• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TTTT Three Results - Columbus, Ohio (April 25, 2015) ft. Shugo

Suyon

Smash Lord
Tsuyondere's Tormenting Tournament Trial 3 Results

Bracket: http://tsuyondere.challonge.com/3doublesfix
Smash Wii U Doubles: 15 Entrants. $20 Entry Fee per Team. $300 Pot Double Elimination
1) Fizzle + Suyon ($180, 60%)
2) Fumbles + KassandraNova ($90, 30%)
3) Katakiri + JT ($30, 10% )
4) link24 + H-Man
5) Disgusting Fanction (ithrowthings + zareidriel)
5) Spicer + Warhound
7) Axhole + Boborian 8
7) Davion Posilbert (Aura + Avion)
9) Delta Fist + Flippant
9) Fromundaman + Skiboots
9) Lights + Void
9) Sai + Rizner
13) DRVM + Vintage
13) King Beef + Shugo (DQ)
13) Silver + Xane

Smash Wii U Singles: 55 Entrants, $10 Entry Fee. $550 Pool. 8 pools. 7 pools had 7 people and 1 had 6 people. Top 3 get out to make a 24 man bracket
TTTT THREE Smash Wii U Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Shugo
$275.00
2nd
Katakiri
$110.00
3rd
Fizzle
$77.00
4th
Fumbles
$49.50
5th
Suyon
$19.25
5th
JT
$19.25
7th
ithrowthings
7th
H-Man
9th
King Beef
9th
Aura
9th
Karinole
9th
Xane
13th
Forever B+
13th
Delta Fist
13th
katman
13th
solecalibur
17th
Fromundaman
17th
Jaguar
17th
Links24
17th
Spicer
17th
kassandranova
17th
T-Flex
17th
Odie
17th
DRVM
25th
Rizner
25th
Axhole
25th
Ginja
25th
The Terrific Tracy
25th
At
25th
Flippant
25th
Avion (2nd seed forfeit)
25th
Level 9 CPU
33rd
Void
33rd
Denzi
33rd
Boborian
33rd
skiboots
33rd
BugCatcherWill
33rd
Warhound
33rd
Zareidriel
33rd
Vintage
41st
Tafari
41st
Improv
41st
Gucci
41st
B1G
41st
Silver
41st
A.J.
41st
Valamway
49th
Tola (DQ)
49th
Toast
49th
Chase
49th
B10_D10 (DQ)
49th
Satterday
49th
Moya (DQ)
49th
Lights

Payouts: Top 5
1) $297 (55%)
2) $162 (30%)
3) $54 (10%)
4) $27 (5%)
5) $5 (Half Entry Fee)
5) $5 (Half Entry Fee)

Smash 3v3: 9 Teams, $3 Entry per team, $27 pot, Single Elimination due to there not being enough time.
Bracket: http://tsuyondere.challonge.com/three3v3
1) Go Deep, Mid, Support (JT + Suyon + Delta Fist) ($24)
2) The Worst (Fumbles + KassandraNova + Rizner) ($3)
3) ithrowthings + H-Man + Zareidriel
3) Sponsored by Fakku (Flippant + T-Flex + Level 9 CPU
5) KB + Tafari + Warhound
5) solecalibur + denzi + lokii
5) B1G + at + Xane
5) katakiri + skiboots + Fromundaman
9) lights + void + satterday (DQ)

Project M Singles Results. 11 entrants, 2 pools with 1 pool of 5 people and 1 pool of 6 people. Top 2 get out and 4 man double elimination bracket is played. Top 2 get paid and 3rd gets 1 dollar back. $5 entry fee

1) Fizzle(1a) ($38)
2) Papa(1b) ($16)
3) Juushichi(2b) ($1)
4) Fumbles(2a)
Pool Cutouff
5) livewirewarrior(3a)
5)Musing
7)Silver
7) Rizner
9)AlfaStryke
9)Zareidriel (Forfeit)
9) Xane

Matches https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbyInPsI6Tl1xCjezuAECgSva2DslykKL

Thank you for coming guys! Most entrants ever so far now. Thought I ran this tournament pretty bad but did enough to finish the job. Started pools too late and could have made it at least 30 minutes earlier. 3v3 started late because I and another TO thought there would not be enough time.
Improvements that can be made. Be more efficient with the time and making pools faster. Having more setups is a necessity now. We could have saved maybe an hour if we had 2 more setups during pools. Also people seriously need to stop playing friendlies during pools. You're wasting my time and delaying the tournament. No MMs either.
Not sure if I'll have PM next time. People ask me to host it but do not even show up. Don't even know what to think of that now. Also, hearing you guys hate on Smash 4 is not appreciated. I don't care who the heck you are. I will not tolerate any bad mouths of any other games. I do not want my participants or viewers feel unwelcome here. You know who you are. If you do not then you have problems. This is a message to everyone.

Thank you ithrowthings and Solecalibur for helping me run this tournament. Shoutouts to ithrowthings for his buttons and Lokii for her amazing artwork. Shoutouts for TO struggle. Shoutouts to ESI with help with gear but as awlays no help with returning the gear. Also stop playing Magic too if you're going to help or be more attentive. Regardless, I'm grateful for the help still.
Once again thank you everyone for coming. I really enjoyed this tournament where NEOH, Columbus, Dayton, and Cinci all came. Next time I hope to get everyone again + OUGA. This tournament was extremely fun and extremely stacked at the same time.

Next tournament I'm hoping to get June 20th at Donatos on North High Street near West Lane. None in May because I will be in Japan studying abroad.

B10_D10 if you see this then I will refund you $15. It's unfortunate of what happened and I hope for the best.

I don't feel bad losing to Katakiri and Shugo, 1st and 2nd place finshers. I know I am capable of beating you two and I was close in doing so as well. My regret against you Shugo was my mispace and you capitalized it and clutched game 1. Game 2 I can't believe I SD at 7% after an 80% lead. Oh well, I know I don't get bodied by you guys which is good to know.

Last edited:

half_silver28

Smash Ace
really fun tournament, wish there was more of a showing for PM tho. I hate to say that I've soured a bit towards Smash 4, facing a lot of high tier chars that could zone out my Lucy so much. Don't think I'll attend another non-Cincy Smash 4 tourney until I get a pocket high tier developed. I do agree that the other TOs needed to stop playing magic and make people stop playing friendlies during pools.

Shoutouts:

Fizzle - is a jerk. But I honestly really enjoyed our Zelda mirrors, and I don't usually enjoy them. I dropped the ball in PM tho. Congrats on beating us all in PM and dubs.

Fumbles - you were a great guy to drive with as always. We have to remember our freaking controllers next time so we don't have to trade one off constantly. Congrats on 2nd in dubs and 4th in singles (but you need to beat Fizzle's trolly char choices next time).

Suyon - thanks for running a tight ship and mostly keeping on schedule without a whole lot of active help to keep friendlies and MMs from happening during pools. Congrats on taking dubs with Fizzle too

Xane - thank you so much for bailing me out on the controller issue. That said, teaming together last minute was probably not such a good idea. Even more so than Melee or PM teams, Smash 4 teams requires more than 2 matches of practice time to go anywhere. Impressive showing in singles for you though, keep it up

Jaguar - ggs in pools, the RNG is truly a cruel mistress : /

Kassandranova - I'm totally subbing you now. Great job with Fumbles in teams too : )

Odie - I hate ROB, and I will never CP Duck Hunt again : l . ggs regardless

Rizner - still the worst. However, you could be less of the worst if you let me play your Kirby more next week, I needa learn that MU apparently.

Avion - there's always that one match that makes me salty, though it was more that I hate being told to drop my main than the Lucy/Sheik MU being so bad. I just didn't really have a good option to CP you. ggs anyway, sorry about the salt

Boborian - ggs man. wish I could've given you a better game, but I was still in PM mode, and really should've at least gotten a warmup match before.

Zareidriel - ggs in PM dude. You shouldn't feel bad about getting beat up, most of the guys in our tiny tournament were super legit players.

Lokii - your artwork was really awesome, I almost bought that Sheik/Zelda print, but I knew I could put those pins to use right away : )

Silver - Any day now, I'll actually be able to beat someone good. Getting to last stock, but can't seal the deal. Need a pocket top tier to deal with the likes of ROB and Sheik in Smash 4 too.

