• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[TPG] SlumberLAN tournament $3000+ in prizes! PRIZES ANNOUNCED!

TehPwnGaming

Smash Cadet

This is the Teh Pwn Gaming event you have been waiting for: the slumberLAN - our biggest and most ambitious event of the summer. This event marks the anniversary of Teh Pwn Gaming. Also, it represents the end of summer and the soon beginning of the fall semester. We want to bring to our community a memorable night of gaming, from videos games to board & card games, fun, and hanging out.

UNLIMITED NOS! $3000+ in AWESOME PRIZES!

When: Friday August 26th to Saturday August 27th @ 7:00pm - 8:00am

Where: Science Teaching and Student Services at the University of Minnesota (Rooms 312 and 340)

Games with tournaments for prizes include:
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Mario Kart Wii
- StarCraft II
- Team Fortress 2
- Halo: Reach
- Call of Duty Black Ops
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Street Fighter IV
- Dance Central

EVENT WEBSITE & REGISTRATION HERE

FEE: $20 = Full Tournament pass for non-members
($10 Limited Pass)

WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING: Any PCs and peripherals, consoles, controllers, TVs, sleeping bags (if you plan on sleeping), an Ethernet cable, any video games, and/or power strip if you need more than one outlet.

WHAT YOU MUST BRING: If you are a member, you MUST bring your membership card.

We will have Ethernet cables and Xbox controllers available for rent for $5 but supplies are limited.

However, feel free to come and play whatever video or non-video games you wish!

EVERYONE, even members, must register for the event! Only 200 seats available so register early!

There are rules and other details regarding the tournaments are on the website!

SPONSORS:

napZzz

Smash Hero
league of legends? I'm definitely in there

AND mario kart wii? Who finna try and match me in that ****. whats dance central?

TehPwnGaming

Smash Cadet
league of legends? I'm definitely in there

AND mario kart wii? Who finna try and match me in that ****. whats dance central?
Sadly, League of Legends has been cut because we've had some network issues with it in the past :( We are planning to have a tournament for LoL later this year though.

Instead, Call of Duty Black Ops & Street Fighter IV have been added.

Dance Central is Harmonix's (creators of Guitar Hero, Rock band) Kinect dance game.

im likely to come
Cool, do it! And tell your friends!

Wow this is the best thread I've seen in so long.

Teh Pwn Gaming seems really legit!
Thank you ^^

Wake

Smash Master
Ohh Nice nice! So you guys made a thread on Smashboards! Well You know I'll be there for sure. This might actually turn into a competition if some of the MN community shows up :p

TehPwnGaming

Smash Cadet
what are the prizes for melee? also will there be melee teams?
What prizes go to the Melee tournament have not been allocated yet, but as soon as I found out, I'll update you.

Here are the Super Smash Bros. Melee rules for your convenience:

Super Smash Bros. Melee

32 people

Single elimination, Quarter- and semifinals best of three, finals best of five. Otherwise best of one.

Time Estimate: Eight hours, divided by the number of Wii’s, but at least Two hours

32-Player Single Elimination Bracket

Stages: The first game of a match is played on a random stage, chosen from the neutral stages:

Yoshi’s Story

Fountain of Dreams

Battlefield

Dream Land (N64)

Final Destination

Afterwards, the loser picks, and may pick from neutral stages or the following:

Pokemon Stadium

Brinstar

Kongo Jungle (N64)

Rainbow Cruise

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Not that far for me to travel, but I only play one of those games in that list; melee. If you don't mind, I could bring Project M if I can make it.

:phone:

Triple R

Smash Lord
We'll see. I would really like the Melee ruleset to be the standard tourney format (double elim, 2 out of 3, etc.). Would love to go though.

TehPwnGaming

Smash Cadet
Hopefully I'll be able to make it. Do we have to pay the registration fee for nonmembers on the site only or can we pay in person?
Unfortunately, it is site only - sorry! Are you thinking about coming?

what is the prize for marvel.
Prize distribution has not been decided yet but I'll let you know when I find out!

Not that far for me to travel, but I only play one of those games in that list; melee. If you don't mind, I could bring Project M if I can make it.

Oh yeah, by all means play any game you want! Oh an a word of advice: I recommend to bring your own monitor/TV to ensure that you'll have a screen to play your own games on. Only screens for tournaments will for sure be provided. There may be some extra TVs for people to use by themselves but no promises!

Wake

Smash Master
"I'll move it to best-of-three until quarters. I'd also like to make it a double-elimination tournament if there's interest and if we're likely to have enough SSBM fans in attendance. How large is the local Melee community, and how many are likely to come to this event? Since Melee is such a highly-watchable game, I could see putting it alongside Starcraft as the really big events of the night."

The rules have been switched. Thanks guys!

................................So much for no charisma eh Disciple? :glare:

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
question: do you plan on having any security monitors at this? i know there have been for similar events in the past..

Remy LeBeau

Smash Apprentice
i couldnt find it on the site, but what is the time for melee event? I have a wedding the next day to go to, so I dont want to have to be up too late

TehPwnGaming

Smash Cadet
these old eyes.

i guess i prob wont be able to beat everyone this time around. kinda too late for me
The times have changed a little bit and the tournament for SSBM will start at 11pm instead. It may go as late as 2am though since there are over 20 people signed up to play on their registration form

Also, many people are coming as a team but the boards will be open for sign up and you can just sit down and sign up with some people who didn't have a team.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Due to how many people will be entering melee, will it continue to be single elimination or will it change to be a double elimination?

TehPwnGaming

Smash Cadet
Due to how many people will be entering melee, will it continue to be single elimination or will it change to be a double elimination?

Yup! The changes in time of start, duration and switch from single elim to double elim were made a few days ago but the document has yet to be updated by our tournament director. The document should reflect these changes within about 12 hours :)

Just as an update 59/200 seats have been filled and there's about 3 weeks left for registration!

Also, we just received $500 worth of prizes in the mail from Slappa yesterday and here's a little preview of what you could win!

TehPwnGaming

Smash Cadet
SO for the prizes in that pic, I see some suitcases, some bags, and a game case. Anything else that's getting shipped in? :D

Yup! We still have a bunch of items from Cooler Master, Seasonic, Vroom foods and 4 Vibras head sets (worth $250 a piece!) on the way :)

By the way, those are actually cd cases, psp cases, laptop cases, backpacks and messenger bags.

Wake

Smash Master
"It's four stock, no items. Best-of-three except best-of-five quarter- and semi-finals and best-of-seven finals. Double elimination."

Yaaaay

Top Bottom