• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with small characters

Dunharrow

Smash Cadet
I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out a good strategy to use against small characters. Pichu. Jigglypuff are two that are giving me particular trouble.

Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
I don't play Bowser, but I generally will try and use attacks that reach low, or high (depending on the situation.) But as Bowser, I would use f-air, d-tilt, and maybe even up tilt (to catch jump out of shield.) But then again, I obviously main Link, and not Bowser. Also, use neutral b to ledge trap or to get gimps or reads, but you could alternatively use f smash. Hope this helped.

ALiBi212

Smash Cadet
NNID
ALiBi212
Small characters are very annoying against Bowser. I’ve had good luck using neutral-B/fire breath against them to rack up damage. Their strategy relies on short hopping into combo strings, but if you can catch them with fire breath you are guaranteed some safe damage output.

Hopefully you can read their short hop and catch them in the core of the fire breath, in which case they’ll be eating 25-35% damage, a devastating amount to have against Bowser. Hit a small character with fire breath twice and now they’re in big trouble against such a heavy hitter. The good news is, even if they retreat their short hop they will still get hit with the tail end of fire breath and rack up 5-7%.

TL:DR - Use fire breath regularly to prevent them from being over-aggressive and rack up damage at the same time.

Top Bottom