• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trashed my favorite...

D

Deleted member

I feel Mr. Game & Watch now fits a different playstyle. Before he was a versatile character with multiple combo tools (D-Throw, Up Tilt, N-Air), kill options (Up Smash, Up Air, B-Air), or moves to keep the opponent away (D-Tilt). Now most of his good moves have been nerfed (Up Smash, D-Throw), or removed entirely (F-Air, Up Air) making him a character focused on dealing damage with inconsistent kill options rather then the versatile character he once was.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Yes. Definitely, he functions more like pac-man now where he just tries to do a silly kill option and then super escapes from basically any tricky position with upB. I can't accept that G&W is no good when Maister just showed the world how good he is once again at Full Bloom. He likely would have taken the entire tournament if it wasn't for the SD in Winners' Finals against Marss (amazing ZSS if you didn't know). I'm convinced that this guy is currently one of the top 10 Ultimate players, and he's making these moves with the same guy most everyone here is upset with not being good enough. Lately I've been playing a lot of Yink, GW, and Inkling. According to most people, Yink and Inkling both should outshine the 2D king but everybody in my local scene hates my GW more than either of those "higher tier"/"better" fighters.

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
A lot of combos may stem from his throw or UpB (Fire). Some others to try:

UpThrow -> UpB -> Turtle Bridge
UpThrow -> UpAir -> UpB
UpThrow -> UpAir (Repeatedly)

UpB ->TurtleBridge
UpB -> FAir if in close enough proximity
UpB -> DAir (Donkey Kong Jr)

The bucket is a great ground addition and slightly dangerous in the air. When throwing the bucket out with levels still to fill while in the air it is easy to drift left and right. If you drift too quick you are in danger of falling off the stage and not cancelling the move quick enough to UpB back. A stange mechanism they put in place. One would think you would fall straight down if using the OilPanic in mid air to catch/bounce projectiles.

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
I feel Mr. Game & Watch now fits a different playstyle. Before he was a versatile character with multiple combo tools (D-Throw, Up Tilt, N-Air), kill options (Up Smash, Up Air, B-Air), or moves to keep the opponent away (D-Tilt). Now most of his good moves have been nerfed (Up Smash, D-Throw), or removed entirely (F-Air, Up Air) making him a character focused on dealing damage with inconsistent kill options rather then the versatile character he once was.
Months ago it seemed easy to close combat and finish off an opponent with DSmash then FSmash. I rarely use his UpSmash unfortunately. Over the course of the last few months gameplay with G&W seems to have evolved to peppering an opponent throughout the match (Chef, TurtleBridge, UpAir), finishing them off far off the stage with UpB or booby trapping them with FAir's. The DSmash bury -> FSmash still seems to be a guarantee when an opponent is a high %.

Top Bottom