• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trainer Tappout- Let's Make A Game

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If you threw the trainers into a ring? What would happen?
Well it probably be really sloppy.
But what if you took a trainer and gave them the essence of Pokemon?
Then you'd get our newest group project: Trainer Tappout.

We're going to make our own Pokemon game. By taking the backstory of Pokemon Gym Leaders and Elite Four members, we're going to craft a game. Ideally I'd envision the game to be the old Street Fighter vs. Marvel comparison, where our game would be about pushing the game to its limits.

Procedure should go like this:
We work on the 8 gym leaders at the same time, focusing first on establishing their roles and playstyle, then their types and abilities, and finally their movepool. While jokes are fine to include like giving Brock Attract, the focus should be on getting a working game running.

I'll create a server for the ideas to be tested on.

Batch 1: Kanto Gym Leaders

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
1. For people that don't remember/don't get this oversimplified OP:
2. Give Gym Leaders appropriate typings/stats/abilities/movepools
3. Do some magic in PS
4. Play with a custom made metagame
5. ????
6. Profit

Clownbot

Smash Lord
This project sounds really cool and I plan on following it. I might also try and take part, provided it doesn't require any extensive competitive knowledge. If that's what you're looking for, well, I still support it lol.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Oh, this actually sounds really cool! I'd be completely game for a project like this. I'd be happy to help out if I could/you let me.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Here's my thoughts, I didn't want to be the first and feel like I'm dictating the tone but here it is:

Brock
1. Brock needs to be a starter. He wants to be a tanky support offering setup entries and support to his team.
2. Misty wants to be fast and hit hard, but have a situational kind of bulk. I see her largely as a kind of varient of Starmie, without or without rapid spin.
3. Lt. Surge bulky guy that hits stuff, potential uses of No Guard as his concept to build around.
4. Erika would run as a Quiver Dance/Dragon Dance sweeper that can switch between either roles but requires setup in order to wreck a team.
5. Sabrina would be a multiuse, versatile pokemon that can not serve as multiple at the same time, but can invest heavily in roles and excel at them. Consider Magic Bounce, for example, to establish her role as a support and anti-lead, while Magic Guard would establish her place as a sweeper, just for examples.
6. Tiny Anime Girl suicide lead, supporter, revenge killer, u-turn volt switch abuser
7. Blaine is the slow heard hitting monster that destroys a team without a response.
8. Gary is the well rounded anti-sweeper that keeps other sweepers in check.

Its important to keep a forward thinking mind in place, we don't want to take away a playstyle that would better serve another trainer in the future, so giving someone a playstyle is dedicating that playstyle to them, this is important to keep in mind.

Top Bottom