• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSM Leffen: The Journey of Smash's Villain

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I wish Leffen just completely embraced the villain image instead of denying it. That would make me like him that much more and I already really like him now.

Something like @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof said. That would be amazing.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Leffen is the villain we need but not the villain we deserve.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I wish Leffen just completely embraced the villain image instead of denying it. That would make me like him that much more and I already really like him now.

Something like @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof said. That would be amazing.
Nah. I'd say he needs to acknowledge the fact that he's essentially Gary Oak, and purposefully make lame and snarky remarks. I'd die if he said "Smell ya later!" after beating someone.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
The Smash Gods are written in stone. You can't "add" another god. Just call Leffen one of the top players.

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
I could get behind this guy if he makes "Smell ya later" his catchphrase or something.

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
Although people may or may not like him, everyone can agree that he's necessary for the scene. It makes the Smash scene more alive with rivalries which is one of the bigger impetus in video games.
Exactly. Some asshole tried to tell me that I was an awful human being for wanting Leffen around because he "brings down others"

lol. It's funny how people can try and defend the "victims" when the victims themselves just don't care.

Seriously, nobody has blown their brains out, or started cutting themselves because Leffen called them trash.

Leffen has done abit more good than bad for this community imo. The 5-0 he gave Chillin wouldn't be a FRACTION as memorable if Chillin hadn't put out that challenge video beforehand, and he wouldn't have done that if Leffen hadn't been the way he is.

So as long as the dude doesn't start dehumanizing people/making death threats, etc, we're all good. The community can deal with a few minor scrapes.

Omegaphoenix

Smash Apprentice
As a person, I dislike Leffen

As a competitor, I respect Leffen.

As a spectator, I love Leffen.

He's Gary Oak. It's been said, but it deserves repetition. He even looks like Gary Oak, what with that spiky hair of his. I would hate to be around the guy, but he's good at what he does, and he knows it. You gotta respect a man who knows himself like Leffen does.

The_invader99

Smash Rookie
Personally i dont like him, but i cant deny he is a great player
Also, i dont like he just uses fox, i would like more diversity

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice
Leffen is the future where melee tourneys are all scripted like professional wrestling for max drama entertainment

Ven158

Smash Rookie
Leffen needs a bunch of Cheerleaders at every major singing
"Leffen Leffen, Hes our man! If he can't do it! no one can!"

Leffen is the future where melee tourneys are all scripted like professional wrestling for max drama entertainment
You mean like what the FGC was doing with Cross Assault?

Yeah we all remember Jago Vs Mike Ross.

Last edited:

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Wow he beat 5 gods in melee, might as well call him the God Slayer

Månadens_Konsult

Smash Rookie
Being quite new to the Smash scene I'm not familiar with past indifferences and conflicts. Can anyone explain to me why people dislike Leffen? Does the hate stem from any specific incidents?

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
Leffen is one of the most overrated players in my opinion. Everyone (myself included) started to call him "The 6th God" after his great performance in Apex and Beast V but recent results have proven that he is in no way in the levels of Armada or Mang0 (he has only defeated one "God" and by far the weakest one atm and has been dominated my Armada's Fox since he picked him up). Every time he loses he tweets a lame excuse and starts to cry about E-Sports' pressure something that not even top 25 players do.

While he might indeed "generate hype", respect for your opponents and brother games (especially Smash 4) is far more important as a player and a person.
You're just a jealous noob. Go home.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
You're just a jealous noob. Go home.
Why would I be jealous of a person that has depression, gets general hate and has a bad public prescence in general? Please kid argue with actual facts instead of calling me things that I used to say when I was 10 or, alternatively, cry about Diddy's Ho-Ha like you did in your ****ty guide.

Last edited:

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
Why would I be jealous of a person that has depression, gets general hate and has a bad public prescence in general? Please kid argue with actual facts instead of calling me things that I used to say when I was 10 or, alternatively, cry about Diddy's Ho-Ha like you did in your ****ty guide.
You're the proof. You're obviously angry and upset because I exposed you. Now you're just losing control, making a fool out of yourself because you're in denial. Lol, cute. :)

Bye jealous noob! See ya next time!

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
You're the proof. You're obviously angry and upset because I exposed you. Now you're just losing control, making a fool out of yourself because you're in denial. Lol, cute. :)

Bye jealous noob! See ya next time!
And this is a prime example of:
image.jpg

See you kid, please continue to suck Leffen's **** (:

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
And this is a prime example of:
View attachment 53352

See you kid, please continue to suck Leffen's **** (:
Funny thing is I never said I even liked Leffen. Obviously you have a lot of built up anger and assuming thoughts. Maybe you should consider consulting with a therapist? Have someone to talk too? Ya know?

Being in denial and always assuming the same thing over and over again is never the way the go man. I hope you get help.

Your friend, Lysergic

P.S. - I think Leffen is a top player but not the best. Cool down man, take a chill pill. Don't let your ego get the best of you. Get out a little bit, maybe jog or take a hike. You need to take care of your health, mentally and physically.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Funny thing is I never said I even liked Leffen. Obviously you have a lot of built up anger and assuming thoughts. Maybe you should consider consulting with a therapist? Have someone to talk too? Ya know?

Being in denial and always assuming the same thing over and over again is never the way the go man. I hope you get help.

Your friend, Lysergic

P.S. - I think Leffen is a top player but not the best. Cool down man, take a chill pill. Don't let your ego get the best of you. Get out a little bit, maybe jog or take a hike. You need to take care of your health, mentally and physically.
Hahahaha, classic Internet scrub: throws a bit of trash talk but backs off when he is attacked, and no we are not "friends". Instead of telling me what to do I strongly suggest you to stop posting for a while because 90% of your posts show how dumb and ignorant you are (:

Noventia

Smash Cadet
I love how PPMD was laughing at the end of that. Especially against someone like leffen who NEVER does that.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
When people refer to themselves as "gods" that's when you know that some egos are out of control.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I love Leffen as a player, I really do.

However I feel this video misrepresents his history a bit, and I disagree with Leffen's opinion on why he became "the villain". Here's the original post by Armada where he announced why Leffen was banned, please go read it:

http://smashboards.com/threads/leffen-is-banned.333990/

". Leffen treats new players poorly, demoralizing them. He tells new players straight to their face that they are terrible, he plays silly characters (low tiers) vs them while screaming how horrible he is with that character to make an idiot out of them, etc. Many people have said that they would've quit after their experience with Leffen if it wasn't for the other people saving their experience, and intentionally motivating them to stay and keep playing.

2. Leffen has spread lies about people, claiming they are known for lying and stealing when this in fact nonsense. He has implied that people who do not take illegal drugs do as such to destroy their image.

3. He has constantly made fun of peoples diseases and disabilities, with no regard or sympathy for the people unfortunate enough to born with a condition, and using this to make them look like bad and/or incompetent people.

4. He has spread personal information about people and exaggerating these facts to make them look bad. He has also threatened to spread personal information whenever people go against him.
Many people have been afraid of speaking up against Leffens behavior because they do not want to be subject to this.

5. Leffen has always displayed extremely poor sportsmanship. He complains loudly when/as he's losing, makes excuses, is extremely mean to his teammates when they make mistakes.

6. Leffen constantly talks about other people in a negative light, causing unnecessary drama. Many old school smashers think that the scene has become more about drama since Leffen joined. This obviously hurts the scene and many new players quit shortly after introducing themselves.

7. He has bullied people in real life in both subtle and not-so-subtle ways. He freezes people out of conversations through ignoring them, standing in the way, talking over them and putting words in their mouth, and so forth.
He will comment on every single mistake a certain person would do, loudly making fun of them in a mean manner. He has also made fun of this persons hearing disabilities.
He has intentionally disturbed this person in tournament, sitting right next to him and making noises in his ear, in a match with no crowd or hype.

8. He has excluded people from smashfests and trips through manipulation and misrepresentation of other people."

Tl:dr, he treated people really badly in the Swedish Smash scene which led him to get banned, as he (single-handedly) threatened the growth of the whole scene by his behavior.

Needles to say, he does not behave like this anymore. I just want people to remember where the "villain" title comes from.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
There will always be five Gods. Leffen is the first of a new breed, godslayers or whatever you want to call them.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
This "God" title is really silly and stupid. I've never seen them as a God but good players that don't get nervous when fighting foes and practicing like their life depended on it. Wonder who came up with this silly title towards these players. It's one thing to joke about something like "that set up was godly" as I've read towards others writing that type of stuff, and it's another to actually believe in this silliness and take it seriously. Settle down. Thanks.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
They are gods of the game in the sense that they are incredibly good at the game. There is nothing silly or offensive about it.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
If anyone is left who thinks Leffen isn't a god, they haven't watched a set since apex 2014

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice
What a pyscho. You're obviously playing with fire here and you're gonna get burned thinking he's "completely different" now. Good luck, schmucks.

Top Bottom