• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Cool. Mine is 520-991-4221

I live on the NW side of town.

Do you have transportation??

We could meet like in the middle or something. We smash at the U of A frequently and at a friend's house close by.

Tempest7X

Smash Rookie
I've went to like 1 brawl tourney at one point.

I know Sean but don't think I ever went to a brawl tourney with him.

:phone:

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
found a workout crtv in my parking lot (loltucson) so I now have a melee setup at my place. hit me up if anyone wants to come and smash/smoke/whatever sometime

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Hey, Tucson. Because Jade and Co, as well as Tipper wanting to smash more often, I've been considering reviving the Tucson weeklies, and the Tucson PR. Also, if we become more active, Corey is considering moving here in the near future.

I've talked to Kyle so far, and he's down. Elvis MAY show up occasionally if we host it on Saturdays.

I want to know the following:

Should we do singles only, or both? Round Robin, or Bracket? Should it be held on Friday or Saturday? Should we include an entry fee to make it more competitive? How expensive should it be? And finally, should we host it at the TV Lounge, or somewhere else?

As for a ranking, a quick draft I made:

0. Forward
1. Plenip
3. Silly Kyle
4. Rubyiris
5. OkamiBW
6. Shivknight
7. Max
8. Kosuke
9. Rusty
10. Tipper
11. 2021
12. Ninjade
13. Cooper
14. The Raze
15. Tempest7x
16. Tommy Der Meister
17. Jane
18. Stephen
16. Jordan

People are welcome to dispute this. Top 5 or so was just based off the AZ PR, but it is subject to change based on how we do against each other in-city, since this is a CITY power ranking.

Jane

Smash Hero
Primarily singles but dubz occasionally would be cool too. Round robin fosho. Our scene isnt THAT big. Dollar entry fee. Tv lounge is the best we got. Middle ground, free, and food super close.

Oh and i would rather it be during the week, like wed or thur. But if more peeps are available during the weekend thats fine.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Week is an absolute no go for me due to strict dorm rules. ATM I can't even leave the premises on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. On Wednesday I'm only available from 4:00PM to 9:00 PM because of dorm curfew

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
I'd also probably prefer the week cause I'll be busy most weekend nights. I'd also be happy to have you guys over sometime if we want to do one at my place, it's kinda small but pretty nice and I have 2 crtvs.

Jane

Smash Hero
^yeah i like to keep my weekend nights open. so since its looking like these are gonna be during the weekend, lets have them earlier rather than later.

and yeah ben, whenever you feel like smashing hit me up! so down for that drinking and driving stuff too hahaha

Jane

Smash Hero
forgive me, oh great merciful rubyiris, for i hath forgotten that we may only play melee in your presence. it will never happen again, my lord.

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
xander i def can't play weekend nights. i still want to smash with you though man. no need to be sensitive about it man.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Oh it's no problem. I thought you guys were considering having the weeklies on weekdays, which is why I got bent out of shape. That was my bad.

Are you available in the afternoon? I'd ideally like to start them between 10 and 12, and end before 8PM. If it's just Tucson we have MORE than enough time for this to happen if people focus on getting their tournament matches squared away.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
I like how im the one organizing this yet you guys are trying to play during the times I can't.

I like it too. **** Rubyiris.

I am available this Tues/Wed, as is my place for like 3 other people.

And I have a secret new main. :troll:

Just kidding. Though I want to start limiting my gamut of characters so I can be really good at one character.

I'm trying to find another job so I have more time off for travelling and such. Which includes OoS smashing.

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
i could do smashfests during the weekend days sometimes. id def be down to do one this weekend during the day although idk if i could stay for that long I can't play competitive smash for like 5 hours at a time anymore.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
don't you literally make this exact post once every week or two
Who are you? Does anyone care? Leave him alone. We're all used to whatever he says so you can get used to it too or go back to the thread for your own ****ing state.

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
I leave for winter break on thursday, and I wouldn't mind smashing some good people one last time before I'm out. So...smashfest at my place Tuesday for whoever can make it. I've only got one tv/cube setup so if more then a couple people show up we'll need more. I've also got all the beers/weed in the world, and if i'm feeling ambitious i could cook up some food for everybody too.

I live on 9th and vine, just a little south of the UofA, and i'm in the University Arms apartment building. let me know if you want to come here or text me. Please don't just show up without letting me know in some way first. We'll have a fun time. People can show up around like 5 and we can smash till whenever.

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
if enough people come also we could get like a round robin and **** going on. It'll be like the old smashfests at Jade's place.

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
so seeing as there is no interest from anyone and xander can't make it this will no longer be happening. I am saddened.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Don't listen to Kyle, he has a reputation of being a flake!

jackie drunkeness from monday bar stuff as;dklfjalkf and jajjaajjaajja

I have Wednesday and Thurs off of work so I'll be down

Don't bother offering Tucson flakes with cooking goals and stuff cuz they all flakes son! Well, most or something a;sdla;ljfdl;jf

But yo dawg text me in case i forget when i'm sober ro soemthing liek, that

G

genkaku

I just got into tucson yesterday, anything going on worth attending in the next month?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
There will probably be something in Phoenix next month iirc. Contact players about playing. We're scattered about kinda so it's kinda hard to always get a lot of players but also easy to just get one specific training partner.

Top Bottom