• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Traveling Europe in June!

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Hello European smashers,

My name is Jared aka runningbrave here on the forums. I am currently a senior at the University of Texas - Arlington studying history and humanities and I will be graduating in May. I am excited to inform you that I will be traveling throughout western Europe in June.

I am sharing this with you with hopes of meeting some of you on my journey. I will be traveling on a tight budget so if you or anyone you know is able to provide a couch or space on a floor for me to sleep for a night or two then it would be much appreciated. I can provide for you some assistance around your home in return. I would rather not spend every night in a hostel or at a park!

I played competitive Melee from 2004-2008 throughout the southwest of the U.S. in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado. I now play Melee and Project M casually. I am also fond of tabletop games such as Dominion, Magic the Gathering and the Pokemon Trading Card Game. My ultimate passion, however, is football (soccer as it is known in the U.S.). Besides my passion for all things games and sport I enjoy just about anything whether that be hanging out in a social scenario or a get away in nature.

Any information you can provide to make my trip most memorable is welcome.

Hit me up on here through a PM or find me on Facebook.

Thanks!

Jared T Runnels

Edit/P.S. - I do have a rail pass so I am willing to travel to a tournament! It has been far too long!

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Hey !
In which countries do you intend to go ? If you come to France, we should be able to house you / host a smashfest or something for you. We're likely to have a tournament in early june, but it's capped to 64 entrants, that is, way below the number of interested players, so I can't guarantee you'll be able to attend.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Hey, great choice! I traveled Europe a year ago, and people were really helpful and awesome, and Ministry from Canada did so recently. (still doing?) You can find my thread and his thread. My route ended up like this.

As there may not be too much activity here allways, you should ask around in the different communites, as each country usually have a seperate place they hang out. You find them here.

Please ask me and e-mail me if you are interested in seeing Norway. Good luck with the traveling, I'm sure it'll be great!

My e-mail is nlmarius@gmail.com

Ministry

Smash Ace
Yeah I will still be in Europe until october. I am in switzerland now and going to spain and portugal or france next. So it depends where you are going too. I also sugest you check out Couchsurfing.org. It has been the best thing for me. And will open up oppurtunites and save you a lot of money. You can pm me or add me on skype or something. I will try to help you if I can.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all of the help and the suggestions. I arrived in Dublin early this morning. I have found all the camping gear I need except for a tent. I am on couchsurfing.org but I have yet to take advantage of it. I am staying in a hostel for tonight. Are there any Irish smashers still active? I checked the Irish thread but the last posts seem quite dated.

Ministry

Smash Ace
Couchsurfing is more then just for a place to stay. Anyway, there are always hitchhiking options. and mitfahrgelegenheit.de for ride sharing and carpooling if you are in any of the german speaking countries. Or try carpooling.uk for UK. U can add me on skype if u want. nmcguire3

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Aha thank you. Yeah, I noticed that events are posted on CS.org and I found a gamenight gathering happening tomorrow here in Dublin. I have a rail pass so that should help with the travels. I am somewhat new to the smartphone game but I will get Skype set up soon. My Skype ID is herbrunningbrave.

Top Bottom