Chase - ggs in pools man, keep at it!

Papa - ggs with our whole 1 and a half friendlies. I can def understand your frustration with Fizzle too, dude IS a jerk. But abusing your poor controller will just cost ya $. You can come to Cincy anytime to take our money, if you can ; )

Juu - really nice seeing you again, ggs with the Yoshi too. Hope you'll be down in Cincy next month. And I am legit wondering if there's any char you can't play in this game.

livewirewarrior - ggs man, even though I got bodied. If I don't get bodied sometimes I won't learn anything, so thanks for bringing my lacking knowledge of the Kirby MU to my attention.

Musing - ggs dude, that Ganon is super legit.

Alfastryke - ggs in pools man. Your Yoshi is really good, but you are neglecting some of your best options like neutral B for example. And your airdodge is not very good - I'll bair you for it every time : ) . Keep working on that Yosh!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
For the most part, no, there is no character I can't play to some extent.

Fumbles - Thank you for the games, I had low confidence coming into this set, but I guess it worked out.
Papa - Thank you for the games, we already spoke about other things. I'll come back with a bit more focus for the next set. Not happy to blow a lead to you. Set should have been 3-1. Please try to control your temper better.
Fizzle - Thank you for the games, I really want to play more than 1 serious set against you. I have some ideas that might work against you but I don't have enough time to get control during the set it seems.
Rizner - Thank you for the games, try Anther's ladder if you want more playtime and can't get any in Cincinnati. Otherwise, play the locals who can play and try new things. You have a good baseline, but lapse in judgement at weird times. Fun friendlies towards the end of the event.

Suyon - Thank you for hosting, safe travels to Japan for your study abroad. Not sure what to say about the turnout, I'm also disappointed but it happens I guess. Understandable if you do not host again.

Anyone **** talking either game, don't do that. It's dumb and childish. Be appreciative that the smash series can bring a bunch of people together.

Last edited:

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'm sorry again that I couldn't show up to this. I had to work and I had plans to go see a movie with a friend afterwards. I'd love to see Shugo and Kassy in person again, for example.

But I will acknowledge this interesting little detail Suyon brought up:

---

"Not sure if I'll have PM next time. People ask me to host it but do not even show up. Don't even know what to think of that now. Also, hearing you guys hate on Smash 4 is not appreciated. I don't care who the heck you are. I will not tolerate any bad mouths of any other games. I do not want my participants or viewers feel unwelcome here. You know who you are. If you do not then you have problems. This is a message to everyone."

---

He is absolutely right. As a player of both Smash 4 & PM, I don't like nor do I appreciate seeing conflict like this at a multi-game event. I know people (including some of you) that don't like or outright HATE either game like the black plague, but that doesn't mean you can just roll with that at your leisure when both games are at the same place. You're just ****ting on the reputation of your own group as much as you want to do that to the other one. I've seen some turn themselves off from a game just because of certain players' attitudes (example: Hating PM not for its gameplay, but for its toxic elitist players).

Since the PM players were clearly outnumbered by the Smash 4 players, any one of you that ****-talked the other game made yourselves look really sore, jealous or salty about it to me. BUT, this doesn't mean that the Smash 4 players can just **** all over you guys for your game, either. That also needs to be kept in point, because I'm getting really sick of that, too.

No matter what Smash game you play, be appreciative that Smash in general can bring in so many new people and potential new friends. Don't ruin it for others just because you like one game more than the other and feel the need to enforce that on others, because that can affect how onlookers see the entire Smash community as a whole. Don't act or be stupid and childish in their eyes.

Last edited:

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
In other news, I can't help but feel really grateful that Sonic can win tourneys in Smash 4 better than he could in Brawl.

I'm also shocked that I don't see Diddy in the results at all.

sparkaura

Smash Apprentice
Uh, someone claimed my character. I'm Aura.

Shout outs to Xane for the Lucario Amiibo! You easily made my month lol.

Last edited:

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
Might as well do a quick write up.

Great tournament as usual, lots of fun to be had and damn did the best of Ohio show up! Not unhappy with 9th although I know I can do better.

