• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toyman Trials -- DONE FOR NOW-- - Brawl/Melee Bi-Weeklies - Kaukauna WI.

hunger!

Smash Champion
A tourney series made by Lonejedi and Hunger to bring some life to Wisconsin. Name made by owner of the store(Chris Hummell). Toy-Man Collectables, Comics & Games.

Address :

319 Lawe St
Kaukauna, WI 54130
Phone: (920) 462-0002

Bring Set ups if possible.

Set up = TV(13 inch+ preferably), Wii + Brawl + Melee
Matches will be recorded :)

Times

Register Time: 11:30 - Noon
Start Time: 12 p.m. (NOON)
Estimated End Time: Around 7 or 8 p.m.

ENTRY FEES(changed)
BRAWL
$5 Singles
$10 Doubles ($5 per person)

$5 Venue Fee

MELEE
$5 Singles
$10 Doubles ($5 per person)

Pot Split

60/30/10 for 15+ people.
70/30/Money Back for below 15 turnout.

STORE RULES
1. No Carry-In's. There is food and drinks in the store or you can go to the McDonalds Right next to it (note: you can NOT bring that in the store)
2. Keep the cursing down (we can still swear...just dont like yell FUUUUCCCCKKKKER. and thats coming from me!!)
3. Respect the owner.

In-Game Rules:
These are the rules for both singles and doubles
The following list was created by members of the Smash Back Room (SBR). Each rule was debated and voted upon in separate topics. While it is always up to the Tournament Organizers (TO) to determine the rules that best fit their tournaments, we recommend these rules be used as a base guideline to new and experienced TO's alike.

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Starter: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island

Counter Pick: Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Brinstar, Corneria, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens

Everything Else Is Banned

Toyman Trials |TT4|
Date: DONE FOR NOW

Wafles

Smash Lord
I'll be coming to as many of these as possible, with a full setup.

I hope I can make it once a month, however it is very likely that i will have to miss some, if so, and I get out of work reasonably early, could I show up for just singles? I would likely end up skipping doubles sometimes anyway.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Still think that venue fee should go towards FBT6...
I'm still considering a fudge5 for feb to raise money for fudge6, still have to talk with spikes more about it though, itd be brawl only though since we could get more locals for it on shorter notice.

hunger!

Smash Champion
ya u can enter only singles or only doubles as long as u pay the venue fee. and no way is the owner going to want to do w/e zicore was talking about...unless it was held at someone's house. i dont think anyone would wanna do that

Zicore

Smash Champion
Its what Darkrain and DMAC did to make extra pot money for Event 52. They charged a few dollars extra onto the entry fee to the venue, took w/e money they made, put it into a pot, and used it for a huge pot bonus for the winner of event 52 to attract out of staters like m2k to come. It wouldn't be that hard. And I wasn't aware that there was an added venue fee to get into the store as it was...

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Don't worry about it Zicore, FBT isn't even hunger's tourney. I'm considering some hilarious alternate ways to make some good venue money (talk to me about it on aim or something), so let Toyman have his trials. I'll be there :bee:

hunger!

Smash Champion
theres going to be some gay card thing happening at same time as us but will end WAY before us so wont be a big issue at all. . . just an inconvenience

Wafles

Smash Lord
So I'm definitely coming to the first one, I got off of work. =)

See ya'll there.

I'm really, really tempted to use yoshi for these tournaments.

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
Hey, biL and I are coming to this, Im also bringing 2 friends One that wants to be in the tourny he needs a partner. And one who just wants to watch also Hunger If he just wants to watch and not play does he have to pay the venue.

As a side note, dont play marth kids hes terrible and in the end he will **** your ******* because he is gay

DARK_KIRBY_WARRIOR

Smash Rookie
hEY EVERYBODY THIS IS DARK_KIRBY_WARRIOR I HOPE TO DO GOOD THIS IS MY FIRST TOURNAMENT I AM GOING TO TRY MY BEST !!!!! I LIKE KIRBY I HOPE I CNA BEAT POEPLE WHO USE CHARACTERS LIKE SNAKE AND THINGS, THIS IS MY FIRST TOURNAMENT I HAVE BEEN TRAINING HARD WITH MY BREOTHER!!

DOSE ANYBODY WANT TO PLAY MELEE TOO I LIKE THAT GAME AND SMASH 64!!!! ALSO I HAVE BEEN ON THE M N CHAT AND HAVE BEEN TALKIGN TO FRIENDS "KOALA FIGHT HIM" "AZURE" AND "NAPPY" AND "EMILY"!!! AND WOBBYSMASHGUY THEY HAVE TOUGHT ME SOME TIPS I WILL TR YTO DO MY BEST!!!!!!! SEE YOU THERE!!

Wafles

Smash Lord
hEY EVERYBODY THIS IS DARK_KIRBY_WARRIOR I HOPE TO DO GOOD THIS IS MY FIRST TOURNAMENT I AM GOING TO TRY MY BEST !!!!! I LIKE KIRBY I HOPE I CNA BEAT POEPLE WHO USE CHARACTERS LIKE SNAKE AND THINGS, THIS IS MY FIRST TOURNAMENT I HAVE BEEN TRAINING HARD WITH MY BREOTHER!!

DOSE ANYBODY WANT TO PLAY MELEE TOO I LIKE THAT GAME AND SMASH 64!!!! ALSO I HAVE BEEN ON THE M N CHAT AND HAVE BEEN TALKIGN TO FRIENDS "KOALA FIGHT HIM" "AZURE" AND "NAPPY" AND "EMILY"!!! AND WOBBYSMASHGUY THEY HAVE TOUGHT ME SOME TIPS I WILL TR YTO DO MY BEST!!!!!!! SEE YOU THERE!!
sOMEONE SURE LOVES THEIR CAPS LOCK.

DARK_KIRBY_WARRIOR

Smash Rookie
nEVERMIND WOBBYSMASHGUY ISNT GOOD HE IS SAYING THAT GANONDORF AND FALCON ARE GOOD AT BRAWL I THINK HE IS TRYING TO TRICK ME!!!!

ALSO I HEARD IS SAGO THE PROFESSIONAL SAMUS THATS GOING? MY BROTHER SAYS HE IS COMING THE PROGFESSIONAL SAMUS.

hunger!

Smash Champion
Toyman Trial 1 Results (top 3)

Doubles

1. Team Scare Tactics (hunger and grimace)
2. Roster Illusions (sago and fatboy)
3. TEAM NEW FRIENDS FROM MNCHAT FIGHT FOR KIRBY (emily and Dark Kirby Warrior)

Singles

1. hunger
2. fatboy
3. grimace

Sago

Smash Lord
lol this was alot of fun, doubles was cool and singles was a blast. I think unless i travel out of state i might just mess around in singles like i did it was a blast : D i didnt get pissed once

Top Bottom