• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Transform faster

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
is there a way zelda can transform faster? i could have sworn there was a tech that can do so...:glare:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Not that I know of, but she can use a 'Transform Jump' by extending her time in the air while she transforms so that she's safer to land on the ground then just trying to transform close to your opponent. Do this by using your jump button + down b right after you get hit or thrown. Works similar with Nayru's Love jump, except with down b instead.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Two ways to make transform faster, both of which aren't very viable.

1) Hacks
2) By having the character you want to transform into already being used by somebody else, the transformation is faster.

Super random fact... I played Sheik after weeks of not even touching her today. Got DACUS back to at least a 75% consistency and realized Zelda >>>>>>> Sheik. Screw Sheik :(

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Lol hacks.

Is this confirmed or not: transforming refreshes your moves, even when you switch back to the character you were using before?

And yeah I can't use Sheik at all, but would like to :/

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah it does refresh your moves. A simple way to test this is to spam up smash on a CPU until he's at KO percentages. Transform to Sheik and back to Zelda and up smash again and you'll notice your up smash has been refreshed.

Only time it's really viable to refresh moves is during certain transitions in PS1 imo. Sheik's not that fun anyway :(

Jrugs

Smash Ace
wait can't you transform faster on PS1 during the transformation or something like that, poltergust mentioned something about a faster transformation.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Just tested this and it didn't seem to make any difference. I could have been doing it wrong too. It seems to 'cancel' some ground moves during the stage transformation though. Or have a character become released instantly after a grab.

If anyone is successful with making transform faster during the stage change, let us know.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Played Sheik today. Did much better than with Zelda which makes me really sad. :c

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
I've been working on using Shiek to get opponents to KO range then switching to zelda for the KO. I think its pretty lame to needle camp > run away but its been getting the job done.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
In tournaments is not allowed to pause, so, no.

You can pause during the shiny animation, then after the pause you just transform (its very fast)

PT trainer has something like this on moving stages. Not sure it if applies to Zelda/Sheik at all. Easiest way to find out might be to roll onto the ledge platform on smash-ville. As it moves one direction, your on the back end and switch.

Top Bottom