• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toxtricity, Galar's Punk Pokemon, for Smash!

Which Toxtricity form do you prefer?

• Total voters

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Yesterday was an interesting day.

Toxtricity's gigantamax form is coming out! It appears to correlate with the release of a TCG set, which just so happens to be releasing on Pokemon Day, and a new Mythical Pokemon is supposed to be revealed soon as well. HMMMMMMM is Toxtricity the Carbink to this Mythical. OK I'll admit it, I'm making some wild conspiracy theories here, and besides, this is not preference to the same extent as Cinderace and others. Nonetheless, for Toxtricity to be the released G-Max Pokemon during the countdown to Pokemon Day shows that Game Freak/TPC cares about it, maybe enough to add it to Smash? It's also easier to tell who was the "promotional" Pokemon of the generation in hindsight rather than in the moment, so we'll have to keep waiting it out for the moment.
Speaking of Pokemon Day, the Pokemon of the Year poll started yesterday. While the poll definitely won't have an effect on Toxtricity's chances for Smash, or any other Pokemon's for that matter, it'll be interesting to see where it ranks in the Galar section against other fan favorites like the starters, Dragapult, Dracovish, etc.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Not going to lie; this Pokémon has a very iconic design. Both the blue and yellow forms look awesome. Plus, Poison/Electric is a rare combination, if not the first. I honestly wouldn't mind having this Pokémon over Sword & Shield's starter Pokémon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That’s awesome congratulations Toxtricity you too Corviknight.

D

Deleted member

I definitely wouldn’t mind Toxtricity. I have him on my team.

D

Deleted member

Those are some cool move set ideas.
Good for our punk Pokémon.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Huh, here's something neat
From what it looks like, it might be possible that Sword and Shield were in the works since Sun and Moon and Toxtricity was one of the first Galar Pokemon designed. Purely speculative and not concrete, of course, but that poster's resemblance is too similar for me to say that wasn't the case.

D

Deleted member

That’s amazing if true if they had ideas for Toxtricity and Dynamax and Gigantamax from the start.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
This thread needs more support. Our dude/dudette Toxtricity is what Smash needs. Ever since he was revealed, I made certain I had him on my team in Sword. It’s a unique typing and he’s got a Gigantimax form.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I will reiterate what I said in the Newcomers thread:

I know people are going Gaga over Cinderace, but he literally just got a Gigantimax form earlier this month. Toxtricity has had one established since the game came out. It’s more realistic for Sakurai to be privy to Toxtricity than Cinderace, and any kind of new concept that’s introduced in Pokemon finds its way into Smash, i.e. Mega Evolutions (Lucario, and Mewtwo), Fairy-types (Jigglypuff), Z-Moves (Incineroar), and Toxtricity would serve as the perfect Pokemon to represent Gigantimax forms. I also remember when the starters were first revealed, so many people dunked on their appearance, and immediately dismissed them as fake or terrible designs, and I’m not talking about a select few. It was a pretty vocal majority who hated them. I’ve never seen anyone really say anything negative about Toxtricity, either design or concept-wise. To further denounce is popularity is pretty reckless, honestly. He’s also not as cringeworthy as another Fire starter.

Handy Man

Smash Ace

I know people are going Gaga over Cinderace, but he literally just got a Gigantimax form earlier this month. Toxtricity has had one established since the game came out. It’s more realistic for Sakurai to be privy to Toxtricity than Cinderace, and any kind of new concept that’s introduced in Pokemon finds its way into Smash, i.e. Mega Evolutions (Lucario, and Mewtwo), Fairy-types (Jigglypuff), Z-Moves (Incineroar), and Toxtricity would serve as the perfect Pokemon to represent Gigantimax forms. I also remember when the starters were first revealed, so many people dunked on their appearance, and immediately dismissed them as fake or terrible designs, and I’m not talking about a select few. It was a pretty vocal majority who hated them. I’ve never seen anyone really say anything negative about Toxtricity, either design or concept-wise. To further denounce is popularity is pretty reckless, honestly. He’s also not as cringeworthy as another Fire starter.
I agree with you. I just imagine Cinderace playing like a speedster character with Pyro Ball as a projectile. I’m sure Cinderace could play uniquely, but compared to Toxtricity, who has a defined punk rock personality and an unorthodox movepool, Toxtricity would definitely bring more to Smash in my opinion. Plus, Pokémon as a whole has nearly 900 unique species. A massive percent of them are not starter Pokémon. With Smash already having the Kanto starters, Greninja, and Incineroar, I just want to see more non-starter Pokémon in general represented. We haven’t had a newcomer non-starter representative since Lucario in Brawl, and Toxtricity definitely gives me some Lucario vibes. If Sword and Shield gets a Fighters Pass 2 rep, I really hope it’s Toxtricity specifically.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Let’s just hope Sakurai sees the potential in Toxtricity.

I was thinking, what would the stage be? There really isn’t much of a league per say, so I don’t know. Maybe a traveling stage to see all the sights and sounds of Galar? Or maybe a PokeFloats 2, but we fly over Galar and we can fight on top of Corviknight taxis and the balloons are actual hot air balloons and what not.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Yeah... the designs kinda grew on me. Only one I liked from the start was Rillaboom, which was probably due to my Grass Type starter bias (this happens everytime I play a pokemon game). I'd be happy with either Toxtricity or them. But what Toxtricity needs is some sort of important role. The previous characters from Brawl on were mainly major in a movie.
Lucario: Had a starring role in his own movie
Greninja: Main traveling companion of Ash
Incineroar: Major character as it was one of Kukui/Masked Royal's Pokemon, Ash had one, and Cross? (I think that was his name) had one in I Choose You!.
So I think Toxtricity should get more limelight so he's more known. Then he might be even more popular.

Handy Man

Smash Ace

I was thinking, what would the stage be? There really isn’t much of a league per say, so I don’t know. Maybe a traveling stage to see all the sights and sounds of Galar? Or maybe a PokeFloats 2, but we fly over Galar and we can fight on top of Corviknight taxis and the balloons are actual hot air balloons and what not.
I feel like the stage could either be the Wild Area, or Wyndon Stadium. The Wild Area could be a traveling stage, like New Donk City and Skyloft. However, there would be random Pokémon in the background, and every once in a while, one of them would Dynamax and commence a “raid battle”. The battle would be treated as a stage boss, like on Guar Plain or Dr. Wily’s Castle. Wyndon Stadium could be like a Hyrule Temple or New Pork City sized stage, with the gimmick being that all of the characters get the Super Mushroom effect every minute and a half, as a parody of Dynamaxing. It may also feature something like the transformations of Pokémon Stadium.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

How about one where you fight on top of Eternatus himself?

Edit: He's pretty gigantic and huge.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

While i like the Scorbunny line in the games/anime, I think Cinderace and the speculation behind it screams too much like Dedicueye speculation in general, a bit of a jump-the-gun kind of case and overconfidence because it was in the anime first.
plus the potiental playstyle is a bit generic, i don't think repurposing the Soccer Ball item and being the second fire starter that kicks a lot would give it a "fun and unique" edge over other starters or Toxtricity. Just my opinon tho!
Yeah... the designs kinda grew on me. Only one I liked from the start was Rillaboom, which was probably due to my Grass Type starter bias (this happens everytime I play a pokemon game). I'd be happy with either Toxtricity or them. But what Toxtricity needs is some sort of important role. The previous characters from Brawl on were mainly major in a movie.
Lucario: Had a starring role in his own movie
Greninja: Main traveling companion of Ash
Incineroar: Major character as it was one of Kukui/Masked Royal's Pokemon, Ash had one, and Cross? (I think that was his name) had one in I Choose You!.
So I think Toxtricity should get more limelight so he's more known. Then he might be even more popular.
i pray both Rillaboom and Toxtricity make a prominent apperance in the Coco movie.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
PapaGenos seems to think Toxtricity has a good chance of becoming a Smash character.

While it would be great if Nintendo did take the poll into consideration if a Pokemon is making it in, I don't think the poll is going to have much of an effect as to who the Pokemon would be as I mentioned before. It's a fun and exciting thought as it does make Toxtricity and Dragapult all the more likely, but the poll is most likely not very important. Doesn't change the fact that Toxtricity is one of Galar's often promoted Pokemon.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
The poll was typically another yearly Pokemon polling they had and was made many months after the DLC choices were "locked in".
Unless Pokemon's still magically a planning exception, i do not think it's in the matter.

Plus i PERSONALLY doubt Dragapult would be in the position to be considered, if the DLC development is cheaper than base game newcomers (Inkling, Ridley, Simon, K.Rool, and Incineroar), i imagine Dragapult being in that one similiar position Krystal was in when running to be a last minute addition. (Wolf beat her out for being a easy effort popular choice)

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Nevermind!

I support Toxtricity in Smash by the way. If we do get a Galar rep, I hope its Toxtricity. It has a very unique personality to bring to Smash.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
The poll was typically another yearly Pokemon polling they had and was made many months after the DLC choices were "locked in".
Unless Pokemon's still magically a planning exception, i do not think it's in the matter.

Plus i PERSONALLY doubt Dragapult would be in the position to be considered, if the DLC development is cheaper than base game newcomers (Inkling, Ridley, Simon, K.Rool, and Incineroar), i imagine Dragapult being in that one similiar position Krystal was in when running to be a last minute addition. (Wolf beat her out for being a easy effort popular choice)
Wouldn't Min Min count as a time consuming character to develop with her Arms mechanic?

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Wouldn't Min Min count as a time consuming character to develop with her Arms mechanic?
not even, its just her basic moves being extended to her specials.
sure, its something unorthrodox they had to work on for Smash again, not time-consuming however. It's not doing Pokemon Trainer again where you work on 3 fighters in one or something that isn't usually humanoid or bipedal.
just my opinion however.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
not even, its just her basic moves being extended to her specials.
sure, its something unorthrodox they had to work on for Smash again, not time-consuming however. It's not doing Pokemon Trainer again where you work on 3 fighters in one or something that isn't usually humanoid or bipedal.
just my opinion however.
At the end of the day, I'll be happy with almost any gen 8 pokemon getting in. Even if it's a pokemon i don't like (ex: 2 of 3 starters), smash has that magic of making me like the pokemon more. It's the reason I now like Incineroar & even Mewtwo.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I made a moveset for Toxtricity:

Intro: Toxtricity pops out of a Poké Ball.

Stance/Idle 1: Based loosely on its stance from SwSh, which changes depending on its forms.
  • Amped Toxtricity bobs its head up and down
  • Low Key Toxtricity moves its body left and right while its arms slightly flail
Idle 2: Amped Toxtricity strums its belly like it’s playing a guitar.

Idle 3: Low Key Toxtricity looks down on the opponent with a smug expression.

Notable Palette Swaps:
  • Amped Form (default)
  • Low Key Form (alternate)
  • Shiny Amped Form (red/purple/yellow)
  • Shiny Low Key Form (red/purple/blue)
  • Amped Obstagoon (black/white)
  • Low Key Obstagoon (black/white)
  • Amped Toxel (purple/white)
  • Low Key Shiny Toxel (light red/purple/white)

Walk: Toxtricity walks with a smug gesture.

Dash: Toxtricity runs swiftly as it brings its left and right arms upwards. The animation for Low Key is slightly slower than the animation for Amped.

Damage: Toxtricity’s eyes pop out as it makes a pained facial expression.

Jump: Toxtricity jumps once and uses an electric sound wave to jump again, slightly higher.

Crouch: Similar to King Dedede’s crouch; the Amped and Low Key Forms both face opposite sides.

Weapon of Choice: Toxtricity’s fighting style is centered around punk rock while also using traditional Pokémon moves.

Normal Attacks
Jab: Uproar; Toxtricity hits the opponent twice with two small masses of electricity shaped drum sticks (4%, small knockback), and then turns them into a guitar shape as it rocks out in a flurry attack that ends with a stronger strum (5%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Belch; Toxtricity does a small burp in front of the opponent (4%, small knockback)
Down+A: Toxic; Toxtricity slides its foot on the ground and leaves a small poison bubble (6%, small knockback)
Up+A: Flail; Toxtricity swings its arms three times above its head (6%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Spark; Toxtricity emits a small burst of electricity from its body, similar to Mewtwo’s Neutral Air (8%, small knockback)
Air Forward+A: Toxtricity swings its guitar-shaped mass in front of itself (11%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Toxtricity swings its guitar-shaped mass behind of itself (11%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Toxtricity spins its guitar-shaped mass above its head (12%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Body Slam; Toxtricity falls belly first onto the ground (15%, OK knockback), which briefly stuns opponents on the ground.

