• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training

RidlR

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

For the first time in...uh...ever, I will be actually training my main. Not just playing him for fun, but actually attempting to learn frame data, better OoS options, etc.

My primary training partner is a Little Mac main, and he is NOT a FG LM. I'll post up some videos of our games when I start recording them. Hopefully I will also get to play with another local who plays Diddy Kong. If this picks up, I may begin to invite more of my crew from Broken Alliance Gaming to participate and teach. I am not a sponsored player; I am the Sponsorship Manager for BxA Gaming. But I am still a player, and I show up to most of the events to either participate, or commentate on stream.

I've been reading some of the MU thread, and tbh I'm surprised at the lack of information Bowser mains have put together.

My goal with this thread is for people to give me advice on how to change my playstyle to be better. Also, I'm hoping that by having other Bowser mains help each other with the MU tips, we all get better.

One of the local "bests" told me my playstyle is too "simple." When I put up the videos, please watch and tell me what patterns you are seeing, and how I can change them.

On occasion I may switch to other characters, like Lucina, Zelda, Mario, and Fox. Hopefully by finding out my patterns, I can begin to see improvement with these characters as well. Also, by expanding my character roster, I will have a better understanding of these characters when I go to fight them.

My stream is https://twitch.tv/bxa_ridlr. If I am streaming Smash, feel free to let me know you came from here. I always want to learn from other Bowser mains. The recordings I have will either come from the stream nights, or from offline recordings with my local partners.

Thank you in advance to everyone that helps me.

Top Bottom