• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Truth, Dare, Double, Promise to Repeat

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Let's play a game.

Here are the rules. Select one of the five options.

Truth. Self explanatory. Pick this if you are a coward. No one is allowed to ask questions about credit card information, locations, social security numbers, and passwords of any kind. Nothing else is off limits but if you refuse to answer then you must promise to repeat. You can always lie, but why choose truth to begin with?

Dare. Dares are limited to forum dares. Make x thread, send x private message to so and so, put x picture in your avatar for x amount of time, post a picture of you doing x thing, and so on. If you refuse a dare, then you must promise to repeat.

Double dare. Now, this is where sh*t gets real. No limitations. Make x video, unfriend x on facebook, vote for x politician on Election Day. If you refuse to do a double dare you must do a dare instead. If you refuse to do that dare then you must promise to repeat.

Promise to repeat. Tell someone to say or post x to someone else (on the internet or in real life) and then tell us how it went in this topic. No PTRs that would lead to breakups, divorces (lmao), expulsions, and job losses. Nothing else is off limits. If you choose PTR you can decide whether you want to PTR something online or irl. If you do not specify which then someone else decides for you.

This last one is a bonus option for the risk takers out there: Triple Dog Dare. Triple dog dares are double dares that cannot be declined.

This game is not restricted by post order. For example, three different members can ask for truth questions in a row and a different person can give them all questions to answer, without being required to play themselves. I hope that makes sense.

GO GO GO.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't understand the point but this showed up in my alerts anyway somehow

I triple dog dare you to draw Mumkhar from Xenoblade as the Mona Lisa

Fyi, maybe make it clear that demands be reasonable? doing X on Facebook or whatever has resulted in job loss before you know.
This can be fun if it's light and stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I think the point is to kill time. People came up with some reasonable questions and challenges the last time I attempted this online and it was fun to watch, participate, and get acquainted with another and sh*t like that.

Sorry, I should have specified that a person has to pick one of the five options and then a different person has to give them a question or challenge. Aftet that, they also have the option to pick one if they want. Rinse repeat. I hope that makes sense.

I will, however, attempt that dare and post the results.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I thought it was self-explanatory. Basically, whoever picks that option has to repeat verbatim what another poster tells them to say and where they tell them to say it.

KatKit

Smash Lord
5 posts in and nobody asked to go first... not even the creator. Welp, I volunteer as tribute. I pick truth.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
5 posts in and nobody asked to go first... not even the creator. Welp, I volunteer as tribute. I pick truth.
You have one opportunity to freeze time around you but it only lasts for twenty seconds. What would you do?

KatKit

Smash Lord
Hmmm... I can imagine someone doing something hella nefarious with such an ability. I would try to use it to prevent a fatal accident.

I'll take a dare now.

Top Bottom