• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Tracking the Ninja - Greninja Video Thread

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Players listing format is updated, guys. All that remains for now is to review the first 4 pages of the thread and add the remaining videos. I'm trying to avoid getting any videos that pre-dates the patch though, so let me know if you see any issues. That, as well as broken links, wrong offline/online listing, etc.

Last edited:

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
This is the last video I'm uploading for tonight (and maybe for a few weeks)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKCfpxxYi7U&feature=youtu.be

Players listing format is updated, guys. All that remains for now is to review the first 4 pages of the thread and add the remaining videos. I'm trying to avoid getting any videos that pre-dates the patch though, so let me know if you see any issues. That, as well as broken links, wrong offline/online listing, etc.
Dude amazing job.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Double post

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
This is the last video I'm uploading for tonight (and maybe for a few weeks)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKCfpxxYi7U&feature=youtu.be

Dude amazing job.
Added - I'll take an actual look at these latest vids when I get the chance and give some feedback too. And no problem c:

Not sure if you got to check these, but maybe add a combos section as well?

https://vine.co/u/1135825187007569920/grid
https://vine.co/u/1128742237132709888/grid

Either hand pick the good ones or just post the urls. Or you can not, if you don't think they belong in this thread.
I've been meaning to add these gifs, actually. Do you know if there is a way to add them directly as gifs here, as individual gifs rather than urls? If not, that's fine. I'll have to figure out how to arrange these. But a lot of them are good stuff to know, so I think they should be added imo

Last edited:

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Added - I'll take an actual look at these latest vids when I get the chance and give some feedback too. And no problem c:

I've been meaning to add these gifs, actually. Do you know if there is a way to add them directly as gifs here, as individual gifs rather than urls? If not, that's fine. I'll have to figure out how to arrange these. But a lot of them are good stuff to know, so I think they should be added imo
Just grab the url and post it like you would a video like so.

I you want gifs you'll have to make them using s gif generator flash, photoshop or after effects.

Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Oh, hey, I'm back with another video. ._.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jZt5J1bkdP4&list=PLfsHddFGhhKiF3vKU25ikrYTfeOtprxtg
Me as Greninja Vs TSB Kiing as Mario

Even though I lost, I felt a bit more comfortable actually playing in tournament setting. TSB is a crew that comes to that local and usually wins, unless LoF Keitaro and some other LoF people come. So, I feel pretty good I took a match off of one of them.

That last death though. ;~;

Critique would help quite a lot.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
This is a video vs. the level 9 CPU Kirby. For some reason, I do much better offline than online because I get nervous online. I'm trying to use Hydro Pump more onstage and use Shadow Sneak for edgeguarding occasionally.

I have two more For Glory matches here. In the first one, I start to slack off towards the end and end up regretting that.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
This is a video vs. the level 9 CPU Kirby. For some reason, I do much better offline than online because I get nervous online. I'm trying to use Hydro Pump more onstage and use Shadow Sneak for edgeguarding occasionally.
Don't fight against CPUs, they create bad habits for you. Videos against CPUs are also, by extension of the former, bad for players to watch because they don't really teach anything because of the bad stuff CPUs make you do because of their god-like reaction time and predictableness.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
@ Jaguar360 Jaguar360 Added the FG matches, lemme know if you still want the CPU one to be added. Mimgrim makes some good points, though I personally find CPUS to be useful for simply testing out 'combos' on, and to see the ways they get out of it, as well as finding an alternate way to punish. But yeah, as far as mindgames and human reactions go, better off in FG and/or offline.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Mimgrim makes some good points, though I personally find CPUS to be useful for simply testing out 'combos' on, and to see the ways they get out of it, as well as finding an alternate way to punish.
For getting combos down and stuff just use training mode and lab it out. The other 2 things aren't so practical due to inhuman reaction time of CPUs. The only other thing I would do with CPUs is go to training, set them to level 9, and then set them to attack and then just try and avoid all attacks the CPU does without attacking back unless it is a get-off-me move to see how long you can survive (this is a good way to practice movement).

When you have no one to fight with/practice with your best bet is usually to just go into training mode and lab out combos/ATs/movement till you feel comfortable and after that keep on doing so as to not get rusty. It might not seem like much help at first but as you keep doing it and keep playing against other people you will see an improvement eventually. Nothing beats having a practice partner though but if no access to one of those (like me) labbing out is a good enough substitute as long as you can play with people periodically enough (preferably offline).

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I'm aware, but I don't have any offline players to fight against at the moment and I use CPUs to kind of practice before I go on For Glory and massacre my win rate (alongside Training mode of course, but getting actual matches is more fun).

