa wobble wobble

4: Rubyiris
Food coma johns.

5: Frosty
Good job on your placing. We tied! Work on that Peach matchup you silly ****. Also - weed is awesome

5: Silly Kyle
What a scrub. You will do better at the next tourney fo sho

7: Max
Good ****ing **** getting 7th! Moving on up :) Can't wait til you're back in Tucson after winter break

7: DualCats
Karl! It was so nice seeing you. I'm glad we got to play and you have definitely improved! We gotta play when we're both not playing ****ty

9: Chess
Sexy Luigi. Good job taking a game off me. Be my lover <3

9: Love
Speaking of lovers, be mine. <3 You did awesome and I'm so glad to see you improving! You can totes do better at the next tourney if you practice with me. I definitely think playing you has helped tremendously in the Marth matchup. Thank goodness you live just down the street from me. These ****ers don't even know what's up yet

9: Coreygames
Your Samus is getting really legit. It was hella fun chilling and I thought it was hilarious I timed you out in a friendly. Keep it klassy

9: CREA
Lol sorry for talking **** during your matches vs. Tucson players. You've definitely improved! I was scared when you had a two stock lead against me, but it felt good to bring it back. Good stuff

13: Dav
Finally another Peach player! Yay :)

To all the other new people: Nice seeing you guys and hope you had fun! Keep practicing and come out to the next tourney.

Coty: You're a skank and Tucson hates you <3

TAJ: You better enter the next tournament you fugly ****! Lolz you need to get more drunk next time. Also, wtf we need to play singles sometime. **** playing your ****ty Marth in teams. :p

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
tai got first? videos or it didn't happen

:troll:
[collapse="good **** tai"][collapse="good **** tai"]good **** tai[/collapse][collapse="good **** tai"]good **** tai[/collapse][collapse="good **** tai"]good **** tai[/collapse][collapse="good **** tai"]good **** tai[/collapse][collapse="good **** tai"]good **** tai[/collapse]good **** tai[/collapse]

DualCats

Smash Ace
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff**** I'm a scrub.

For real, though. GGs to everyone. ^ ^ I want to mm Max and Silly Kyle at some point when I've gotten sleep the night before.

Also coreygames. I want to battle you too because you kinda got shafted. My roommate mains Samus and we play all the ****ing time. I want to play you with my Marth. :3 Your Samus is pretty tight and unusually full-of-extendering.

tai got first? videos or it didn't happen

:troll:
<3

goddammit, Jeff! :V Play melee with me!

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Thank you all for coming out, give me some feedback on what you thought about Taj's better rule.

THC 2- Tai Handles Cash? (I need more drinks next time)

LoveHDC

Smash Rookie
0: Taj - Thank you for the pointers, I will take them to heart. I will heed your advice and hopefully advance my marth to become a top contender. It was a great honor to play with a legend. I know you have a smash son, however, may I be your smash grandson?
P.S. Thanks for owning me with mewtwo on request.

1: Tai - You're a champion and a hero. Teach me, oh great one. Congrats on getting first. I look forward to playing with you again and learning much more from you in the future as well.

2: Justin Wong - You represented Tucson with glory and for that I salute you. Outstanding game play sir. I hope this brings you out more.

3: Prevenge - It was an honor to play with one of the greatest legends of this game. The commentary was superb as well as your mario. Props to you for challenging me to a 5 dollar MM while being intoxicated and props to me for being smart enough to know that I wouldn't be able to beat you regardless how much you had to drink.

4: Rubyiris - It was great to finally play you. Once I get the spacy match-up down I hope to be giving you a better challenge

5: Frosty - Excellent matches sir. I look forward to playing you again soon. I am salty though, be on the lookout as im going to be practicing that match-up hardcore.

5: Silly Kyle - You got this Kyle. It's time to go train in the smash mansion we talked about. We are going to rock the PR's soon.

7: Max - Sorry I sucked *** in teams. I was playing like **** at the start. We need to practice a bunch together, we have a certain falco to beat.

7: DualCats - Good set in pools. I am glad I could catch you off guard with my gameplay coming out of nowhere. I look forward to our next match.

9: Love - Learn to counter when spacies are doing fire fox/bird you *******. I know you can do it and I know that you know you're supposed to do it so just do it damn it.

9: Coreygames - I thoroughly enjoyed our friendlies together. Your samus is most ****.

9: CREA - First round bracket, first match to get recorded, and with the best commentary possible. It was legendary to say the least. It was great playing you and I am sure you will practice to earn your revenge. I can't wait.

