• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSA and CCX Present: SSB64 Blast From The Past - Aug 29th

Sensei

Smash Lord

1220 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, NJ 07470
973-709-0075

http://www.cyberconxion.com/index.html

Entry Fee:
1v1 $10
2v2 $20/team

Time: Tuesday Aug 29th, 2006
Doors Open at 11AM
Registration Begins at 3 PM
Tournament Starts at 4 PM

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•5 stock, 8 min Time limit
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF
•Team attack is On and Life stealing is allowed

•Stages/Characters:
••Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
••If a player plays Ness, he may demand a repick if Saffron City is selected as a random stage, however if the opponent is the loser he has the right it counter-pick Saffron City.
••All other stages banned
••First round stage is random
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
--- Yeah, that's right. You need to find an N64 controller for this. Don't worry. You can get Nintendo ones used or pick up a BRAND NEW third party controller for $10 at GameStop.
--There should be a GameStop or EB Next to CyberConXion, so you can buy N64 controllers there.

*both sets of rules are subject to change, but only prior to the event day.

The tourney starts at 4:00 PM, and is only $10.00 to enter! The prize pool will most likely be 50% of all the entry fees! Doors open at 11 am but I won't be there until around 3 PM to set things up. It is advised that you come in around this time to register so as to set up the brackets so we can get things done smoothly and quickly as possible.

1st - 90% of the pool
2nd - 10% of the pool

Note: If more than 16 people attend for singles the pot will be split 70/20/10.

Attention: There will be crew battles after the tournament. Form a crew and a battle it out to show off your regional spirit and skillz! This will be a tournament you will not want to miss!

Sensei

Smash Lord
Its not about the money inui, its about smash. When will people learn, and just have fun with the game, jeez. BTW, there might be some other prizes 2nd and 3rd place may receive from CyberConXion so there is something to look foward too. Hope to see the Barnyard Buddies, Moo. I am most excited about the crew battles, this shiz is gonna be tight.

DarK LinK -X-

Smash Apprentice
Sick, I'll bring my crew here. Anyone with smash 64 skill bring your game here cause this is the best comeptition you'll see anywhere in the EC

Sensei

Smash Lord
BTW, everybody try to bring a setup (N64 with Smash) and possibly a TV, just to get things done on time. Don't forget to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS!

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
sensei u got a good controller i can borrow? mine is trash. I'll bring 64 setup with the game (make sure if u bring it u have all the characters / level / item switch lol). ummm its good that its 10 dollars now so i can afford it but prizes seems weird, il talk to you later about that though.

Sensei

Smash Lord
I might let you borrow a controller, but I have to observe how you play first (by looking at your hands). If you are rough, then no, if you are gentle, then maybe. I am really cautious about letting people borrow my controllers because somebody ****ed it up at FC6 and now it plays like it has had 10 years of gameplay on it when I had just replaced the joystick. We'll see DO, but since you're a jigglypuff player I think you are the gentle type, lol. BTW, I'm going to try to train every TSA member in SSB64 before this tourney so they do decent in it if they decide to participate. Best training IMO, is to buy a 64 controller, a USB adapter, and download the ROM and Emulator and play online. That is how I got good really fast.

ChuDat

Smash Master
hmmmm... SSB64 tourney hosted by goooooooood ole sensei ? YAYUHHHZZZZ

Too far for me though, and i dont even play the game. good luck though man. Hope to see u at my bi-weekliez when i get back from California =).

PS. You + Cactuar + Jerry ( iz that his name ? I forget, becuz i used to call him Will ) have to come down, even just to chill. But we'll c soon man, laterz.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
dammit sensei! i head back to school august 23! wish i could go. i'm sure gerry's down. maybe even mehran.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
ChuDat said:
hmmmm... SSB64 tourney hosted by goooooooood ole sensei ? YAYUHHHZZZZ

Too far for me though, and i dont even play the game. good luck though man. Hope to see u at my bi-weekliez when i get back from California =).

PS. You + Cactuar + Jerry ( iz that his name ? I forget, becuz i used to call him Will ) have to come down, even just to chill. But we'll c soon man, laterz.
What about M2K and Inui from that carpool, too, Chu? ='(

I'd go to this tourny if I didn't suck at SSB64. =/

Franton

Smash Rookie
I Won't be able to enter , even though i know how to control Fox.
i do not Live in NY >:(

Sensei

Smash Lord
m3gav01t said:
dammit sensei! i head back to school august 23! wish i could go. i'm sure gerry's down. maybe even mehran.
Oh no :urg: , I wish I could change the date, but I can't now. Sorry Joe, I'll try to host the next tourney when you are available. Lemme which days you are free, aight? If gerry and mehran don't come down, then NJ will take a huge hit in the crew battles *sigh*

Moocow007

Smash Ace
Moocow + sensei are all NJ needs!

actually that's probably wrong...they're probably lots better than me >____>

Sensei

Smash Lord
I don't even have to teach you WoZ, just being in my presence is enough, lol. jk, I suck at this game, big time. This tourney is coming up soon. I am going to try and bring a vcr, and maybe somebody else can brin a vcr too and help me upload these videos. I don't have a capture card or anything. Do? Mabe you can help a brotha out. Sen out

SPIKY502

Smash Journeyman
i could join is it by macomb and is it totaly safe ill form a crew someome join my crew
n64-killers
is there a age you got to be to join whats the limit
i dont ****in no

Sensei

Smash Lord
there is no age limit, unless you are 3 years or younger, lol. I don't understand what you mean by macomb? And safe? I think its safe, if any violence occurs, then that person will be disqualified with no refund and will be asked to leave the store.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Sensei I'd love to come but I can't play 64 on a console controller-- I strictly play keyboard. Any way to get around the controller-only rule? T.T

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Can you connect a USB keyboard into a laptop, the same way you can put a usb mouse into one? Because laptop keyboards are even worse than controllers @.@

Sensei

Smash Lord
LOL, Box, My laptop sucks. I can't even run the emulator pass 10 fps. Somebody could probably bring their laptop to the tourney. There should be a way to connect a usb keyboard into a laptop, but there needs to another usb port so the other person can use his n64 adapter. IMO, train with the n64 controller right now, and use it at my tourney, lol

Sensei

Smash Lord
Haha, finally you posted, lol. Yea krazy, we gonna take teams and the crew battle. NJ FTW Son!
BTW, to allow more attendence to my tourney, if more than 16 people show up for singles, then the pot will be split 70 , 20 , 10...

If 3rd place receives less than 10 dollars, then I will change it accordingly so third place gets at least their money back. I hope this will persuade more people to come. I am pretty sure more than 16 people will show up this time. Last time we had 16 people and it was a blast.

Sen out :bandit:

Sensei

Smash Lord
Moo, I would sing the whole "old mcdonald" song with only cows in it, but I don't have a good singing voice, lol. Tourney is today! w00t! Can't wait, I'm getting ready and about to leave now. See you all there!

Sensei

Smash Lord
Great tournament guys! Had lots of fun. Unfortunatly, we weren't able to get crew battles due to lack time. I'll post the results after I get back from work.
Peace

Top Bottom