• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toxtricity, Galar's Punk Pokemon, for Smash!

Which Toxtricity form do you prefer?

• Total voters

Goombaic

Smash Ace

Who is this peculiar lizard?
Toxtricity is one the newly introduced Pokemon in Sword and Shield and the most recent one to get a baby Pokemon in the form of Toxel. It is a Poison/Electric type Pokemon with two forms, Amped (Yellow) and Low Key (Blue). Toxel evolves into either of these forms depending on its original nature.

Why Toxtricity?
Toxtricity is one of the most popular Pokemon introduced in Sword and Shield.

It appears Toxtricity won't be ignored by the Pokemon Company or Game Freak either. Toxtricity's G-Max form released during Pokemon Day. Seeing as Snorlax and Melmetal, a fan-favorite Pokemon and an event Pokemon, were the only other G-Max forms not released in the game's launch, and that Toxtricity does have some importance to Galar's lore, potentially being the first G-Max Pokemon, this does give Toxtricity a bump as a promotional Pokemon.

Most importantly, Toxtricity has the potential for a unique moveset based around its punk personality. As a poison type and a punk, it can be a messy fighter and use its literal electric guitar to beat its opponents with. Being a poison type alone already gives Toxtricity potential to work as a unique character in Smash. Pairing that up with the personality of a punk makes Toxtricity a fighter that isn't presented like anyone else currently in Smash.

The Sword and Shield Spirit event does put a damper on a Gen 8 Pokemon being a DLC character, but seeing as the spirits were only Pokemon revealed prior to Sword and Shield's release, Toxtricity itself has not been relegated to Spirit status and could show up as a DLC fighter with the full stage/music/spirit board package.

Besides, Smash Pokemon speculation has been dominated by starter Pokemon for too long, so how about a non-starter for a change?

Moveset and Other Content:

So Toxicitry's gimmick is that he can "poison" the opponent with his poison-type moves. When poisoned, the opponent will lose healthy very slowly (like 0.1% per 2 to 3 seconds). They will be covered in purple sludge (similar to Inkling's ink).

B-Neutral: Overdrive: Strums the ticks on his belly, and shoots electricity in front of him.
B-Side: Hex: Eyes glow, summoning purple energy+floating fire a few spaces in front of him, damaging whoever is within: if they are "poisoned", it does more damage and has more knockback
B-Down: Discharge: Charge move, Surrounds himself with electricity and then releases it all around him. The longer he charges, the larger the radius of the outburst as well as more damage and knockback
B-Up: Spark: Turns into a ball of electricity and can go in any one direction the player chooses. Can hurt opponents if they are in the way, but odes not grant invincibility.
A-Dash: Wild Charge: Dashes forward with his arm out like a shoulder tackle while surrounded with electricity. Does a bit of damage to himself if he hits the target.
A-Neutral: Poison Jab: Classic 1-2-flurry of punches. "Poisons" the opponent.
F-Tilt: Thunder Punch: punches in front of him with a bit of electricity
U-Tilt: Acid: fires a small poison ball from his mouth upward a few spaces, "poisoning" the opponent
D-Tilt: Acid Spray: kicks some acid that slides a few spaces in front of him, "poisoning" the opponent
F-Smash: Boombburst: Strums the ticks on his belly, firing a shockwave in front of him, sending opponents flying
U-Smash: Sludge Bomb: Fires a few medium poison balls from his mouth upward a few spaces, "poisoning" the opponent, sending opponents flying upward.
D-Smash: Sludge Wave: kicks a medium poison wave a few spaces in front of him, "poisoning" the opponent, sending opponents flying
N-Air: Shock Wave: crosses his arms and than breaks them, releasing electricity around him
F-Air: Megapunch: A powerful forward punch in front of him
B-Air: Mega Kick: A powerful back kick
U-Air: Hyper Voice: Shouts above him, hitting a few spaces above with sound-waves
D-Air: Thunderbolt: Fires a a lightning bolt beneath him, hitting
Grab: Generic grab with with both hands Pummel: Nuzzle, shocks his opponents with his cheeks
F-Throw: "Flings" his opponent forward
B-Throw: "Flings" his opponent behind U-Throw: Throws opponent upward into the air and fires an electroball at them
D-Throw: Throws opponent to the ground and "throat chops" them
Final Smash: Gigamax Stun Shock: Upon activation, turns area into a Dynamax Arena, and he Gigantamaxes into his giant Gigantamax form: He uses the G-max move Stun Shock, which involves him summoning a literal "electric guitar," and slams it on the ground, summoning a massive light of energy and lightning, hitting the ground, creating a giant light explosion

Alternates between its Amped and Low Key forms. Colors are mostly unique and aren't really based on anything with the exception of the black and brown alternates, which are based on Obstagoon and Rillaboom, two other Galar Pokemon themed around music.
Toxtricity's route is themed around characters who use instruments or sing, have rhythm mechanics in their games, or a stage with a musician. The reference in the route's title is self-explanatory.

