• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSA Presents: SMASHACRE FROSTBITE Melee/Brawl/64/PM - Dec 7th- 8th, 2013 - Scotch Plains, New Jersey

Sensei

Smash Lord

Please click here to preregister!
Note: All information posted may be subject to change at ANY time.

Facebook group event: click here.

Hosted by The Smash Affiliates

Date:
December 7th-8th, 2013 (Melee/Brawl/64/PM)
Time: 10 AM - Closing
Registration starts at 10 AM

2400 North Avenue,
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
Venue Fee: $10 per day ($15 two day discount if you preregister online!)

Please note: We need your help! If you bring setups, you will be discounted from the venue fee.

Bringing a TV: $2 discount
Bringing a Wii/Gamecube/64: $1 discount
Bringing a Melee/Brawl Disc/64/PM: $1

Bringing the whole setup together: $5 Discount

Public Transportation

If you're taking the bus, the 113 bus will take you to a bus stop straight to the venue. The bus stop you're looking for is North Ave at Edgewood Ave. Follow North Ave and cross Crossway Pl, past the American Legion, and you'll arrive at the venue. Please check the weekend bus schedules for more information - the bus stop for the venue is between North Ave at Elm St in Westfield and South Ave at Martine Ave in Fanwood.

If you're taking the train, you want to take the Raritan Valley Line to Westfield. You'll be right on North Ave, and the venue will be a mile or so down the street. Facing away from the train station, you want to travel to the left on North Ave. You can either walk, take the bus 113 (and it'll be 3 stops away) or you can call me and I can see if it can be arranged for you to be picked up.

Events:

All Singles: $10
All Doubles: $10 ($5 per person)

Prizes: (For all events)

Singles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Doubles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Click the following for rulesets:

MELEE RULES

BRAWL RULES (COMING SOON)

64 RULES

PROJECT M RULES (COMING SOON)

A Message from Warrior of Zarona:

Welcome to the fourth tournament SMASHACRE series, dubbed this time as -FROSTBITE-! It'll be winter time, and this time, we're looking to do an AMAZING two day event that will include all four smash games! That's right - this event will have melee, brawl, 64, and Project M!

We have a preregistration to let us know in advanced who's coming, and by preregistering, you will get your own customized nametag with your favorite character from Melee, Brawl, or 64! If you plan on 100% coming, I highly suggest doing so on GET TICKETS above!

Even if you don't preregister, you'll still be allowed a choice of character nametags at the venue itself, but it won't be custom made for you.

Because this is a free preregistration, you won't need to pay until you are at the venue on December 7th or 8th. When you get there, please have a form of ID ready with your real name and money ready, for the smoothest transaction we can make.

Please keep in mind that since you are not paying ahead of time, we are paying for these nametags out of pocket. If you are not sure that you are no longer attending the event, please let us know by Wednesday prior to the event weekend so that we know not to make these for you. Be forewarned that if you preregister, and you do not show up at the event, you will no longer be allowed to preregister in the future.

The tournament will also be streamed by ChiboSempai from Clashtournaments! Even if you can't make the event, please support their channels and the tournament by tuning into their streams!

There will be a $10 venue fee per day for everyone who comes in, even for those who only plan to spectate the event. Though this is somewhat of an inconvenience to those who wish to only play friendlies or watch the matches, we do want to keep in mind the amount of space being taken up from those who aren't competing. Please let us know at the door whether or not you are competing in the tournament - if you cannot pay the fee, we unfortunately cannot let you enter the venue. We will NOT accept any excuses - You've been cautioned ahead of time, so please keep this in mind. If someone you know is coming who hasn't checked this thread, please let them know about the fee. You can always change your mind and choose to compete later on as long as you let us know before the event starts - pay the rest of the fee to be entered into the registration.

*PLUS IF YOU REGISTER ONLINE FOR BOTH DAYS, YOU WILL RECEIVE A DISCOUNT OF $15 TOTAL FOR BOTH DAYS, INSTEAD OF $10 EACH DAY! DON'T MISS OUT!*

If you can bring setups, you will be discounted from the venue fee accordingly to the list up top. Bringing a full setup that we'll be using will give you a $5! Setups will be used as needed, and not everyone with setups will get a discount if we do not use it, so in order to get the discount, please come as early as you can.

The most important thing that I can ask of everyone is to enjoy themselves. Please support our revived SMASHACRE series, and we'll see you guys there!

- WoZ

PS - THE SMASH AFFILIATES CREW CHALLENGE COMING SOON!!!! Stay tuned for more details!!
TSA is at it again !! Be sure to make it out our next AMAZING 2-DAY event where we will provide you with the most AWESOME Smash experience in the days to come !!! We will be accommodating everyone to make this the BEST SMASHACRE yet !! Preregister to get all the added benefits and so we can plan ahead to make this the smoothest, most enjoyable SSB tournament for you !! See you guys there !

