• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble regarding writing and GC back up loader

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
I've read the stickies, googled it, looked on youtube, etc. Still have trouble.

I get a green screen and my wii resets with GC loader 0.2. I've heard this is a bad disc or a bad burn.

I'm using DVD+R discs (not DVD-R) 1x-16x write speed, I've burned 2 so far at 16x (stickies said higher than 2x works >_>) and one at 4x (youtube says always use the lowest speed 1x-3x).

This is the next problem...

W 22:25:47 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 3,324 KB/s (2.4x), Got: 2,770 KB/s (2x)
W 22:25:47 The drive only supports writing these discs at 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x.

I'm writing the 3rd disc at 2.4x speed yet I'm getting an error.

I verify the discs after burning them, I've successfully installed the required materials (to my knowledge idfk, haven't gotten past a green screen and I don't get an option to press a button or choose how to run the game, just a reset wii), and I have no idea whats screwing up. I'm on disc 3 of 5 and not excited about spending more money because I can't erase them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

update: disc 3 at 2.4x write speed doesn't work either. Great.

edit2: Any ideas? The only things that come to mind are I screwed up and bought DVD+R discs, not DVD-R. Or the ISO didn't download correctly...but it was zipped up with .rar so I'm not sure how possible that is. It was sleepyK's ISO so it wasn't just a bad one from the depths of the internet.

edit3: bought some DVD-R discs today. Write speed matches, everything fine until I manually close my disc tray (burning from a laptop) and I get this message

W 17:25:24 Failed to Read Sector 105584 - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error
W 17:29:28 Retrying (1)...
W 17:29:36 Retry Failed - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error
W 17:29:38 Retrying (2)...
W 17:29:46 Retry Failed - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error
E 17:34:05 Failed to Read Sector 105584 - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error
E 17:34:05 Failed to Verify Sectors!
I 17:34:08 Exporting Graph Data...
I 17:34:08 Graph Data File: C:\Users\John Radloff\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\TSSTcorp_CD-DVDW_TS-L632D_TO03_TUESDAY-OCTOBER-25-2011_4-52_PM_RITEKF1_2x.ibg
I 17:34:08 Export Successfully Completed!
E 17:34:08 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:09:49
I 17:34:08 Average Verify Rate: 359 KB/s (0.3x) - Maximum Verify Rate: 5,117 KB/s (3.7x)

This **** infuriates me. Anyone have any idea what could possibly be going wrong?

edit4: I've gone back through everything. I've reinstalled IOS236 (the trucha bug one), downloaded neogamma. I get a recognized disc, says something about an audio stream. The n another green screen followed by a reset wii.

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
Sux for u :p

:phone:
I know... but thanks for the humor.

how old is your wii
I'm not exactly sure but it's white and system version is 4.0. I bought it about 2-3 years ago (2008 probably) and iirc originally had 3.2 then later upgraded to 4.0 and stopped upgrading after that.

I'm pretty sure the disc problem has been fixed as I had a friend burn the disc on his macbook and neogamma recognizes it and says the audio stream is set.

I think I might just not have the right MIOS and CIOS files or something. I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing (brawl hacking is much easier and less confusing...). I get green screens with both neogamma and gc backup loader adjusting the disc speed (if I remember right, maybe not exact terms) the green screen just gets delayed.

I've also installed modMii on my computer. I'm not sure how much I can talk about it here but I can't drag and drop the sysCheck file from my sd card onto it to update my wii with any softmods that are needed.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Burn speed shouldn't really matter, just set it to max.

i had problems with the gc loader until i started using verbatim dvd-r discs. it's worth checking those out.

Top Bottom