Fight 1: Toon Link
Toon Link can use the Wind Waker, a conductor's wand, as an instrument, and in general, Links are musically gifted. The fight takes place in Pirate Ship.

Fight 2: Kirby and King Dedede
Kirby is capable of using the Mike copy ability to sing terribly. There is a rhythm sub-game in Kirby Triple Deluxe featuring Dedede, Dedede's Drum Dash, where he has to bounce on drums in time with the music. The fight takes place in Dream Land.

Fight 3: Mario
Mario himself may not know how to play an instrument himself, but Mayor Pauline certainly does. The fight takes place in New Donk City.

Fight 4: Villager and Isabelle
The Villager may not be the best player of the instruments they can place in their house, but Isabelle knows how to sing well enough. K.K. Slider is the real star, though. The fight takes place in Smashville.

Fight 5: Lucas
Their is a mechanic in Mother 3 that allows the player to perform a combo as long as the player taps A in time with the music. The fight takes place in New Pork City.

Fight 6: Jigglypuff
Sing. The fight takes place in Pokemon Stadium 3.

Boss Fight: Ganondorf to Ganon
Ganondorf seems to be pretty musically gifted like every other Zelda character, seen as he can play an organ like the sinister tyrant he is. I like to think Toxtricity took on Link's mission after defeating him.
I guess these technically don't have to come with a fighter, but I thought it would be nice for Toxtricity to bring a few.

Eiscue Hat: That's right, just a hat. No penguin costume, just Eiscue's ice cube head. I hate Eiscue, but a Mii with its head would be funny.
Cinderace Outfit (Brawler): There were other strong Pokemon candidates, but ultimately I decided on Cinderace based on how easy it'd be to convert it into a Mii and the fact that the human characters are acknowledged every once in a blue moon (sorry Bea).
Axe (Swordfighter), Pulseman (Pulseman), Jill (Gunner): All these characters come from games developed by Game Freak.
Stage and Spirit Battles to be detailed.
Full moveset to be added.

Goombaic
Perkilator
RealPokeFan11
Handy Man
dimensionsword64
collater333
LoZ00
CrusherMania1592
ZenythSmash
smileMasky
Kremling Man
Mamboo07
Opelucid
RandomAce
Garteam

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I SUPPORT! Toxtricity is by far my favorite Gen 8 Pokemon.

Suggestions: Each alt color should have both an amped up and low key variant, with 16 alts total. Maybe the second alt could be replaced by its shiny form.

Maybe replace Belch with Throat Spray, which increases overall damage output, and transforms Overdrive into Boomburst, dealing massive damage and knockback. The spray lasts 15 seconds and has 4 uses per stock.

Gunk Shot should also explode on impact, dealing damage and inflicting poison on the opponent.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Maybe replace Belch with Throat Spray, which increases overall damage output, and transforms Overdrive into Boomburst, dealing massive damage and knockback. The spray lasts 15 seconds and has 4 uses per stock.
That does give Toxtricity a more unique gimmick that isn't burping Wario and emphasizes that it is a singer. If I thought of that, I would have used Sludge Bomb instead of Gunk Shot as its side special because I basically based Gunk Shot around Belch. I don't know if I prefer that to a disgusting punk that doesn't care what others think of it, though. This just makes me miss custom moves.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I support Toxtricity. It's pretty clear that he's the most popular Pokemon introduced in Sword and Shield. His build is perfect for Smash, plus he could have four costumes in Amped form and four costumes in Low Key form. He has an easy final smash too, utilizing his currently unreleased Gigantamax form. Plus, I am personally exhausted with starters becoming playable characters. It would be refreshing if we had a "Lucario" type of representative for another generation. Lastly, with access to moves like Poison Jab, Sludge Wave, Overdrive, and Boomburst, I guarantee he wouldn't play like any other character in Smash. If a Gen 8 representative had to be added as Smash DLC, Toxtricity would definitely be my pick.

BlueKirbySquad

Smash Cadet
Number 3 most wanted Pokemon in smash, after Chandelure and Parasect. Gotta love him. G-MAX Final Smash

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Had one of these guys on my team, and I'd love to see it in Smash. The one potential concern I have is the fact that Low Key and Amped Form have different animations, what with them having different number of chest organs and different personalities. I hope that if Toxtricity did make it in, they would pull a first (unless I'm mistaken) and give some of its alternate costumes slightly different models and animations. Either way, though, I support!

collater333

Smash Rookie
Yep, I'm a Toxtricity supporter. I liked both forms, and think they would be cool having the option to have both of them, with their own unique colour schemes (similar to Olimber to Alpha and Bowser Jr. to Koopalings).

My top 3 SwSh Pokemon I would want in Smash are: Rillaboom, Obstagoon, Toxtricity.

I'm going to try and come up with a moveset later on.

collater333

Smash Rookie
I hope that if Toxtricity did make it in, they would pull a first (unless I'm mistaken) and give some of its alternate costumes slightly different models and animations. Either way, though, I support!
I would say they have with the likes of Koopalings and Alph as well as the different gender of some of the fighters...though not different animations. Those would be the echo fighters.

I don't see it as difficult to have both amped and low key form. IMO it would be easier than other costume changes above unless they were really dead set on different animations...and even then, I still don't think that would be that difficult of a task.

Also I see I am the only one to vote for low key. XD

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I would say they have with the likes of Koopalings and Alph as well as the different gender of some of the fighters...though not different animations. Those would be the echo fighters.

I don't see it as difficult to have both amped and low key form. IMO it would be easier than other costume changes above unless they were really dead set on different animations...and even then, I still don't think that would be that difficult of a task.

Also I see I am the only one to vote for low key. XD
I think the biggest problem regarding animations is the fact that the Low Key and Amped forms have a different number of chest organs. Having them have the exact same animations would mean that the Amped form would never strum the bottom two organs, which would be a little odd.

collater333

Smash Rookie
I think the biggest problem regarding animations is the fact that the Low Key and Amped forms have a different number of chest organs. Having them have the exact same animations would mean that the Amped form would never strum the bottom two organs, which would be a little odd.
I think it is a very minor change in animation...I really hope they don't use that as an excuse.

Also I just came up with a moveset. I will post it when I get home.

Last edited:

collater333

Smash Rookie
Alright so here it is, the moveset I made up for Toxicitry in all its glory. Hope you guys like it! =)

Edit: Welp, the spoiler tag isn't showing up, so I'll just post the whole thing here. If the TC adds it to his OP, I'll delete this. Sorry for the inconvenience. :\

Edit#2:: The TC added it in his OP so I deleted it here to not clog up space. =)

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So there's a rumor going around that the pokemon that is seen in the side of that hill in the first full trailer for the game, is actually a gigantamax toxtricity.
They do have striking similarities. It is possible that something based around this could occur in the future.
pokemon_sword_and_shield_runes.0.jpg
pokemon-sword-shield-gigantamax-toxtricity-002.jpg

Goombaic

Smash Ace
So there's a rumor going around that the pokemon that is seen in the side of that hill in the first full trailer for the game, is actually a gigantamax toxtricity.
They do have striking similarities. It is possible that something based around this could occur in the future. View attachment 252564View attachment 252565
I do find it very likely that that Pokemon is Toxtricity. It really feels like Toxtricity will be a Pokemon that will be heavily promoted this generation, seeing as it might be the only Galar Pokemon that's getting an unique event during Sword and Shield's life cycle.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I actually think Toxtricity has a really good shot for fighter pass two. With the addition of Byleth, it shows that Nintendo doesn't care about how many representatives a series has. Plus, with Sword and Shield bringing the latest generation, it would be a great way to promote the most recent titles in the same way that Byleth does with Three Houses. The Gen 8 rep could be another Pokemon, but I personally think that Toxtricity would be a fun character choice, so I'm rooting for him. The wait begins!

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Not a big fan of S/S but Galar region did manage to have some cool favorites like Tox
Add me on the supporter list :D

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Add me, I'm still looking for a shiny of him. But I got him a perfect IV. I hope he gets both a poison and stun attacks for his moveset. Though I can see him being a slow average moving character.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Byleth getting in is huge for 1st party supporters in general. With that said, Toxtricity's chances only keep going up, with the only roadblock being that its distinction as the only Galar Pokemon with an upcoming Gigantamax form is no longer true with the upcoming DLC giving the starters Gigantamax forms and Toxtricity's form itself potentially being locked behind the DLC. Despite that, it's still possible that it will correlate with an event instead like Snorlax. Hopefully, Toxtricity ends up being one of the first characters in Season 2.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I think at this point they may go the route of lucario. In terms of his inclusion. I mean game freak is not ignoring him, it seems likely that have big plans for him. I'd say he has a stronger presence than the starters as for popularity. There is also info on a TCG expansion with Toxtricity being the poster boys for it coming I believe February in Japan. He's got to have something at least with In the 2nd Pass

