• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with Aether

Aki

Smash Cadet
NNID
Im_Aki
3DS FC
1306-5844-3434
Hello Ike mains. Ike's Aether gives me headaches, I often get spiked by it at the ledge and I don't know why. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has trouble with this move, so can you help me out?
Just holding towards the stage doesn't seem to do much.

Last edited:

Prepare_Yourself

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-6422-0231
Stay out of its way. It spikes if you get trapped in the trapping hits and Ike grabs the ledge. Since Ike has super armor during this move, try to either windbox him somehow, throw out a super armor move, or counter, but don't chase Ike down below the edge, especially not with Dedede.

Aki

Smash Cadet
NNID
Im_Aki
3DS FC
1306-5844-3434
So there is nothing you can do about it when he catches you? I was thinking that I was doing something wrong.
And I know that there are some frames at the apex of Aether, when he catches the sword, where he is vulnerable and some at the very beginning. At least I think so, because I've spiked Ikes at both of these.
Still, thanks for the advice. I will stop trying to catch Ike in that position, but if it's further away from the stage it shouldn't be a problem unless he is trying to suicide.

Top Bottom