• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

True kill confirm?

joltekz

Smash Cadet
NNID
joltekz
dair to up b at 41-46%

if you guys already knew about this, feel free to tell me so i can delete the post.

Kinda new to smash in general so if this isn't true or true only if they don't tech, please let me know aswell
it tested with some friends from my local scene and regardless of di or airdodge it seems to work.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I actually got one of these today on a Ganondorf whose shield broke.

He died to it at 35% :secretkpop:

It can be teched though. The reason it kills earlier than the normal Elevator is because they get popped up from the Dair, which causes the first hit to send them into the sweetspot when it normally wouldn't. I wanna say that this is probably one of, if not the strongest punish Zelda has.

I believe the combo %s for every character are right when the Dair starts sending them into tumble. @evmaxy54 has a chart somewhere with that info.

Last edited:

joltekz

Smash Cadet
NNID
joltekz
oh alright, the tech window is pretty small though right?

also did this work pre-patch?

edit: I have a replay where I do it twice, I'll upload it later

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
oh alright, the tech window is pretty small though right?

also did this work pre-patch?

edit: I have a replay where I do it twice, I'll upload it later
I think the tech window for grounded meteors is pretty much right when you get hit.

And yes, it's been a thing ever since Dair got its landing lag decreased. The %s and weights were even stricter before then.

joltekz

Smash Cadet
NNID
joltekz
Oh damn I never knew that.

yeah that's a pretty hard punish.

new zelda main here, sorry for stating something everyone already knew lmao

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
You can tech the Dair so you don't bounce in the air. But if they don't react in time, it can lead to a quick elevator.

Top Bottom