The CPU video doesn't need to be added btw. Just wanted to share.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Hey i was able to recored some off stream matches at apex and was able to catch a teams match of amsa(greninja)/abadango(puff) vs Vinnie(g&w)/Will(shiekk)

Shiek up-b can fill up G&w bucket two slots in stead of one. Its not as fast as pre patch pikachu doing thunder on the bucket, but its pretty fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0VYvRAsP3A&index=2&list=PLVWuUiVMTy1CGaj3z0lLk89ajt-rH8R_O
Thanks for sharing this! This is our first doubles video that was ever posted here xD

Man those buckets were rough. Could have sworn aMSa had teamed with Sync though.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
some great matches from APEX 2014 featuring aMSa using greninja. We all could learn something from his greninja. @ Mocha Mocha do your thing!

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Those Fairs my god aMSa how are you so good with them?!

I can't space those Fairs properly and he does it perfectly everytime, geez.

The way he controls Greninja so fluidly is so enviable, his Greninja is more slippery than wet soap.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482

The way he controls Greninja so fluidly is so enviable, his Greninja is more slippery than wet soap.
i actually have been practicing short hop fairs thanks to asma. A great stage to practice is on battlefield. You slightly tap the jump button about the height of the second platform and using a the cstick hit forward. The cstick helps greatly with timing the fair.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997

Agreed. Those perfectly spaced fairs are awesome.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Updated the OP, thanks for the link, @ DrizzyDrew DrizzyDrew :]

Not only is aMSa comfortable with his approaching Fairs, but can I just mention his spacing on his retreating Fairs too? He uses them like some pseudo Marth. It's really impressive, and I can't wait to see what more aMSa has in store for us.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Last edited:

KingHerpOfDerp

Smash Cadet
So you, KingHerpOfDerp and 80PSI are the same person? I had you both listed under separate spoiler tags, lel. Just confirm this please so I can change it. Also, let me know which name you want me to use for you, ty

:4greninja: 'd
Yes I did. I changed my tag when I arrived at KiT15. Me and my friends make pressure jokes all the time because I main Greninja.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Last edited:

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
Guys check my vids and sorry for the quality.

SSK Greninja VS Captain Falcon 2: http://youtu.be/PnkN3ptKIos

SSK Greninja For Glory VS Captain Falcon: http://youtu.be/LVmXw5GpwOQ

SSK Greninja For Glory VS Zelda: http://youtu.be/pASnymiaZsc
I really like your Greninja! I posted comments on your videos as follows:

In the 2nd one (For Glory vs the Cap),

Beautiful substitute at 0:57 on his Falcon Punch.
That's cool when you punish at 1:22 , is that a down smash?
That finisher at 3:07 : Dair to Up air to smash was fantastic.

Overall I like how well you control the stage and use Hydro Pump to mix it up.

And I like how you made a comeback in that Zelda battle.

SuperSmashKing009

Smash Ace
NNID
SSK009
3DS FC
0404-7569-9294
I really like your Greninja! I posted comments on your videos as follows:

In the 2nd one (For Glory vs the Cap),

Beautiful substitute at 0:57 on his Falcon Punch.
That's cool when you punish at 1:22 , is that a down smash?
That finisher at 3:07 : Dair to Up air to smash was fantastic.

Overall I like how well you control the stage and use Hydro Pump to mix it up.

And I like how you made a comeback in that Zelda battle.
Thank you so much for the feedback please let me know what I could work on really appreciate. And yes that was Down Smash.

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
A bunch of matches with commentary, as well as some episodes of For Glory adventures. MANY more to come, <3 Greninja.

I gotta stop making so many videos haha.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
A bunch of matches with commentary, as well as some episodes of For Glory adventures. MANY more to come, <3 Greninja.

I gotta stop making so many videos haha.
I watched the first two vids so far, but I gotta head out for my evening classes before too long sadly. I especially liked the Palutena match, though I think the commentary was the nice touch too. Don't get a lot of vids here with commentary, so keep it up. Just to clarify, these are all online? And you want me to add a spoiler tag as Cobbs for you with your vids? You've posted many other vids before of Greninja, but I think they were of other Greninja players.

@ FullMoon FullMoon Cool match, quality seems decent too - glad your new capture card is working out for you. Seeing both Greninjas miss dash grab though was kinda funny, especially when they both missed at the same time xD good throw followups by you, and nice hydro pump usage by Coffee. Added a tag for you here btw, FullMoon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom