• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Tracking the Ninja - Greninja Video Thread

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

Nicklecat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nicklecat17
3DS FC
3840-6368-6391
Got more matches to post some good, some bad, but hey matches are matches.

Nicklecat:4greninja: vs. EpictheJet :4falcon:https://youtu.be/ioX1hz7kOTM

I was able to just outspace him and force him to approach. I even got a jab reset on him so that was cool.

Nicklecat :4greninja: vs. Gameliking:4lucario: https://youtu.be/gNdy31Ij1Lk

I just stopped be aggressive and it cost me. I'll get him next time.

Nicklecat :4greninja: vs. ClutchTaco:4samus:
https://youtu.be/JpnSstSz6iM

I had a hard time taking advantage of his habits, but I got him in the end.

Nicklecat:4greninja: vs. Meek:4falcon:https://youtu.be/ghx9feAHPPc

He walled me with up air and I didn't respond accordingly. One of the captain falcon players I struggle with the most.

Nicklecat:4greninja: vs. JG:4fox:https://youtu.be/hzrbjBLVl1k

I didn't properly deal with how JG played and I got bodied for it.

That's all for now.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Updated:

- Elexiao's vids
- Illusion. Illusion. doubles vid

Also added the following:

vs :4sonic:Venia (Greninja) vs Sonicfiend (Sonic) (Winners R3 Nebulous Prime 48)
vs :4marth:Venia (Greninja) vs Stretch (Marth) (Winners Quarters Nebulous Prime 48)
vs :4bowser:Venia (Greninja) vs Khaos (Bowser) (Winners Semis Nebulous Prime 48)
vs :4bayonetta::4lucas:Venia (Greninja) vs Jaden (Bayonetta/Lucas) (Losers Quarters Nebulous Prime 48)
vs :4corrin:Venia (Greninja) vs John Numbers (Corrin) (Losers Finals Nebulous Prime 48)
vs :4mario::4lucina::4bowser:Venia (Greninja) vs Khaos (Mario/Lucina/Bowser) (Grand Finals Nebulous Prime 48)

And more doubles with Venia and NinjaLink:

:4greninja::4greninja: vs :4link::rosalina:Venia (Greninja) + NinjaLink (Greninja) vs Dair (Link) + Uptilt (Rosalina/Zero Suit) (Winners Quarters Nebulous Prime 48)
:4greninja::4greninja:/:4megaman: vs :4mario::4luigi:/:4ness:Venia (Greninja) + NinjaLink (Greninja/Mega Man) vs Khaos (Mario) + Tokyo (Luigi/Ness) (Winners Semis Nebulous Prime 48)
:4greninja::4megaman: vs :4mario::4cloud:Venia (Greninja) + NinjaLink (Mega Man) vs Xavier (Mario) + ISaidNoCookies (Cloud) (Losers Quarters Nebulous Prime 48)
:4greninja::4greninja:/:4megaman: vs :4cloud::4cloud:Venia (Greninja) + NinjaLink (Greninja/Mega Man) vs Jaden (Cloud) + Darkblues (Cloud)(Losers Semis Nebulous Prime 48)
:4greninja::4megaman: vs :4mario::4ness:Venia (Greninja) + NinjaLink (Mega Man) vs Khaos (Mario) + Tokyo (Ness) (Losers Final Nebulous Prime 48)
:4greninja::4greninja: vs :4marth:+:4mewtwo:/:4cloud:/:4dk:/:4fox:/:4falcon:Venia (Greninja) + NinjaLink (Greninja/Mega Man) vs Stretch (Marth) + Leo (Mewtwo/Cloud/Donkey Kong/Fox/Captain Falcon) (Grand Finals Nebulous Prime 48)

---

ALSO, #Turtle Soup, eff boozer man.

Again if you guys see any broken links or mistakes, please let me know so I can fix them. All of this took quite awhile to code/update, so the chance of a mistake is there. Ty~

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Keekay vs SG | Omart

Losers Eighths, Be Smash 2016, Dominican Republic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM9vmLIqfyM

Also, critique if you can :)
Ayy, I was about to watch this match today after hearing the results of the tournament :)

You are the real deal dude. I'm struggling to critique you on anything. You pretty much had your neutral play, techskill and conversions down. I guess that I would advise playing a bit more defensively/campy once you get the stock lead against Falcon, but I did notice that you were trying to do that at least. And yeah, apparently Falcon's U-throw can kill...that caught me off guard too. You obviously know next time to be prepared for that. I don't have any advice for getting out of those Falcon combos. Good stuff Keekay/Kite.

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Ayy, I was about to watch this match today after hearing the results of the tournament :)

You are the real deal dude. I'm struggling to critique you on anything. You pretty much had your neutral play, techskill and conversions down. I guess that I would advise playing a bit more defensively/campy once you get the stock lead against Falcon, but I did notice that you were trying to do that at least. And yeah, apparently Falcon's U-throw can kill...that caught me off guard too. You obviously know next time to be prepared for that. I don't have any advice for getting out of those Falcon combos. Good stuff Keekay/Kite.

Yeah, I think I should play more campy when I have the lead. I agree with that.

Also please check this one out too:

Keekay vs Digital Strider

Winners Quarters, Be Smash 2016, Dominican Republic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoGTcR_h7L8

EDIT: Change my name from ''Kite'' to ''Keekay'' please.

Last edited:

AlexAnthonyD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anthony
3DS FC
1521-5082-7099
Your Hydro Pump angles are so freaking good. Last match after a failed substitute you went :GCR::GCUL: where I would have simply gone :GCU: as you were to the bottom left of the ledge. Doing this puts me in a must tech situation when i'm facing a good player. When I see iStudying and players good as yourself to implement these i'm always super impressed.

First game was great your angles were good in that too, and your shurikens were on point. Movement was great.

Game 2 you did something i've done myself a million times and made a fatal SD. This was quite bad for a number of reasons, first and foremost, you may have been able to recover! I'm not 100% sure but at that distance if you were mashing Up B after you did Dair you would have absolutely canceled momentum before reaching the blast zone, and potentially enough to recover. If not you only needed to be a little higher for this to work. Roughly a full hop Dair can be recovered with a vertical hydro pump.

Second, you have better options here, back air would be my favorite as it's easiest to catch him in, with the first 2 hits of Bair giving you leeway of leading him into the 3rd and deadly hit if not teched. You can always do a run off shadow sneak facing the ledge if you're good with your timing, however aside from SSHSC I noticed you don't seem to SS very often in general, so i'd just stick to back air for this particular edge guard, hydro pump would have worked as well.

I watched all 3 matches twice and honestly have little else to say. So much of smash bros is gray area 50/50 33/33/33 situations that even if they go for/against you, that is not necessarily a determinant of the quality of action taken. In other words, well played!

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Your Hydro Pump angles are so freaking good. Last match after a failed substitute you went :GCR::GCUL: where I would have simply gone :GCU: as you were to the bottom left of the ledge. Doing this puts me in a must tech situation when i'm facing a good player. When I see iStudying and players good as yourself to implement these i'm always super impressed.

First game was great your angles were good in that too, and your shurikens were on point. Movement was great.

Game 2 you did something i've done myself a million times and made a fatal SD. This was quite bad for a number of reasons, first and foremost, you may have been able to recover! I'm not 100% sure but at that distance if you were mashing Up B after you did Dair you would have absolutely canceled momentum before reaching the blast zone, and potentially enough to recover. If not you only needed to be a little higher for this to work. Roughly a full hop Dair can be recovered with a vertical hydro pump.

