• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Transferring saved replays to computer?

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
Hey all,

Is there a known way that I could get my saved replays from Smash 4 on the Wii U from online matches and put them on my computer? I'd love to make some replays I have made into gifs.. I've also got some awesome KO's saved that I really don't want to lose.

Is this a feature they will bring later or is there a way to do it now that I'm unaware of?

Also if this is in the wrong section please move it.

Leaf-Puffy

Smash Cadet
Hum... I'm not sure about that. The best way is still to record your replays but you need a recorder for this, of course :p
But to be honest, if there is another way to do it, i'm also interested in it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sadly, you can't really transfer your replay data onto a computer, so you'd need a computer that has HDMI support, and have it record the replay. Or at least, that's the theory.

Zero Suit Roxas

Smash Cadet
NNID
LeBabbo
3DS FC
0748-1742-4057
You'd really only be able to record the gameplay with an HDMI-enabled PC or using a camera to record your TV, but the quality will be really bad compared to the HDMI method. Replays only save player control input data and render the battle again live, which is why you can pause and tilt the camera during it.

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
Darn, sad to hear there is no simple way to it at the current moment, but thanks for the messages, appreciate it.

Hopefully there will be an update one day that allows you to upload your fights to youtube, the same way Mario Kart allows you to do.

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
Like everyone above said, you gotta record them yourself. The replays aren't really .mp4 files that could be moved and watched on a computer.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
Sadly, you can't really transfer your replay data onto a computer, so you'd need a computer that has HDMI support, and have it record the replay. Or at least, that's the theory.
How would you go about doing that exactly?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How would you go about doing that exactly?
Basically, you just need a computer that is compatible with HDMI cables, and you need a software program that can display stuff from either your digital cable or video game device.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
Basically, you just need a computer that is compatible with HDMI cables, and you need a software program that can display stuff from either your digital cable or video game device.
Do you know any programs like that by any chance? I could easily do that, I didn't know it was possible.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
Use Google or any other search site if you have to.
Well yeah, I was just seeing if you actually knew any names rather than shovel through all kinds of programs. Thanks though, still!

Last edited:

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I just record the replay with my Elgato. It's fast, easy, and has 0 quality loss.

TheCapped

Smash Rookie
theres a post to youtube and mii verse option maybe u cud save the youtube video but idk

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
You have to buy the capture card. In the package you should get a cd or a code to download the program.

Top Bottom