Shoutouts:

BugCatcherWill - for teaching me the importance of good DI.

Flippant - If only those money match skills could be put towards making it out of pools. :p

Forever B+ - The runback of Donatos winner's finals. You're aggressive game is great but Rosie is a weird character to fight against. If you actually played more of this game I could see you doing really well in the future.

Zareidriel - Jeez I need to work on the Robin MU a bit more. Good stuff man!

Katakiri - I really need to learn more about Meta Knight because I don't have a concrete gameplan here. Good games though, you're always fun to play against for someone so overwhelmingly good.

Improv - Always a fun time man but sorry you ended up in one of the murder pools.

Spicer - I know the Rosalina v Ness fight is really rough man but you played very well and your spacing was on point. Be careful when recovering in the future as I caught you a few times right off the ledge.

Links24 - You had a really great shulk man! I was sweating trying to find a way through that. Going Falcon in game 3 was....probably not the best choice as Rosalina can really make a mess of that matchup.

JT - Thanks for beating me so I could leave. You're fun to go up against and a challenge to predict.

H-man - Sorry if I seemed a bit half-assed during our match as I really just needed to leave but GGs anyway. I'll try to bring a bit more heat if we play again and your Samus is looking real clean.

Suyon

Smash Lord
I delayed doubles for Akron due to flat tire about an hour. But Akron definitely showed up and came to compete. I was very impressed except with links24. I know you can do better than that and you too Zareidriel.
I was somewhat surprised to see who made it out of pools and who didn't make it out of pools. It was quite hard making pools too since there were a lot of good players. Some pools may have been more stacked than others but it was definitely not easy for everyone. Now some people may be upset with 24 man bracket. Here are my thoughts. For time reason 32 man bracket would have taken too much time. Why not do a 16 man bracket then? I didn't want to make pools too extremely difficult for everyone. I want to see if the third seeds have what it takes to make it far in bracket or win at least one set? Well if you win one in winners then lose the next two sets you get last in bracket while someone loses in winners but wins in one set gets higher placing than me is unfair. Yes, that is quite true, but to me I see it as as long as I win 2 sets then I have proved myself and belong in this bracket. That's just my reasoning guys. If majority don't like it then I'll probably stop doing 24 man brackets.

Uh, someone claimed my character. I'm Aura.
My bad, I accidentally input that name automatically while adding your characters.

For the most part, no, there is no character I can't play to some extent.
Suyon - Thank you for hosting, safe travels to Japan for your study abroad. Not sure what to say about the turnout, I'm also disappointed but it happens I guess. Understandable if you do not host again.
Anyone **** talking either game, don't do that. It's dumb and childish. Be appreciative that the smash series can bring a bunch of people together.
I will definitely give PM another chance. If I am not able to run PM along with my Wii U event then I will stop hosting. I will also stop hosting if there's low attendance again.

Carls, it wasn't a big deal for people **** talking about other smash games. I just heard it and didn't like it. I don't host these events for you guys to hate one another. As Juushichi said, it can bring a bunch of people together. This event brought so many people together and some haven't even seen each other for 3-4 years.

In other news, I can't help but feel really grateful that Sonic can win tourneys in Smash 4 better than he could in Brawl.

I'm also shocked that I don't see Diddy in the results at all.
Maybe because we're Ohio. We never use the good characters. Some things just never change.

Silver, you should still come to these tournies even if you don't feel confident with your Smash Wii U characters. PM may still be there.

Shoutouts to me for hosting an event without knowing there would be a free concert of Chromeo/Passion Pit that would be 100 feet away from my tournament.

Last edited:

Xanesane

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xanesane
really fun tournament, wish there was more of a showing for PM tho. I hate to say that I've soured a bit towards Smash 4, facing a lot of high tier chars that could zone out my Lucy so much. Don't think I'll attend another non-Cincy Smash 4 tourney until I get a pocket high tier developed. I do agree that the other TOs needed to stop playing magic and make people stop playing friendlies during pools.

Shoutouts:

Fizzle - is a jerk. But I honestly really enjoyed our Zelda mirrors, and I don't usually enjoy them. I dropped the ball in PM tho. Congrats on beating us all in PM and dubs.

