• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSA Presents: SMASHACRE -Gluttony- Melee/Brawl/64! - August 10th, 2013 - Scotch Plains, NJ

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
Hey Brendan. As long as you aren't trying to play those games during the tournament, and you allow your set up to be used for the running of the smash 64 tournament itself first and foremost; after the bracket is completed I'm sure people would be down for some friendlies in those games. Don't be surprised or disappointed when everyone wants to only play smash 64 though, that is after all, what they came for.
Gotcha. Kinda what I figured.

T.B. Player

Smash Rookie
NNID
T.B.Player23
3DS FC
0001-4141-2460
I just pre-registered for the tournament. I know that registration starts at 10 a.m., but I'm wondering how long the registration process will take. I thought I saw somewhere that the tournament officially started at noon. I guess my question is, "do we have to arrive within a particular time range?" The most logical answer is probably the sooner the better, but since I'm coming from Newark on a train I thought it would be nice if I could possibly be given specific time.

RekRP

Smash Cadet
I just pre-registered for the tournament. I know that registration starts at 10 a.m., but I'm wondering how long the registration process will take. I thought I saw somewhere that the tournament officially started at noon. I guess my question is, "do we have to arrive within a particular time range?" The most logical answer is probably the sooner the better, but since I'm coming from Newark on a train I thought it would be nice if I could possibly be given specific time.

i dont know which events you are entering in but here is something from their facebook.
Doubles are looking to have a tentative start time at around 1pm. Singles are looking to be between 4-5pm, it'll probably start soon after Doubles are over.
This may be only for brawl, or they are having all the events going at the same time.
https://www.facebook.com/events/480482142031609/
This is the facebook event if you need it.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Integrated the brawl rules into the opening post. It is confirmed that this will be the APEX 2013 ruleset for brawl, not 2014 ruleset! If you have any questions, let me know!

GU$

Smash Rookie
Stoked for tomorow I will be bringing a full melee set up fyi

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Strongly considering going. If I bring two setups do I get free venue?

btw Roller, the LGL is 35 for everyone this time. Just in case. =P
Unfortunately, we would limit the discount to one setup per person, and it wouldn't count for the 2nd setup.

But there are certainly ways around that *cough.* >_>

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Preliminary shoutouts

WoZ: was a blast, great event with good space, nice to see you again
Strife: nice to see you again was fun to talk as usual

m2k: will wait to post...potentially a lot if it is a response to others.

smash 64 community, was fun as always. will finish later.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Mew2king broke the tournament. IRL timeout.

At least one game needs to get the shaft next time. Or two. This tourney was sick when it was melee only, this time it was too cramped and not enough set ups.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Mew2king broke the tournament. IRL timeout.

At least one game needs to get the shaft next time. Or two. This tourney was sick when it was melee only, this time it was too cramped and not enough set ups.
m2k took between 15-20 minutes for 3 sets in a row, what do you think was going to happen (and no, I am not talking about brawl in terms of these sets.) The fact that LF had to be made 4 stocks with an 8 minute timer (who uses a f***ing timer in this game) KIND OF shows this.

Outside of him, 64 was going splendid, we had all of the matches being finished at a proper pace.

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
when i had to leave i was at least looking forward to watching all the good melee players that showed up on stream. yeah......oh well. not gonna fire any shots though, this stuff happens.

Top Bottom