• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trig combos are much different, gordos behave much different

icecooler

Smash Cadet
In a previous post I said that gordos behaved differently and after a little testing I discovered they will always send away. With that the best way to pull them off would be to condition the opponent to shield on an up thrown gordo by using the inhale on it, when they shield run past the gordo and get the back throw into it and then follow up. The setup is a little more difficult now, but the hit off the gordo is more consistent. If done properly no matter what move is used or at what angle it will always go back to dedede.

HOWEVER the gordo will always send away regardless of the animation of the gordo. If you land a gordo in the right spot it is possible they will get knocked into the direction the gordo falls. (said this in my last post) I was playing against someone and the gordo combo'd into itself three times. The extra hit gives you more time to move in so it could be possible to combo off double hits but I have not tested it yet

with the gordo always sending away to ensure a stage spike with it you now have to jump off stage and throw the gordo down the edge. With the combination of the 100% stick I think this is a good touch because the opponent could expect a stick and then get caught off guard and get stage spiked, or if it misses it could be used to force a buffered roll off ledge.

I'll keep posting whatever new I find about the king

Last edited:
Top Bottom