Second, you have better options here, back air would be my favorite as it's easiest to catch him in, with the first 2 hits of Bair giving you leeway of leading him into the 3rd and deadly hit if not teched. You can always do a run off shadow sneak facing the ledge if you're good with your timing, however aside from SSHSC I noticed you don't seem to SS very often in general, so i'd just stick to back air for this particular edge guard, hydro pump would have worked as well.

I watched all 3 matches twice and honestly have little else to say. So much of smash bros is gray area 50/50 33/33/33 situations that even if they go for/against you, that is not necessarily a determinant of the quality of action taken. In other words, well played!

Thanks Alex. I understand what you said.

The game 2 thing was a bad calculation. I actually have a ''trick'' against Cloud, if he has no jump and has to up B you can always Dair him. The thing is, I though for some reason he had no jump, and thats why I failed. I think I was kinda in a hurry, but it was still my bad. I will try to lab Dair a little more, so I know from where I can use it safely.

Nicklecat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nicklecat17
3DS FC
3840-6368-6391
Got a couple more vids here

Nicklecat :4greninja: vs. Reptile1425 :4feroy: https://youtu.be/xoKnklqe5CY
- this is was from a weekly in Colorado I went to, had a lot of fun and got this match to look at so thats cool.

Nicklecat:4greninja: vs. DTF:4megaman:https://youtu.be/wkkapythUcM
-Felt I did alright, but in the end I got too hastey and lost for it.

Nicklecat :4greninja: vs. *****:4tlink:https://youtu.be/TBSkp60vApE
-Did not play the MU that well, got too hastey again and I kinda let him hit me with bombs. Reminder to work on grabbing items.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Updated:

- Some's video
- Kite0692 Kite0692 videos and changed name to Keekay, as requested
- Nicklecat Nicklecat videos
- DarkAura videos
- Waveguider video

Also got more Venia stuff, from which he won another tournament yet again. He also won doubles, which I'll be updating as well.

vs :4sonic:Venia (Greninja) vs Sonicfiend (Sonic) (Winners R2 Nebulous Prime 51)
vs :4dk::4diddy:Venia (Greninja) vs Mankey (Donkey/Diddy Kong) (Winners Quarters Nebulous Prime 51)
vs :4tlink:Venia (Greninja) vs Jash (Toon Link) (Winners Semis Nebulous Prime 51)
vs :4wiifit:Venia (Greninja) vs John Numbers (Wii Fit) (Winners Finals Nebulous Prime 51)
vs :4wiifit::4corrin:Venia (Greninja) vs John Numbers (Wii Fit/Corrin) (Grand Finals Nebulous Prime 51)

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Took 1st place at a tournament yesterday for the first time ever, had a bit more success using :4greninja: than usual. I've been on a roll with my last 3 locals, and now with this success I think its time I come back to Smashboards to build upon it and go even further.

vs Luthie :4zss: https://www.twitch.tv/gamingzoneaz/v/83483714?t=57m42s

Grand Finals vs Cybrus :4sheik: (used Gren in only 2 games though)
https://www.twitch.tv/gamingzoneaz/v/83483714?t=02h01m39s
https://www.twitch.tv/gamingzoneaz/v/83483714?t=02h25m55s

Constructive Criticism desired, especially with a monthly coming this weekend. Really wanna put my frog to the test.

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
so I know a lot of greninja's were at smash con. any greninja vids or results from that?

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
so I know a lot of greninja's were at smash con. any greninja vids or results from that?
They didn't put any of the highest-placing Greninjas on stream -_-. Venia got 25th, P2P with Gibus got 65th, Techei got 97th (who had a match w/ 8BitMan on stream, but got bodied), and aMSa, Elu, KERO and F.O.E. got 129th. If they were recorded off-stream, Venia vs Rango, Pink Fresh, Gomamugitya, WaDi and/or Ryuga would be great to see.

We've got this though:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bZbmFZ3Z9g

Long vid but could really use some critique on what I got to work on. From a Pools tournament, though I drowned in my pool I did manage to survive all the way into GF and just barely lost to a friend of mine.

