• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Treating hand injuries

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been having hand issues for at least a year now. Sometimes it goes away to the point it's noticeable, but it comes back if I play too much.

Lately it's hurt so much it hurt even when I wasn't using the hand.

Anyone get these issues playing games and are there any good ways to treat it? So far ice seems to help a bit. And not playing. But with Ultimate coming in 5 short weeks, I want to speed up recovery with any method possible.

Uffe

Smash Hero
What part of the hand hurts? This video might be helpful. I would say pain relief medication, which this guy mentions if nothing else. When you use your controller, do you put your hand in the claw position? Or claw grip? I don't know what people call it, but some players have injured their hands doing this. They say it's the optimal way of playing Smash, but I'd never put myself in the position of possible hand injury.

Is It Carpal Tunnel Syndrome OR Tendonitis?

Last edited:

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
You may have a repetitive strain injury (RSI). Check with a doctor :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom