• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

True All-Star mode includes dlc characters?

HornBill

Smash Rookie
I just completed All-Star mode on hard difficulty and I have all characters unlocked except Lucas and Roy whom I didn't buy. However, the challenge "Clear the true All-Star mode on hard difficulty" did NOT get completed.

I've read on multiple websites that dlc characters shouldn't affect challenges that required you to beat true All-Star mode. I even tried deleting the dlc content I did buy (Mewtwo and Ryu) and beating All-Star again but the challenge is still uncompleted.

So, what's going on? Does true All-Star mode require you to have all dlc characters as well? (Contrary to what's been said)
Maybe this was implemented with 1.0.8?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Did you beat All-Star with all characters exactly on the hard difficulty? I would check every character to make sure.

Last edited:

HornBill

Smash Rookie
Just to be clear, I meant the challenge where you have to beat all-star on hard for the first time, with one character only (I just got the game :p)

Anyway, apparently the problem was that I beat it with Mii Brawler, once I beat it with Game and Watch I got the challenge.

I had no idea I couldn't use a Mii character to complete the challenge O.o. Anyone knows if this applies to other challenges as well?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When the challenge says "Clear the true All-Star mode on hard difficulty.", this means that you have to have every fighter unlocked before you can do that very challenge. This does NOT include the DLC characters.

As for "Clear All-Star on hard difficulty with all the characters.", you're not required to have everyone unlocked to complete that challenge, but at least one fighter has to do the true All-Star mode. Basically, that challenge, along with "Clear All-Star on hard difficulty with 8 or more characters.", become harder to complete if you've unlocked everyone before completing those very challenges.

HornBill

Smash Rookie
When the challenge says "Clear the true All-Star mode on hard difficulty.", this means that you have to have every fighter unlocked before you can do that very challenge. This does NOT include the DLC characters.

As for "Clear All-Star on hard difficulty with all the characters.", you're not required to have everyone unlocked to complete that challenge, but at least one fighter has to do the true All-Star mode. Basically, that challenge, along with "Clear All-Star on hard difficulty with 8 or more characters.", become harder to complete if you've unlocked everyone before completing those very challenges.
Yes, I know all that.

I had all characters unlocked (except Roy and Lucas like I mentioned, but they're dlc as you probably know) and I beat all-star on hard with a mii brawler, but that didn't grant me the challenge "Clear the true All-Star mode on hard difficulty". Once I beat it with Game and Watch I got the challenge.

Thus, I concluded that mii characters cannot be used to complete this particular challenge, for some reason.

It seems we're having some communication problems, hope that clears it up. Maybe my English isn't as good as I thought, sorry if I didn't make myself understood. Thanks anyway for your help.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Just so you know, the Miis are not applicable for clearing several of the challenges. Regular characters are required for almost all of them except ones that excplicity ask for Miis.

whitekirby9

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-2712-4478
when you add dlc to your character selection, it puts them in modes!

Top Bottom