• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

True Combos

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
So, mewtwo was released today to those who registred both games today! and I gotta say that mewtwo is awesome and he has great attacks at his potentials!

I have found some true combos and thought that creating this thread will help discoveries and such!

Side B -> Fair (work on 0-999, kills at 120 from center of FD, dies at 142)
Side B -> FTilt (workls on 0-999, deals 17%)
DTilt - UpSmash (works 0-30%)

DTilt - FAir (work 0-30%)
DTilt - UAir (work on 0-40%)

requires more testing

Last edited:

EOE

Smash Apprentice
I don't think side-B combos into anything, unfortunately.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
on training it shows a true combo, however both mewtwo and the opponent can move the same time!
Mewtwos Fair is really fast so it would win trade off against diffirents FAir and Nairs
Yeah, side-B gives strange results in training mode. According to training mode, side-B combos into side-B infinitely.
Having tested it against someone mashing jump/air-dodge to get out, side-B doesn't even combo into U-tilt. =(

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Side B -> UTilt seems like a viable strategy for a potential juggle scenario.

So far, I've only gotten this to work consistently on Mario, so this combo only works on certain characters. I'm doing this on Training, mind you, so this does not take any DI into account. Will update with a list of characters.

EDIT:

- Mario
- Bowser
- Wario
- Donkey Kong
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Zero Suit Samus
- Marth
- Robin
- Falco
- Charizard
- Jigglypuff
- Dr. Mario
- Lucina
- Pac-Man
- Mewtwo

So these are the characters that can be juggled with the Side B -> UTilt combo, and this is assuming while standing perfectly still. Characters not listed will simply be swatted away from Mewtwo, and Kirby won't be hit at all by the UTilt.

It is possible to move toward the opponent after Side B for an UTilt juggle, but it's a bit harder to do, since it requires faster input than, say, Side B -> Fair, or Side B -> DSmash. Anyone willing to do more testing on this matter is more than free to do so.

Last edited:

speedguy20

Smash Cadet
NNID
speedguy20
dtilt->utilt->uair is really nice. When you use shadow ball, it pushes you back, and when you use his side B, he stalls in air for a bit making it even easier to recover. I can tell Mewtwo will be probably mid to low tier.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
U-tilt -> Up smash is a true combo that works at late percents, and it kills some characters.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Okay, upon some testing, it appears players can act out of Side B really quickly. So depending on the character, it may not be as viable as DTilt.

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
Side B works well with some platforms. If you use it under the lower platforms on Battlefield the opponent gets plopped onto the platform and can't do anything until they get up, leaving them open to pretty much anything at any percentage.

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
Yep, characters with fast aerials can attack you out of sideB if they mash. Also, they can jump out sometimes. Another thing, sideB can be DI'd and teched. All this being said, I still think it is good for finishing stocks as I've been able to land sideB > fsmash very consistently. Just don't use it as your main way to get kills, as a good opponent will catch on and react to it

Last edited:

speedguy20

Smash Cadet
NNID
speedguy20
Okay, upon some testing, it appears players can act out of Side B really quickly. So depending on the character, it may not be as viable as DTilt.
Your best bet is to never use it except to help recover. Even if it connects, players can mash out of the tumble state and punish you.

Last edited:

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
Your best bet is to never use it except to help recover. Even if it connects, players can mash out of the tumble state and punish you.
I think that would be a waste of a command grab that does relatively good damage. Before you write it off because there aren't guaranteed combos, we should consider:
1. Which characters have a move fast and reaching enough to get a guaranteed punish?
2. Does it always give the opponent back their double jump?
3. What are the offstage/air applications?
4. Can it set up any traps/chases by forcing the opponent to jump?

If the opponents second jump isn't very good, you might be able to predict their jump and catch them with an Usmash or something? Just an idea. :3

speedguy20

Smash Cadet
NNID
speedguy20
I think that would be a waste of a command grab that does relatively good damage. Before you write it off because there aren't guaranteed combos, we should consider:
1. Which characters have a move fast and reaching enough to get a guaranteed punish?

If the opponents second jump isn't very good, you might be able to predict their jump and catch them with an Usmash or something? Just an idea. :3
Basically everyone can mash nair/fair/uair right out of it except for maybe Heavy characters, but even then there are so many better options you have than to risk a side B. I really like how the move looks and all, but it's never going to come in handy :/

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
Basically everyone can mash nair/fair/uair right out of it except for maybe Heavy characters, but even then there are so many better options you have than to risk a side B. I really like how the move looks and all, but it's never going to come in handy :/
Well, except for being a reflector of course...