Original Post

Facebook Event

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I agree. This should be moved either a week before this date, or two weeks after. Gonna be tough to get there if I have to study that much.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, this is the only weekend available for us. Hope you guys can make it. You could always pretend you are terminally ill and request another day to take your finals.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Updated OP with SSB64 ruleset !

Make sure to preregister to get all the discounts and perks for the tournament !

What will we expect at this tournament !?

Will the machine M2K come out again and surprise everyone with his infamous and Deadly KIRBY !?!?

Will our hero SENSEI be there to stop him once again, or will another mysterious hero rise from the unknown depths of Planet Zebes and defend the noble SSB people from the tyranny of the Machine who has conquered MELEE, BRAWL, and PM ??!!?

Only way to find is to be there and witness this epic event and moment that will no doubt go down in SMASH HISTORY !!!

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
pots suk

3rd should get 1/7th
2nd should get 2/7ths
1st should get 4/7ths

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna try and come to this. Can someone post or link me to the ruleset that isn't on Google Docs? Work internet filter is DUM

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
Not the best weekend for me to attend. Count me out on this one.

Sensei

Smash Lord
It is $10 if you register for one day and $15 if you register for both days so it can be worth it if you plan on playing friendlies on Saturday at the venue. There will be some SSB friendly setups on Saturday.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Who plans on going to this? Rob said himself, the Koroshiyo and others don't really plan on going. Just trying to see who would be there on Sunday.

Sensei

Smash Lord
We are making some changes to our general schedule:

Saturday:
Melee Doubles
Melee Singles (until top 16)
Brawl Singles
64 Singles

Sunday:
64 Doubles
Brawl Doubles
Project M (Both events)
Melee Top 16 Singles

We hope this helps to better accommodate our smashers. Thanks!

LLDL

Smash Hero
We are making some changes to our general schedule:

Saturday:
Melee Doubles
Melee Singles (until top 16)
Brawl Singles
64 Singles

Sunday:
64 Doubles
Brawl Doubles
Project M (Both events)
Melee Top 16 Singles

We hope this helps to better accommodate our smashers. Thanks!
lol actually now I can't go for 64 now that it's on sat. oh well

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Just confirmed with them

But I won't be in Project M as it is Sunday only, so 64 only. I hope someone is bringing an adapter

They are changing on facebook soon.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Tomorrow is the last day to pre register guys!

By pre registering, you get:
- An Awesome Customized Badge!
- Raffle tickets!
- Discount for 2 days! If you plan on staying for 2 days, you save yourself $5!

We will also refund some of your venue fee based on the setups you bring for the tournament!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
So I plan on bringing tetris attack/puzzle leage for n64, if anyone wants to play, lolok.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
If somebody can house me tonight and tomorrow, please let me know as soon as possible today. I might or might not accept your offer because my current housing plan might fall apart

NVM

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i am in nyc right now, but also need to be in nyc at around 5:00 pm, so looks like I won't make it :(

Bring the tournament here!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
M2K won vs. Sensei in some hillarious WFs, then Sensei lost to Fireblaster

The set started close but m2k got some much needed coaching from one of the older school players there

Personally lost to Weedwack and Valo....I mean Jerry. GJ to Weedwack, way to step it up last game. Loser's loss was a bit more upsetting but I won't complain as he did win a few afterwards in the tournament.

We had 13 people I think, it was way smaller than last time but a lot of fun, a bunch of new faces.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
1. M2K
2. Fireblaster
3. Sensei
4. Cobrevolution
5. Breakthrough
5. Weedwack

These are the ending results as far as I remember them. Correct me if any of the ones I have listed are wrong. Not sure about anything past myself and Weedwack.

DMoogle

A$
WOW, I would not have expected that placement.

To those that played M2K: do you feel that he's gotten better over the past few months?

Sensei

Smash Lord
GJ to M2K and Fireblaster and everybody else who placed! There were some exciting and fun matches lol. Some of my favorite matches were me vs weedwack, Cobr vs M2K, and ****ing Gerry vs fireblaster, such tight battles! Lol... Bloodpeach recorded some matches that will be uploaded on the East Coast SSB and the top 6-8 that were on stream will be on Clash Tournaments.

Apologies for not starting singles earlier as intended. I got a flat tire in the city Friday night and didn't get home until 8:30am. I intended to get a power nap before the tournament, but power nap horribly failed LOL, 2 alarms are no match for a sleep deprived hungover smasher haha.

Fortunately, or unfortunately lol, we didn't have a huge tournament so were able to breeze through the bracket until we had to wait for stream.

So my plan to go all falcon did not fully go through as I came to the realization that Luigi is the coolest character in the game and switched over to him for the fireblaster battle, as it showed it performed better than my falcon. I have decided to become a Luigi main and will become the best. It is the year of Luigi.

LLDL

Smash Hero
how many entrants were there?

and mew2king has yet to face the ace of chains in 64

Top Bottom