Dash Attack: Poison Jab; Toxtricity sucker punches the opponent with its poison-induced claws (11%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Toxtricity rolls back onto the stage (7%, small knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Toxtricity briefly expels electricity from its body (6%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Thunder Punch; Toxtricity charges electricity in its fists and unleashes a shocking(no pun intended)ly powerful punch (25%, medium)
Up+A: Metal Sound; Toxtricity screeches with a metal-like noise (22%, medium knockback) that stuns opponents on the ground.
Down+A: Boomburst; Toxtricity takes its guitar-shaped electric mass and slams it on the ground like an axe (27%, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Toxtricity grabs the target with both hands.
Pummel: Nuzzle; Toxtricity zaps the opponent with its cheeks (1%)
Forwards+Throw: Poison Breath; Toxtricity spews poisonous gas that pushes the target (13%, medium knockback) and hits nearby opponents (9%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Thunderbolt; Toxtricity summons a bolt of thunder from the sky (14%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Fling; Toxtricity throws the target a long distance (10%, far knockback)
Up+Throw: Thunder Wave; Toxtricity surrounds itself in a dome of electricity (20%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Sludge Bomb
; pressing B causes Toxtricity to gurgle its mouth with poison. Pressing B has it shoot the poison in the form of a large ball that goes a short distance. If it hits an opponent, they are poisoned on contact (20%, OK knockback); if it hits the floor, it creates a poison puddle that rapidly damages opponents (22%)
B + Forwards : Electro Ball; Toxtricity tosses a ball of electricity at the target; the attack’s power depends on the speed of the target
  • Slow characters take 30% damage
  • Normal speed characters take 18% damage
  • Fast characters take 10% damage
B + Up : Venoshock; Toxtricity flies up super high in an acidic wave, similar in aesthetic to Fox and Falco’s recovery (10%, OK knockback). Pressing B again at any point before the helpless state (which is totally optional) allows Toxtricity to shoot that wave again to wherever the control stick is tilted (15%, OK knockback)
B + Down : Overdrive; Toxtricity rocks out as it strums its guitar-shaped electric mass, emitting several sound waves (13% each, OK knockback). The move’s power weakens over time.

Final Smash: Punk Rock Duet; Toxtricity gets together with its opposite form and the two perform a duet. They both emit tons of electricity for 10 seconds (20%, OK knockback), and then strum one last time as 10 flares sprout from both sides (5% each, OK knockback)

Gimmick: N/A

Taunts
1: Toxtricity strums its belly.
2: Toxtricity does a pose similar to a certain KISS member.
1+2: Toxtricity strikes a pose similar to that of the Galarian Champion.

Winposes

Amped Form
1: Toxtricity slides in on its knees and slams its guitar-shaped mass on the ground.
2: Toxtricity spins both of its drumstick-shaped electric masses and strikes a pose.

Low Key Form
1: Toxtricity spins around and strikes a pose resembling the Galarian Champion.
2: Toxtricity walks for a bit, then strikes a glare at the camera.

3: Both forms of Toxtricity rock out together.

Applause: Amped Toxtricity angrily mumbles to itself; Low Key Toxtricity looks away while giving a defeated round of applause.

Icon: The Pokémon series icon.

Boxing Ring Title:
Amped Form: The Hardy Heavy Metal
Low Key Form: The Relaxed Bass

Star K.O.: Toxtricity screams while making the sound of a guitar.

Victory Music: A hard rock version of the Hall of Fame theme.

Kirby Hat: The head of Toxel, the previous form of Toxtricity.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Toxtricity is my second favorite Gen 8 Pokémon after Orbeetle. I would be really happy if it made it in. I imagine they would have an alternate outfit between its amped and low key forms.

D

Deleted member

Agreed on that. Yeah Toxtricity would have some cool stuff.

Handy Man

Smash Ace

If we get a Pokémon character announced for Smash in the upcoming Nintendo Direct, I really hope that it’s Toxtricity specifically. I feel like so many people are sleeping on Toxtricity’s chances, Toxtricity is one of the most popular Pokémon to be introduced from Gen 8.

Top Bottom