D

Deleted member 269706

D-throw > Fsmash works nicely with no/poor DI @ low percents
Also, not sure if this is guaranteed or not, but Side B > Shadow ball seems like it can produce some promising results. Requires more testing.

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
True. I shall get revenge on all those Lloyd rocket spammers :yeahboi:
I've already played a round against a rocket spammer, and I will tell you that reflecting those are as satisfying as you think they are (maybe more so). :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

I just found that a very up-close Utilt goes almost perfectly into a Usmash. It works at higher percents, but the set-up has to be pretty spot on when you get higher percents (I think your spacing needs to change a bit). Utilt can also combo into itself once when used up close at low percents. Man, his hitboxes are weird...

Last edited by a moderator:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Do any of his throws combo into anything? I just tried and they did nothing. Even when I use Dthrow, people seem to be able to act out of it too quickly

Last edited:

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
Do any of his throws combo into anything? I just tried and they did nothing. Even when I use Dthrow, people seem to be able to act out of it too quickly
Not really. Dthrow has a lot of end lag on it so the opponent can act before you can get a follow up. You can still get follow ups from it sometimes depending on DI and how the opponent acts (air dodge, double jump, attack, do nothing). I normally use fthrow and back throw for most of the stock, then at around 80% i'll mix in a dthrow. Since opponents are not worried about jumping away or air dodging because fthrow and bthrow don't lead to follow ups, a lot of opponents won't react out of dthrow and you can get a free upsmash. Also sometimes works if they air dodge because upsmash lasts forever.

Not a true combo, but its something at least

Captain Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nacholovr
3DS FC
1848-1848-8415
Also not a combo at all, but the time it takes for fthrow ending lag to finish is enough to grab an opponent again as soon as you catch up to them. Very easy to avoid, but it may be worth mentioning.

speedguy20

Smash Cadet
NNID
speedguy20

Also any character with a sex kick can interupt it (Mario, Luigi, Fox, Sheik, Link etc.)

ls95

Smash Rookie
NNID
Henn64
Found this an hour ago
d-tilt>f-air>fastfall>d-tilt>f-air>midair jump>f-air Sends them from 0% to 49%
Only tried the first row on 3DS though, but best on Ganondorf (when I first found it) and haven't tried DI

Last edited:

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Full hop Nair can link into a Fair or Bair at low-mid percents after the final hit, but it requires very good precision on where the opponent is going to be.

Sadly, you have to burn a double jump to use this though. Nair -> DJ -> Fair/Bair.

You can somewhat control this by swaying backwards to try to make your opponent go in front of you (Fair them), or by swaying forwards to try to make your opponent go behind you (Bair them).

Damage varies, but Nair -> Fair does 25% and 10 hits. And Nair -> Bair does 23% and 10 hits.

You can also do Nair -> Side B for some silly but probably highly impractical mixups. I was able to pull off Nair -> Side B -> Double Jump -> Fair for 34% damage but I have no idea if Nair -> Side B or aerial Side B -> Fair is a true combo or not.

Either way, it looked cool as hell though.

Nair has almost no starting lag nor ending lag at all (though it does have landing lag). So I can see it being potentially quite useful for people that master it.

Also did I mention you can combo into it off of a Dtilt or Utilt? Extra 4-6% right there too. Fun stuff.

EDIT: Uair works after Nair too but I don't think it is as useful as Fair/Bair and maybe Side B.

That's all I can find for now that caught my interest.

Last edited:

Solid Barrel

Smash Rookie
So is the 1st hit of jab to down B a legitimate option? Don't have any real people to test it on at the moment but the AI keeps falling for it.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
So is the 1st hit of jab to down B a legitimate option? Don't have any real people to test it on at the moment but the AI keeps falling for it.
Definitely not 100% but it can potentially be used to catch someone off-guard. I will try to test it more tomorrow since I tried to do that earlier today as well.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
I don't think side-B combos into anything, unfortunately.
It really isn't a combo starter. However, d-smash or f-smash (preferably d-smash) can be followed up after using side-b. It's a great little technique for racking up some heavy damage and killing at high percentages. Plus, it catches your opponent by surprise, and sometimes gives little to no time for them to react. This little method has really helped me out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom