• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSM Leffen: The Journey of Smash's Villain

Thumbtack28

Smash Rookie
There is a lot of talk on what constitutes as a "God of Melee". Many consider Mew2King, PPMD, Armada, Mang0, and Hungrybox to be "the five Gods" however one player has come along that has been changing people's minds: TSM | Leffen. Many have also characterized Leffen as "the villain of Smash". How did he gain this notoriety? Why is he being considered to be in the top 6 Melee players? This video made by PZJedits shows some of the highlights that brought Leffen to where he is today.

SmashCapps hopes people found the video interesting! To keep up with Leffen follow him on Twitter. Follow SmashCapps on Twitter as well to keep up on all things Smash.
Leffen has always been a fav of mine... He considers himself 'evil' but I say he's evil with a good cause... Such as he wants everybody to get better, otherwise smash would be boring... He'd start fights so they would practice to get better, so him being a god is no question, he's the god of forced improvement. I agree while heartedly that leffen is a god... He was the first to beat the original 5 and he wants to help the game get even better

Thumbtack28

Smash Rookie
There is a lot of talk on what constitutes as a "God of Melee". Many consider Mew2King, PPMD, Armada, Mang0, and Hungrybox to be "the five Gods" however one player has come along that has been changing people's minds: TSM | Leffen. Many have also characterized Leffen as "the villain of Smash". How did he gain this notoriety? Why is he being considered to be in the top 6 Melee players? This video made by PZJedits shows some of the highlights that brought Leffen to where he is today.

SmashCapps hopes people found the video interesting! To keep up with Leffen follow him on Twitter. Follow SmashCapps on Twitter as well to keep up on all things Smash.
Why is it that people hate him... All the other gods respect him, and who are we to talk if the gods say he's a god (m2k specifically) why do we hate him?

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I do respect Leffen and the fact that he's gotten so much better over the past couple years or so. He's definitely gotten to be a nicer person too, however, I still have a problem with him in the physical tournament setting. Sure, he's trying to get the rest of the community to try harder and train harder, but he also has the tendency to make lower level players feel bad by laughing when they lose and overall, he's still got a ways to go socially to be accepted in my book. He's good, really good, but he's still a mean guy in person.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
List of things to do if I Git Gud @ Smash:

- Get *******, Brazzers, or Paheal to sponsor me.
- 1-Up Leffen at this whole villain thing by dressing up as a crazy super villain, always acting like a wacky cartoon villain, and having "Dr." in my stage name (or whatever the hip kids call the fake names players use).
I hope u end up maining ganondorf and dress accordingly. :p

Ifrit_Smash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skyloftknight123
3DS FC
1375-7213-2200
I fully support Leffen's motives. I think a "villain" is just what Melee needs right now. (and the Gods know it too)

L1GHT

Adventures start At Dawn
I'm not sure of the latter half of what you're saying. By calling them gods we still imply that they are such because others cannot reach their level.
what i mean is that they were once gods and now leffen proved that anyone can make a name for himself in the melee meta.

Ven158

Smash Rookie
in the words of noel brown, "It's alright... to be the bad guy" and then he goes on to make that point for about 5 minutes.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
So is this girl only known for being a good female smash player or?

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
LOL why does it even matter that much, dont you get bored of seeing the same people win, someone had to do it, and leffen was who was there to do it xD
Well after he disrespected Chillin so bad, I kinda wanted Mang0 to teach him a lesson... Oh well. :)

NerfHerder19

Smash Rookie
i can never respect him due to his lack of sports man ship even though he's insanely good

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice
That settles it. Let's go demand that Leffen cosplays as Gary Oak during the next tourney on his twitter. Also: be sure he has a fully fleshed-out scripted role of villainy to perform even while no one else is aware of this. lawls all around.

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
Hahahaha, classic Internet scrub: throws a bit of trash talk but backs off when he is attacked, and no we are not "friends". Instead of telling me what to do I strongly suggest you to stop posting for a while because 90% of your posts show how dumb and ignorant you are (:
Look at yourself. So much denial and anger. Making up stuff in your head to justify your delusions.

Don't you see? I've won.

Ha. Ha.. Haha.. Hahaha!

Lala33012

Smash Rookie
NNID
I haven't looked at his tweets or anything because I don't have a twitter, but I've watched almost every single match on stream. Despite his "saltiness" that people say he has, he's pretty good. Also I feel like everyone says that leffen is overrated just because of the hype and besides, people say the "smash gods" are overrated too. He's kinda like an underdog.

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
I haven't looked at his tweets or anything because I don't have a twitter, but I've watched almost every single match on stream. Despite his "saltiness" that people say he has, he's pretty good. Also I feel like everyone says that leffen is overrated just because of the hype and besides, people say the "smash gods" are overrated too. He's kinda like an underdog.
I would completely agree with you, except i do have twitter but whatevs xD

SazoonTheBoon

Smash Apprentice
I actually really like leffen lmao all you guys are butt hurt LOL. He's not even that bad a guy, he just likes being blunt and honest, and not putting up a good face for the sake of looking good. I really admire that about him

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
No human is a god, though some skill is innate it is always a product of how they trained and who they trained with, and how long they trained (trained=played). But I agree that the fact that someone who pretty much made the smash community from his great play is not given accolades is definitely insulting.
Trained might = played, but skill definitely does NOT = time played. Look at somebody like Ken, who was the old King of Smash and then lost his spot at #1 (I still think he's King, though.)

As far as Leffen goes, and this is for everybody, I like him as a player, he's fun to watch... but he doesn't use Marth. I really love seeing other Marth's in action just so I can learn. Not saying I won't watch matches without Marth, though.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Sorry I think those other players except maybe ppmd also played the game close to when it came out and then played it much more than ken did from 2007-2012 (including ppmd).

Top Bottom