• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Training Mode v3.0 [Updated 12/26/20]

ohuro

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
LGA#785
i cant use a memcard edition for v1.02 JPN.
Buffer Overflow code doesn't work in name entry.

in ver 1.01 of the TRAINING MODE, i changed a game-ID of gci to 4A from 45 at 00000003.
that worked properly.

but in v1.02 NTSC, i can use it just one time.
if i turn GC off, Buffer Overflow code doesn't work

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
i cant use a memcard edition for v1.02 JPN.
Buffer Overflow code doesn't work in name entry.

in ver 1.01, i changed a game-ID of gci to 4A from 45 at 00000003.
that worked properly.

but in v1.02 NTSC, i can use it just one time.
if i turn GC off, Buffer Overflow code doesn't work
I'll look into this, thanks for letting me know

Par

Smash Rookie
Ok so when I drag the ISO onto the batch file it just puts the ISO in the folder and idk where to go from there. Also, I use an SD card for 20XX then load it using nintendont on my wii so is there a way to load this mod in that same way? If so please tell me how I'm dying to use this

Wakening

Smash Rookie
Hey UnclePunch UnclePunch , really excited to try out this mod, but I'm getting the following error when running the batch file:

xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

The checksum of my ISO is correct, based on Fraud's post. Any idea what the issue could be?

Ah I was being dumb. Didn't realize you had to actually run the batch file with the ISO, rather than just running it with the ISO in the same directory.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
My ISO's md5 checksum is
Code:
0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174
, but dragging it onto the .bat file in Windows gives the error
Code:
xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

It produces a corrupted ISO that's about 150MB...

Edit: for further info: I just built the 20XX 4.07++ ISO with the same vanilla NTSC 1.02 Melee ISO and it worked (checksum matched up etc.)

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
My ISO's md5 checksum is
Code:
, but dragging it onto the .bat file in Windows gives the error
Code:
xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

It produces a corrupted ISO that's about 150MB...

Edit: for further info: I just built the 20XX 4.07++ ISO with the same vanilla NTSC 1.02 Melee ISO and it worked (checksum matched up etc.)
20XX doesnt require a completely vanilla iso, but this does because its a direct patch.

dilviko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6332-5588
Switch FC
2253-1198-7131
In the combo practice mode I practice up throw up airs on puff and jab up smash on peach and puff but every time I kill them it always star or screen KOs is there any way to turn it off so that it resets faster?

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
In the combo practice mode I practice up throw up airs on puff and jab up smash on peach and puff but every time I kill them it always star or screen KOs is there any way to turn it off so that it resets faster?
i think i fixed this, which version are you using?

Acryte

Smash Ace
Hey unc, I had an idea for a Training Mode stage after making a tutorial vid for pivot dtilt the other day. Pivot dtilt/utilt practice. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmzoXzHP0xc&t=1s )

Basically if you initiate a left dash and then a right dash where your inputs stay within the either the upper vertical range of 28750 to 55000 (26% of the vertical range) or the lower vertical range of -28750 to -58750 (30% of the vertical range) and then you press up/down (or basically just move outside the transition to running coordinate range) then you can get frame 1 pivot dtilts and utilts at full stick tilt (and ftilts in the shield drop notch). So it could either show what the last 2 initial dash direction coordinates were, what the final dash direction coordinate was, if it failed because you fell outside the range, if it failed because you didn't transition out of dash and started running (how many frames late you moved out of the running coordinate area), or if successful, how many frames late the pivot tilt came out (green being frame 1). I think that would actually be pretty godlike for people to start implementing pivot dtilts and pivot utilts and push the game even further. Considering pivot utilt succeeds in roughly 1/4 the upper coordinates, and pivot dtilt succeeds in roughly 1/3 the lower coordinates these should both be very possible. I know pivot dtilt is very reliable, but utilt should be too provided we can see what we're doing wrong and start honing our inputs.

Smash Journeyman
20XX doesnt require a completely vanilla iso, but this does because its a direct patch.
Yes, but my checksum
Code:
matches the one Fraud posted earlier:
Fraud said:
0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174 - NTSC Version 1.02 (.iso) <--- This is the one you want!
so it should be a vanilla 1.02 ISO?

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
Hello,

First i have to thank you for making this awesome mod, it has helped me lab and train so much better. v1.1 is absolutely perfect.

Only bug i saw is that when i try to grab the ledge on BF using the head bonk (as ness or peach, bonk your head below ledge and then angle your stick to grab ledge), it sometimes warps me above the ledge mid air. Only UCF code was on, and it happened in versus.
It's pretty insignificant but i felt like it had to be shared

thank you

GayKevin

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to get a pure copy of the vanilla Melee ISO without owning the game?

Edit: Actually, after checking my Checksum is the one I'm told I need. I rebuilt the root but when I play it on dolphin it is just vanilla melee.

Edit 2: I see that Wakening said
"Ah I was being dumb. Didn't realize you had to actually run the batch file with the ISO, rather than just running it with the ISO in the same directory. "
How do you run the batch file with the ISO rather than the same directory? Thanks for the help

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
the 1.1 public release
ok, i fixed it after i released 1.1, will be fixed in the next version. thanks for the feedback!

Is there any way to get a pure copy of the vanilla Melee ISO without owning the game?

Edit: Actually, after checking my Checksum is the one I'm told I need. I rebuilt the root but when I play it on dolphin it is just vanilla melee.

Edit 2: I see that Wakening said
"Ah I was being dumb. Didn't realize you had to actually run the batch file with the ISO, rather than just running it with the ISO in the same directory. "
How do you run the batch file with the ISO rather than the same directory? Thanks for the help
you can drag the iso onto the .bat file

Last edited:

GayKevin

Smash Rookie
Oh like drag the whole recreated root onto the .bat file? Because I already dragged the Start.dol onto the .bat file to recreate the root as described in the github readme.

What would I do after I drag the root onto the .bat file? Sorry I really know nothing about any of this stuff and I've been reading as much as I can but after 4 hours of failure I thought asking would be reasonable. Thanks a lot for the help.

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Oh like drag the whole recreated root onto the .bat file? Because I already dragged the Start.dol onto the .bat file to recreate the root as described in the github readme.

What would I do after I drag the root onto the .bat file? Sorry I really no nothing about any of this stuff and I've been reading as much as I can but after 4 hours of failure I thought asking would be reasonable. Thanks a lot for the help.
you dont need to make a root folder, just drag the .iso onto the .bat file. it makes the new iso for you

GayKevin

Smash Rookie
So you're saying just drag the vanilla melee iso onto the "Drag Melee v1.02 Start.dol Here" .bat file? If I do that I get

"xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"

But When I check my Checksum on dolphin I get

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
So you're saying just drag the vanilla melee iso onto the "Drag Melee v1.02 Start.dol Here" .bat file? If I do that I get

"xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"

But When I check my Checksum on dolphin I get

you need to find a vanilla melee iso

GayKevin

Smash Rookie
But I thought the way that one determines a vanilla melee iso was by comparing the Checksum to Fraud's given one.

I have a .gcm and a .iso that have the same checksums as his, so I'm not sure what other means of measuring pure vanilla melee I could use.

PotatoRice

Smash Rookie
I'm running this on dolphin and I can't get the frame advantage code to work. I have it turned on but it doesn't do anything in game when I aerial the CPU. The other OSD codes work fine.

edit: nvm im dum, i was trying it in L-cancel training not in shield attack training

Last edited:

Mr3k3000

Smash Rookie
This just doesn't work for me. I have a vanilla melee iso but when I drag it onto the .bat file nothing happens.

Clock

Smash Rookie
The pack works for me all I did was drag my ISO into the file, it created "Training Mode v1.1 NTSC" and that was it.

But can someone please tell me what the mem card folder is for and how I use it?

NVM it's just for the console version right?

Last edited:

SmashingPokeKirby64

Smash Rookie
followed every single step, loaded the iso on dolphin, but when i go to event mode it just redirects to the normal events
is there something i'm doing wrong?

Choii

Smash Rookie
Hi thx for the work!
I would love some help, when i drag the van melee i get a "

Done!
The file is loacted in the folder. Enjoy!
Presione una tecla para continuar . . ."
Legend but i dont really know wherer is that folder, the vanilla keeps the normal status.
thank you!

Smash Cadet
So is there no way to use this on Dolphin? It's really my only way to play at home and I'd love to use this!

Spencecilence

Smash Rookie
I seem to be having trouble installing Training Mode onto my memory card. When I go into GCMM to "restore" the Mod Launcher.gci and Training Mode v1.1.gci it appears that it installs them but when I go to load Melee up, I get a message that the memory card is corrupt and the exploit doesn't load. When I look at the memory card in the Vanilla Gamecube memory card viewer it just shows two blank white squares with jumbled text as their names. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Spencecilence

Smash Rookie
I seem to be having trouble installing Training Mode onto my memory card. When I go into GCMM to "restore" the Mod Launcher.gci and Training Mode v1.1.gci it appears that it installs them but when I go to load Melee up, I get a message that the memory card is corrupt and the exploit doesn't load. When I look at the memory card in the Vanilla Gamecube memory card viewer it just shows two blank white squares with jumbled text as their names. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
UPDATE: It seems my issue was the memory card wasn't formatted so it wasn't copying over the files correctly. Once I formatted the card and then copied the files over it worked perfectly!

UPDATE 2: I decided to make a quick tutorial video on how to install The Uncle Punch Training Mode mod onto a Gamecube memory card since I had so much trouble trying to do it on my own: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z5HXH839r4

Last edited:

MAG3R

Smash Rookie
I have the patched iso and melee iso setup but when I launch it in Dolphin, I get an issue where the game freezes and it says that memory card is corrupted. Is there a way to fix this? (I'm going to guess that I have to replace the sd.raw)

Edit: Fixed it! I'm an idiot and forgot to change my controls back to the Gamecube adapter for Wii U

Last edited:

Mommydrummer

Smash Rookie
The modded iso is running really slow with a constant 1-2 seconds of lag HELP

update ; it runs fine when its at 1/8 full-screen

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesticle

Smash Rookie
I enabled "Spacie Tech" and nothing to seems to pop up with that. I was just wondering what that even did/tracked?

Prefecture

Smash Rookie
I enabled "Spacie Tech" and nothing to seems to pop up with that. I was just wondering what that even did/tracked?
It will notify you about the accuracy or inaccuracy of your timings for things such as shortening Fox's Illusion-Falco's Phantasm and Acting Out of Shine.

It may have tracked others, but that is all that comes to recent memory.

So is there no way to use this on Dolphin? It's really my only way to play at home and I'd love to use this!
I'm certain that this is compatible with Dolphin.
I believe you have to use the 20XX Creator on your 1.02 ISO.
It should include a bat that is named something along the lines of "Drag your Melee file here."
The instructions may be in this thread.

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 152334

Training Mode is a modpack for Super Smash Bros. Melee that aims to streamline practice by providing pre-made individual training scenarios. This mod utilizes the event mode present in Super Smash Bros. Melee and reworks them to focus around specific techniques, complete with automatic savestate functionality to allow for rapid-fire practice. Some events have included video tutorials playable in-game (ISO version only) to teach the player about the tech and how to perform it. In addition to these events, Training Mode also includes onscreen text displays which provide you with information otherwise unavailable to you mid-game. Training Mode is available in both ISO and memory card save file form.

This mod's development is supported on Patreon. All pledge tiers will grant access to early versions. Thank you to everyone who has supported and continues to support the project!

You can also follow me @UnclePunch_ on Twitter and check out the project on GitHub.

Download Links v1.1:
- NTSC
- PAL
- Memcard NTSC v1.02
- Memcard JPN v1.02

v1.1 Changelog
Can the PAL training mode memcard exploit change the game to NTSC?

Thinking of getting a PAL gamecube to bring to tournaments (im from aus) and this would be pretty handy.

SASUKEJULIAN

Smash Rookie
Hey is this still active? If so. Would it be possible to add some sort of Meteor cancel event? Love your work and I'll be sure to use this a lot. Thank you

PhamLe

Smash Rookie
anyone knows why i try to open the training pack i always get Dolphin DX11 video backend ?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I have a question about unclepunch training mod
Is there a way to stay sheik?
In many events as they reset I'm zelda again
And I can't hold a to transform immediately either
Maybe a gecko code for those that play zelda?

phoenix2448

Smash Rookie
path should be

sd:\games\GTME01\game.iso
For anyone having issues even after this point, I was able to make it work with nintendont on my wii by changing the iso name to just "game" as opposed to the four word whatever 1.1 title it produces for itself.

I realize now that I am a fool, thats what Uncle Punch meant by game.iso the whole time. anyways

Last edited:

Nyquist

Smash Rookie
In case anybody wants to build the mod on Linux, you can use xdelta3 to generate the iso:

1. Install xdelta3 (e.g. sudo apt install xdelta3 on Ubuntu).
2. Unpack the downloaded zip file.
3. Execute xdelta3 -d -s <path_to_your_smash_iso> ./PATCH\ FILE\ -\ Training\ Mode\ v1.1\ NTSC.xdelta inside the unpack directory.

UnclePunch UnclePunch Thank you for the fantastic mod :)

Last edited:

eeyore

Smash Rookie
In case anybody wants to build the mod on Linux, you can use xdelta3 to generate the iso:

1. Install xdelta3 (e.g. sudo apt install xdelta3 on Ubuntu).
2. Unpack the downloaded zip file.
3. Execute xdelta3 -d -s <path_to_your_smash_iso> ./PATCH\ FILE\ -\ Training\ Mode\ v1.1\ NTSC.xdelta inside the unpack directory.

UnclePunch UnclePunch Thank you for the fantastic mod :)
Thanks very much for this

Top Bottom