Fumbles - you were a great guy to drive with as always. We have to remember our freaking controllers next time so we don't have to trade one off constantly. Congrats on 2nd in dubs and 4th in singles (but you need to beat Fizzle's trolly char choices next time).

Suyon - thanks for running a tight ship and mostly keeping on schedule without a whole lot of active help to keep friendlies and MMs from happening during pools. Congrats on taking dubs with Fizzle too

Xane - thank you so much for bailing me out on the controller issue. That said, teaming together last minute was probably not such a good idea. Even more so than Melee or PM teams, Smash 4 teams requires more than 2 matches of practice time to go anywhere. Impressive showing in singles for you though, keep it up

Jaguar - ggs in pools, the RNG is truly a cruel mistress : /

Kassandranova - I'm totally subbing you now. Great job with Fumbles in teams too : )

Odie - I hate ROB, and I will never CP Duck Hunt again : l . ggs regardless

Rizner - still the worst. However, you could be less of the worst if you let me play your Kirby more next week, I needa learn that MU apparently.

Avion - there's always that one match that makes me salty, though it was more that I hate being told to drop my main than the Lucy/Sheik MU being so bad. I just didn't really have a good option to CP you. ggs anyway, sorry about the salt

Boborian - ggs man. wish I could've given you a better game, but I was still in PM mode, and really should've at least gotten a warmup match before.

Zareidriel - ggs in PM dude. You shouldn't feel bad about getting beat up, most of the guys in our tiny tournament were super legit players.

Lokii - your artwork was really awesome, I almost bought that Sheik/Zelda print, but I knew I could put those pins to use right away : )

Silver - Any day now, I'll actually be able to beat someone good. Getting to last stock, but can't seal the deal. Need a pocket top tier to deal with the likes of ROB and Sheik in Smash 4 too.

Chase - ggs in pools man, keep at it!

Papa - ggs with our whole 1 and a half friendlies. I can def understand your frustration with Fizzle too, dude IS a jerk. But abusing your poor controller will just cost ya $. You can come to Cincy anytime to take our money, if you can ; )

Juu - really nice seeing you again, ggs with the Yoshi too. Hope you'll be down in Cincy next month. And I am legit wondering if there's any char you can't play in this game.

livewirewarrior - ggs man, even though I got bodied. If I don't get bodied sometimes I won't learn anything, so thanks for bringing my lacking knowledge of the Kirby MU to my attention.

Musing - ggs dude, that Ganon is super legit.

Alfastryke - ggs in pools man. Your Yoshi is really good, but you are neglecting some of your best options like neutral B for example. And your airdodge is not very good - I'll bair you for it every time : ) . Keep working on that Yosh!
Aw thanks silver I realy liked playing with you !

BiG_GiNg

Smash Rookie
another great tourny suyon....even though i let you down and didnt make it out of pools...played well in pools i though but couldnt close out sets. the chars that make me flinch were all in my pools and it clearly showed :(

Xane shout to you for being a good sheik and helping me learn some of that match up. i hate playing them but i really need to figure out that match up

suyon im glad i finally got to play you in tourny and not friendlies and i see how far ive really come...i want to take atleast 1 game off ya

Flippant keep up the good work on that jiggles...i wont get 2-0 next time promise

M@v

Subarashii!
Glad you guys got a great turnout. There was a tourney at Penn State (my Alma Mater) this weekend as well, so I was there instead. I'm going to Shuffle though, so I'll see you all there!

P.S. Good job Shugo. If we don't face in bracket there we should play </3.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'll probably have replays from my WiiU uploaded by this weekend. Please Understand.

Shoutouts time!

-First off, I want to thank you Suyon for hosting such a fun event, and to all of the TOs or people who helped them out for making the event even better. Also thank you to everyone else who brought setups; lots of setups meant that it seemed like no one was unable to get games throughout the event.

-Thank you all for coming out to this; it was great to meet so many new people and see old faces. Special Shout outs to NEOH for showing up and representing! Been too long since I'd seen you guys, and you're all better than ever!

-Did anyone happen to take a purple GC controller that had a Ganondorf button on it by any chance? Mine went missing. Thanks in advance.

Oh, and before I start shoutouts, I want to address this:

I delayed doubles for Akron due to flat tire about an hour. But Akron definitely showed up and came to compete. I was very impressed except with links24. I know you can do better than that and you too Zareidriel.
I was somewhat surprised to see who made it out of pools and who didn't make it out of pools. It was quite hard making pools too since there were a lot of good players. Some pools may have been more stacked than others but it was definitely not easy for everyone. Now some people may be upset with 24 man bracket. Here are my thoughts. For time reason 32 man bracket would have taken too much time. Why not do a 16 man bracket then? I didn't want to make pools too extremely difficult for everyone. I want to see if the third seeds have what it takes to make it far in bracket or win at least one set? Well if you win one in winners then lose the next two sets you get last in bracket while someone loses in winners but wins in one set gets higher placing than me is unfair. Yes, that is quite true, but to me I see it as as long as I win 2 sets then I have proved myself and belong in this bracket. That's just my reasoning guys. If majority don't like it then I'll probably stop doing 24 man brackets.
I have mixed feelings on this.
On one hand, it does kind of suck to cause an upset then still place as though I had gone 0-2, essentially making an entire set just not count (Especially when that bracket path sent me back to one of the guys who beat me in pools whereas losing my 1st set in brackets would have put me against someone I hadn't fought yet).

On the flip side, 24 man bracket allowed more of us to make it into the bracket, and at a glance it looks like some of the 3rd seeds made it a ways into the bracket, whereas in a 16 man bracket they might have drowned in pools.
This kind of served, in my eyes, as an equalizer to balance out pool difficulty.

To be honest there are pros and cons to this system, so whichever way you choose to handle it in the future is good in my eyes.

-Shugo: Good to see you doing great in this game too! Sadly I didn't get a chance to play you though; maybe next time.

-Katakiri: Your metaknight is incredibly fun to watch; hopefully I'll get some matches in with you at the next event. Sorry for our 3v3 team being bad XD

-Fizzle: It was great seeing you again! Great job on 3rd! I wasn't honestly sure if you still played this game or not XD
So... end of the day, was 3rd place enough to make it worth missing the concert?

-Fumbles: Good **** repping Cinci and making 4th place!

-Suyon: Great job on 5th, especially making that placement while TOing! Your ZSS looks solid; we'll need to play sometime. Sadly I work Fridays so I keep missing you when you are at No Limit Gaming.

-JT: You are one of the most patient players I have ever met. Sorry that game 3 was so unbearably dull, but sadly that was the only way I could somewhat deal with your sonic.
That said Link game 2 on Lylat? Hopefully next time we meet I can make you take me more seriously.

-ITT: Good Job on top 8! I'll get you next time though! I am really glad to have come so close against you though, it's a huge step up from the way our games used to go. Your Sonic is still a beast, keep it up!

-H-man: WOOHOOO! Samus in top 8 baby!
In all seriousness, your Samus is godlike. Hopefully we meet again; I want my runback, and hopefully to better learn the matchup. I thought I knew how to fight Samus before playing you, but man was I wrong.

Fun fact: You are the only person in this entire event, be it friendlies, MMs or tournament to have made me doubt my character choice and consider a counterpick. I decided to try and stick it out, but that may not have been the right choice.

-King Beef: It was great seeing you again, and good **** on making it so far. That said why didn't you use Mario on me at all in our MM or friendlies? That probably would have been your best bet; cape really messes with my setups, Nair and UpB get you out of a lot, and FLUDD can make trampoline a very dangerous option to use.

-Aura: I'm not sure we played unless you were the Greninja I played against in teams. If so your Greninja was solid and I would love to get some 1v1 matches with you next time.

-Katman: Yooooo... Your link is super legit. I hope someone has footage of you (I know we played friendlies on stream if nothing else) because your Link is something else.
I'm both glad to see that you have gotten so good at this game and that you are showing that Link is viable.

-Solecalibur: Thanks for the stream and the early friendlies. Out of curiosity, why don't you go Wario in tournament? Your Wario seemed really strong, although I admit I don't know the MU either.

-Fromundaman: Okay, you made it into bracket, but you can do much better than this. Fix the obvious mistakes and come back stronger next time.

-Links24: Monado Boys!
Your Shulk is by far the best I've played. Our games were a lot of fun, and it was great chilling with you again. We need to hit up more of the same tournaments. Next event I'm hoping to attend will be Dismantle. Any chance of seeing you there?

-Kassandra: One of these days, we need to actually play some games XD
In the meantime, I will be busy seducing a hydrant.

-T-flex: GGs man. Hate to be that guy, but Charizard really seems to be a terribly unviable character. That was the first time I'd ever played one in this game, but he seems to just outright lose to the shield button. :(
I think if you'd gone Falcon the entire set I probably would have lost.

-Ginja: Pretty sure you won't see this and we kind of talked about this in the car, but no worries, off-days happen. Next time you got this. You and I both know how good you are, as does the rest of the Dayton crew; next time you'll have to show everyone else.

-Terrific Tracy: GGs man. You couldn't have known before our match, but I am quite proficient in the villager matchup; it's actually one I'm growing to like more and more. You are pretty good though; just like you said have to learn the weird character MUs. The game is young, and the unknown characters are scary! (Freakin' Samus... Who knew there would be a day when Powersuit Samus would be scary?)

-Skiboots: Chin up; you are getting better. If you can, come early on Thursday. I do have some things I noticed for you to work on.

-Warhound: GGs man. So we are even right now right? Want to make our next meeting interesting and schedule a MM? :D

-Lokii: It was great to see you again! I've missed all you NEOH peeps. Also, WOW your artwork has gotten a lot better! I was sadly not in a position to make purchases (Going to be in Europe all next month so trying not to spend much right now) but if you make a Pacman and/or Iggy Koopa painting for our next meeting I will be all over that.
Also I don't know if you know @Absol (I hope this is the right one), but he would probably be interested in that amazing Shiek art you had.

-Sai: ...what do you mean you didn't enter singles?!

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Last edited:

Karaoke Man

Smash Apprentice
Good Games to everyone that I played. I'm generally bad at getting to shoutouts, but I'm gonna' try to get to them when I'm not near the point of slumping over my keyboard.

Also....

WHY AM I KATMAN

I mean, I think cats are cool and all...

BUT YEAH WHY

*taps foot*

Suyon

Smash Lord
I have mixed feelings on this.
On one hand, it does kind of suck to cause an upset then still place as though I had gone 0-2, essentially making an entire set just not count (Especially when that bracket path sent me back to one of the guys who beat me in pools whereas losing my 1st set in brackets would have put me against someone I hadn't fought yet).

On the flip side, 24 man bracket allowed more of us to make it into the bracket, and at a glance it looks like some of the 3rd seeds made it a ways into the bracket, whereas in a 16 man bracket they might have drowned in pools.
This kind of served, in my eyes, as an equalizer to balance out pool difficulty.

To be honest there are pros and cons to this system, so whichever way you choose to handle it in the future is good in my eyes.

-Suyon: Great job on 5th, especially making that placement while TOing! Your ZSS looks solid; we'll need to play sometime. Sadly I work Fridays so I keep missing you when you are at No Limit Gaming.
So, this is actually the third time I have used the 24 man bracket in my monthlies. Brackets could have been made way better for the 2nd and 3rd seeds. ITT and I made brackets and we were pressed for time. Previously I was somewhat able to avoid people playing in the same pools if they won or lost 1st round. This time it did not go so well. I may add 1a,1b,1c, 2a,2b,2c,etc. To make sure to avoid that. Also, look at links....he got 1st seed but got last still in bracket (disappointed). My goal next time is to predict that 2nd seeds face 3rd seeds in losers round 1 that were not in the same pool.
The overall goal regardless is still to predict top 16 in bracket. Some pools may have been more stacked than others so that's why top 3. I am 7 for 8 in top 8 when I made pools (curse you LINKS24!!!). I am 5 for 8 in top 16. I could have been 6 for 8 but it's weird since Avion dropped out as a second seed making Odie 2nd and Jaguar third seed.
So yeah, pros and cons with this system but I think it's an okay system.
WHY AM I KATMAN

I mean, I think cats are cool and all...

BUT YEAH WHY

*taps foot*
You are katman because ITT promoted you in brackets.

Top Bottom