• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with Mario's grab game

Fule

Smash Rookie
Unlike in sm4sh, Mario's D-Throw in SSBU launches you forward, making it impossible to follow up with a U-Tilt. This means that I can't cheese my way to combos this time.
Does anyone have any good Mario combos out of throws to suggest?

*(Except U-Throw to D-Air becuz I know it works)*

Last edited:

Dunharrow

Smash Cadet
I havent personally gotten it to work consistently but Ive seen a nice combo of up air to Nair fast fall into another upair to nair, chasing your opponent in mid air. I know that up throw into down air is a nice combo at low percents and when up throw stops working down throw starts working. Mario has some nice coverage over the different percents you might find.

Im no Mario expert so im sorry I cant give more specifics but I hope I helped a bit.

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
I think D-throw into short hop u-air is true at around 50%? You can follow into another jump u-air into up B.

I also think that short hop u-air, fast fall up tilt, short hop up air into mid jump up air into up B is also true against heavy character at around the same percentage...or maybe lower.

I think that fast fall into nair is a pretty great combo starter depending on which part of the attack connect with the opponent. Haven't gotten to test that a lot though.

Not a very good player though so maybe don't take that for granted =')

Fule

Smash Rookie
Thanks guys. You helped me quite a lot. Also I searched further and found out that D-throw to istand Back air is the way to go.

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
Since smash 4 I've been using d throw to upb at low percents guaranteed 18-20% you can also go with d throw down tilt to f smash I don't use the uthrow to dair like I've been seeing most people talk about doesn't once you have them around 50% you can go for d throw uair combos

HeraSwellow

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8400-4658-5024
down throw jab works on some characters at early percents. i know it works on heavys up until like 20 percent

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Correction to the OP: dthrow's unchanged from 4 in all of damage, angle, and knockback. Dthrow>utilt doesn't work because utilt has less frontal range, but other followups should be unchanged from 4.

Top Bottom