I'd also like to point out that despite how shoddy and impatient my play was here, I've had a positive win record against this particular player (in fact I 3-0'd him into losers moments before this re-encounter), and this is the first time he's beaten me. With that in mind, I was pretty surprised at how all of a sudden he counteradapted so quickly and so easily. I felt the hardest part came from working against his Nair, Fair, and ledge options. I've been told Mewtwo's Nair is a bad OoS/neutral option and that he has terrible ledge options for how slow they are, idk what it was but for some reason I felt too scared or stumped to challenge either one of those .

I underestimated him badly, but now that I got back my console (as my mom took it for over a month) I have a chance to practice so if anyone could help out a bit that'd be cool.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Welp, I have quite a bit to catch up to here. As I'm doing so, I wanted to congratulate Keekay for winning the tourney, Gaiden Mn.S from October 2016.

- Added 2017 tabs for Singles, Doubles, and 4v4s
-Updated 2017 with the following Singles videos:

vs :4wiifit:Venia (Greninja) vs John Numbers (Wii Fit Trainer) (XenFortyEight Grand Finals)
vs :4cloud:Venia (Greninja) vs Darkblues (Cloud) (XenFortyEight Winners Finals)
vs :4yoshi:Venia (Greninja) vs Raptor (Yoshi) (XenFortyEight Winners)
vs :4megaman:Venia (Greninja) vs KingArc (Mega Man) (XenFortyEight Winners)
vs :4wiifit:Venia (Greninja) vs John Numbers (Wii Fit Trainer) (Nebulous Prime #73 Grand Finals)
vs :4corrin:/:4mewtwo:Venia (Greninja) vs Frozen (Corrin/Mewtwo) (Smash Attack 16 Grand Finals)
vs :4bayonetta:iStudying (Greninja) vs Badr (Bayonetta) (Avalon U-VII Losers Semis)
vs :4ness:iStudying (Greninja) vs S1 (Ness) (Avalon U-VII Winners Semis)
vs :4peach:iStudying (Greninja) vs Meru (Peach) (Avalon U-VII Winners Quarters)

- Updated 2016 Doubles:

:4greninja::4greninja:/:4lucario: vs :4ness: + :4villager:Illusion (Greninja) + Gibus (Greninja/Lucario) vs Nikeraptor (Ness) + Snax (Villager)(Clutch City Crash WR3)
:4greninja::4yoshi: vs :4bayonetta::4marth:Serge (Greninja) + AnD (Yoshi) vs Chag (Bayonetta) + Javi (Marth) (SP46 WF)
:4greninja::4yoshi: vs :4mario:/:4falcon: + :4bowser:Serge (Greninja) + AnD (Yoshi) vs Gummy (Mario/Falcon) + Pollo (Bowser) (SP 46 WS)

- Updated 2016 Singles:

vs :4pikachu:Mayin (Greninja) vs Navi (Pikachu) (SP60 Winners Bracket)
vs :4zss:Keekay Greninja) vs Stark (ZSS) (Gaiden Mn.S Grand Finals)
vs :4cloud:Keekay (Greninja) vs Digital Strider (Cloud) (Gaiden FC Losers Finals)
vs :4mewtwo:Funkermonster (Greninja/Corrin) vs Kami (Mewtwo) (SOS1 Amateur Grand Finals)

Funkermonster Funkermonster Seems like you never got your critique that you wanted. If you'd like I can also have your video posted on the Greninja Discord for review on their match up analysis section? Also I was curious about your thoughts on the usage of Greninja and Corrin. Do you feel there are match-ups you are more comfortable using Corrin over Greninja, and vice versa? Or is it just more of a situational kind of thing?

- Updated Greninja Combo Video Montage by Some to our Combo Videos section

- Updated Interview with iStudying (December 2016) to our 'Guides/Combo Vids/Crew Battles/Other' section

Last edited:

Igneo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Proximamente.
Top Bottom