• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Hard DK

McYodo

Smash Rookie
So, I bought a DK amiibo and it should arrive in a week. My reason for buying this: Hard DK. He is my inspiration, my future pièce de résistance. But everywhere I go I see these super formal ways to train the amiibo, but I watch alpharad just play casually with 2 other guys on normal stages not even trying to perfect it. What am I missing here? How do I come to own a Hard DK?

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
I would be very surprised if you got something that behaved similar to Hard DK. I don't know how much training can possibly affect the Amiibo's AI since there's only a couple hundred bytes on the NFC tags.

Just play with it, and feed it spirits to raise its stats. It's the stat boost that makes them such a monster, not their AI.

McYodo

Smash Rookie
I would be very surprised if you got something that behaved similar to Hard DK. I don't know how much training can possibly affect the Amiibo's AI since there's only a couple hundred bytes on the NFC tags.

Just play with it, and feed it spirits to raise its stats. It's the stat boost that makes them such a monster, not their AI.
However, I’m confounded as to how the amiibo was doing 40% or so in a single hit. I know you can feed it spirits and I already have an idea as to what to feed it but the amiibo appeared to just have been fighting normally. Is that like actually how they work or is it an effect of it’s training?

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
An amiibo at maximum level deals 1.5 times the normal damage and I believe 1.5 times the normal knockback as well. That's without any spirit boosts. The value skyrockets with spirit add-ons.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
However, I’m confounded as to how the amiibo was doing 40% or so in a single hit. I know you can feed it spirits and I already have an idea as to what to feed it but the amiibo appeared to just have been fighting normally. Is that like actually how they work or is it an effect of it’s training?
It's the spirits. Feed it primary spirits to increase its attack and defense power. You can also feed it secondary spirits to give it effects. If you want a stupidly good DK, I'd start experimenting with Physical Attack+ and Trade-Off Ability. Not sure what the best to put in the 3rd slot would be. Jump+ Movement Speed+, Air Attack+, Strong Throw, Shield Damage+, there's a few good things to look at.

McYodo

Smash Rookie
An amiibo at maximum level deals 1.5 times the normal damage and I believe 1.5 times the normal knockback as well. That's without any spirit boosts. The value skyrockets with spirit add-ons.
Ahhh, that makes a good amount more sense. I guess I’ll just let him play with me and my friends and we’ll see how it goes. I don’t want to make it tooooo op so I’ll keep him spiritless for now

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I should add, charging DK's neutral special screws with him a bit. He knows how to charge but not how to use it.

Robbie_Haruna

Smash Rookie
It's actually only a 10% difference for an Amiibo's stats. (Was 25% in Smash 4.)

It's not shown in any video, but Alpharad probably fed him spirits offscreen.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
^
I'll have to check with the more experienced trainers of the Dojo, but I'm pretty sure the amiibo boost functions as if they have 400/400 stats, at level 50.
It should also be noted that 6 points of attack counters 4 points of defense, so an amiibo with a 2000/2000 stat spread is actually defense-based.

I realize this is definitely too late, but for anyone else reading this thread in the future: adding Spirits to your amiibo turn the AI into hash browns, and it's hard to train out. In Ultimate, vanilla amiibo are a lot smarter. So if you're going to add spirits to an amiibo, do it immediately at level 1 and don't ever, ever add spirits to them after the fact. That gives you plenty of time to train out the bad habits they might get into.

Top Bottom