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think at this point they may go the route of lucario. In terms of his inclusion. I mean game freak is not ignoring him, it seems likely that have big plans for him. I'd say he has a stronger presence than the starters as for popularity. There is also info on a TCG expansion with Toxtricity being the poster boys for it coming I believe February in Japan. He's got to have something at least with In the 2nd Pass
I would be shocked if he wasn’t included. Popularity is boosting like crazy. The question is: did Nintendo look into who fits for S/S?

D

Deleted member

Inteleon and Toxtricity both Pokemon I adore two of my favourites if I had to have one I’d want it to be Toxtricity you have my support!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I support Toxtricity for Smash! (My most wanted Gen 8 rep are both Zacian and Zazamenta, also I would be fine with Zacian/Zazamenta and Toxtricity both getting into Smash.)

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'm on board with this. I really feel like we'll end up getting a Galar Pokemon after Byleth got added, and I feel like Toxtricity would be a really fun addition. What stage do you guys think we would get from Sword and Shield?

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm on board with this. I really feel like we'll end up getting a Galar Pokemon after Byleth got added, and I feel like Toxtricity would be a really fun addition. What stage do you guys think we would get from Sword and Shield?
Hammerlocke Stadium with Eternatus as Stage Boss. (Or Pokemon Stadium 3 with Dark/Dragon/Fairy and Poison typing, also Gigantamax Pokemon as stage hazards.)

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
You guys think they'll give him a voice or just the bass/electric guitar sound. Personally I want him to have a scraggly voice you know, like some what of an impish voice but not too goblin like. And not a DEEP voice.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Another Pokemon Stadium is the most likely option to me. SwSh is big on the sports feel so I'd be surprised if they didn't choose the gyms as a stage.
You guys think they'll give him a voice or just the bass/electric guitar sound. Personally I want him to have a scraggly voice you know, like some what of an impish voice but not too goblin like. And not a DEEP voice.
Something scraggly would be the second best outcome, the best being that it just screams like Guzzlord.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I was thinking something similar to Incineroar but slightly higher pitched and a bass guitar echo in the voice. Voice clip 13 is the closest thing to what I'm thinking.

Also without the tiger growling.

Guzzlord would sound too ridiculous tbh

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Another Pokemon Stadium is the most likely option to me. SwSh is big on the sports feel so I'd be surprised if they didn't choose the gyms as a stage.

Something scraggly would be the second best outcome, the best being that it just screams like Guzzlord.
So what you are saying is give him the tom and Jerry voice

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I’ll support Toxtricity, it’s probably my favorite Gen 8 Pokémon.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I believe a new Pokemon is sort of an inevitability so if we get one then I hope it's Toxtricity, I like it's design and I think it's cooler than most Gen 8 Pokemon that I've seen thrown around as possibilities for Smash.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind getting Motostoke as a stage with. Cycling through the city you can see the Wild Area in the background while being on a platform and going through Motostoke Stadium Pokemon would Dynamax in the background. Of course and you could hear the crowd cheering on the combatants.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I haven't played Sword/Shield, but even I can admit Toxtricity is super cool. Sound powers, toxic ooze, and electrokinesis wrapped in a punk rock persona? Hell yeah. I'd love to join the supporter list.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Do you think they'll be the first character to be revealed in Vol.2? He seems to be a good pick for mid ranking hype.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Do you think they'll be the first character to be revealed in Vol.2? He seems to be a good pick for mid ranking hype.
Toxtricity strikes me more as a mid to late entry. Pokemon tend to be announced later, and I think they're gonna start with someone who's really gonna capture headlines, similar to Joker

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I can see Toxtricity being fighter #8 or #9. Around that time, the Sword and Shield expansion pass could be complete, and his Gigantamax form may be revealed by then. If Toxtricity comes with Sword and Shield songs, then Nintendo may want to wait for the expansion pass to finish, as it may include some brand new songs that Sakurai would want in Smash.

D

Deleted member

I think if he ends up happening it'll be later. Probably start of strong with someone like Crash, or Dante. Then get some other great picks in there like Geno, and then maybe end on it. I do think it's a great pick regardless. Though and would be happy whenever it comes.

Top Bottom