9: Chess - I didn't get to play you outside of doubles where it really matters. We should change that at our next meeting

To all other smashers: Great show. A lot of you shouldn't get discouraged, coming to these tournaments is how you will get better. Everyone is glad to throw out pointers so just ask. Watch videos and play friendlies and you'll soon be placing much higher.

To the AZ smash scene: I hope I made an impact on the smash community and made my debut worthwhile. I know I surprised the lot of you with my Marth and Ganon. I look forward to playing you all again. This is a great state with a great smash scene, thanks for making the new guy feel welcome.

Regards,
Love

DualCats

Smash Ace
lol, you fucking took me by surprise, Love. Good shit. Your playstyle is pretty intelligent.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I challenged you to a money match? Huh. I don't recall doing that.

Anyhow GGs to everybody thanks for tolerating my silliness. I'm honestly wanting to make a shift back to using my Mario more so this was the perfect opportunity to do it.

I am still not sure how my Kirby ended up in Winner's finals but I'm glad it was quickly removed from the premises.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
LOL "Falco dance around on level like ****** ballerina" #1 commentary

Thanks to Taj and Tai for hosting. Hopefully THC will become a monthly thing because I really wanna play more smash and Tucson is kinda far.

Love - OMG our set was so close asdkljfdjklfa. You ***** me with those F-smashes though GG

Kyle - I think your **** talking was what fueled me to get those first two stocks but then you pretty much destroyed me after that. I need to get friendlies with you next time since I have no idea how to play vs Peach. Oh and you still haven't hooked me up with that single ;)

Ruby - thanks for all the friendlies. Playing against a better Falco is probably my favorite way to practice. Good **** on beating Kyle.

Tai - thanks for hosting and congrats on first. My number hasn't changed so you should definitely hit me up if you're doing any smashfests that aren't too far from Chandler.

GG's everyone

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Tai: Sorry, I know I get upset, I try not to be a pain in the *** about it, no johns ill do better next time. Also good **** on taking our money.

Frosty: <3 we will play when I get back, good stuff on the tourney performance

Max+Corey: I owe you guys a big apology. You guys destroyed me fair and square, and I was super upset about it, I think justifiably. But I shouldn't have said the things I did about the matches or how you guys played, you are both beasts and I hope we get a chance to play again, character johns aside.

Taj+Wobbles: Thanks for hosting, this was my favorite tournament in the 2 years I've been here.

Cats: So much <3 dude. Thanks for taking me to panda and it was fun getting lost w/you. We better play when I get back.

SK<3: How are you always so happy? It was sad to see you raging, but just keep at it and eventually you'll **** that stupid asian marth. Just like everyone else did, even though it wasn't recorded. :troll:

Other people: Good games

New people: PLAY!!!! I know you are new and feel like you're gonna embarrass yourself or whatever, but just call next, sit down and play. I promise you will have a lot of fun

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I'm trying to make THC a monthly thing. Hopefully, the turnout will be consistent with these. :D

Thanks again for everyone that showed up. I requested January 21 off work, so I'm shooting for that as the next tourney date. Hope you guys can all make it. :)

DualCats

Smash Ace
Cats: So much <3 dude. Thanks for taking me to panda and it was fun getting lost w/you. We better play when I get back.
lolol i suck at driving. We definitely need to play more :3

Max is pretty tight. i ain't even mad.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Max+Corey: I owe you guys a big apology. You guys destroyed me fair and square, and I was super upset about it, I think justifiably. But I shouldn't have said the things I did about the matches or how you guys played, you are both beasts and I hope we get a chance to play again, character johns aside.
Dude, I do it too. Ask Frosty and Coty. It's nothing big, but I did like the fact that I made you rage quit out of the first game when you still had a stock left :p

Also, thanks Tucson for coming to my place afterwards. Smash after hours is always great.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I do it too. Ask Frosty and Coty. It's nothing big, but I did like the fact that I made you rage quit out of the first game when you still had a stock left :p

Also, thanks Tucson for coming to my place afterwards. Smash after hours is always great.
I legitly did not notice that I had a stock left till I watched afterwards lol. AZ ANGER AHHHHH

:phone:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Cori, I love you, but your salt levels are definitely not "nothing big." and have a huge impact on your mood, and how you play. The day you stop letting the salt overwhelm you will be the day you notice the biggest improvement in your skill, and overall consistency as a player.

@Ches: A player of your caliber should not be going into a tournament with any expectations what so ever. You're not bad, but damn.

...Also I'm sure this post, coming from me, will probably make certain people laugh their *** off, and or roll their eyes. I ain't even mad.

Top Bottom