• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Town & Sydney, An Australian Major Smash Tournament July 10th - 12th

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Yo is anything important happening on the Friday?
Funds are limited and Friday night has the cheap flight im afterrrrr

Splice

Smash Hero
we will have time on Friday night for crew matches so yeah get discussing, likely to have about 4-5hrs for this stuff
@ J-Birds J-Birds I dunno what time friday night gords means but yeah looks like maybe crews will be then?

Gords

Smash Champion
Friday 5-10 pm venue will be open for players. Currently looking to start things at 6pm. Hopefully we can fit 4 crew matches in

S.D

Smash Master
Inner city hostels (near central station) might be the best bet for groups who can't find housing.
You can get dorms pretty cheap and split it like 10 ways in some cases.
Food for thought.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I'm already housing two people so please don't ask me. I've had several additional requests already and I can't fulfill them :/ I still live with the rest of my family so housing any more than two is an impossibility at the moment.

Also, @ Gords Gords since you think 4 crews can happen I'm sure I can mix up some form of a PM exhibition as it seems there's already Melee and Smash 4 ones in the works as well :)

Last edited:

Snoc

New Kid on the Block
with 8 you guys are better off all putting in for paid accom, split between 8 of you would be cheap as hell man.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
you might need to contact people yourself on facebook, some of the guys in the list I posted before don't use smashboards. I'd try to hook you up but i'm too busy until the weekend to sort that stuff out.

EDIT: just be like "yo dikked gimme a house aye"

Last edited:

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
ok im pretty committed to going. Nothing confirmed yet but, figuring out housings would be nice.
Whats happening to the QLD melee crew? might just follow them. Ill follow J-birds like I did 5 years ago so he can look after me lol

Hey I know you, Deez. I think we played Splatoon together and while I was trolling, you trolled with me. I was very happy.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
dear oos: i live in a 5-story behemoth in the depths of the north shore; if i know you, you shall be housed!

Meredy

The Busterina
Woxy Woo; save me a spot for if I can get transport confirmed pweaze~

Gords

Smash Champion
OP has been updated with Events, address, registration details and will be further updated in the near future.

But for now Online Registration is now up and REQUIRED for any Main Event entry.

Registration closes at 11pm Sunday 5th July.

Check the OP for details

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
VENUE ENTRY
  • Competitor Pass $40 - required for Main Event Entry
    (purchase required through online checkout)

MAIN EVENTS

Each of the following events will be $10 per person
Does this mean competitors will need to pay $40 registration and then a further $10 for each game they want to compete in? So if you wanted to play in all of these events for example (I realise most players would only play in one or two), you'll be paying up $110? Seems pretty steep. Am I reading that right?

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Does this mean competitors will need to pay $40 registration and then a further $10 for each game they want to compete in? So if you wanted to play in all of these events for example (I realise most players would only play in one or two), you'll be paying up $110? Seems pretty steep. Am I reading that right?
$40 is reasonable to cover venue fee for a three day major tournament. The $10 for each event goes to the prize pool of each respective event and is also reasonable, considering the scale of the tournament.

Gords

Smash Champion
yes that is correct.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
putting this out there just in case some people misinterpret it, the $40 covers entry for all 3 days.

Metà

Smash Master
Hey guys, Mojo Monkey here, I am trying to book my ticket by this Friday, and if I am able to do that then I will be 100% confirmed attending this. Can anyone help me out with housing/accommodation from Friday morning to Monday afternoon? That's when the cheapest flights are. I am down to play endless friendlies/seriouslies in Melee or PM, just need a place to rest my head for the weekend.

Also, in the event I make it, who wants to team in Melee or PM? @ Jamwa Jamwa PM? @ CAOTIC CAOTIC Melee? @CF_Spud try again??? Also looking for some money matches, since I didn't get many last time I went. $5-20 in either game, and we can do critique/review after. In addition to Puff and DK I also play a fairly strong Fox, Falco, Peach, Sheik, Yoshi, and pretty much any character that isn't Ice Climbers.

@ J-Birds J-Birds I'm still looking for that DK ditto mm ;)
Jamwa puff/DK vs ness?
CAOTIC the runback? close games last set we played
@ Kaiza Kaiza dk vs falco?
@ Splice Splice puff vs falco or dk vs G&W

Who wants to house a Canadian/Honorary Kiwi??

-Mojo Monkey

Jamwa

Smash Champion
@ Metà Metà I got billy for pm so im available for melee
puff v ness $10 if u win $50 if i win bo5 yeah
we can do a ness vs dk $10 bo5 too if im not too broke lmao

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
95% sure I'll go to this since I'll be in Sydney over that period anyway, should make up for me missing BAM which I swore would be my last smash event, left me with an odd feeling like I never finished properly.
Probably won't compete (haven't played any smash game in a long time, or the last time I played Grim/Mason which was late last year iirc) but will be loud and annoying.

Also that FB thing you posted about needing $400 (Spudraiser or something?), consider it done (to make up with all my yo-yoing about BAM and then not going then other stuff).
Plus I said I would probably house Gords for BAM then changed my mind, so w/e, I've (just now) put $400 into it which should make up for the uncertainty I had around BAM.

Details
Sent to Gordon Ranger
$400.00
Fee
-negative $9.90
Total
$409.90
Wub Sydney (trust me my participation rate for Sydney events is much higher, plus I already have work off for most of July, my 30th birthday and all and in Sydney so why not aye). <3 :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
Looking for teammate in melee/pm (if macky goes then I won't need a teammate for melee then but I'm not sure if he is)

PM: Took a game off lucky in PM last year and made Shadowloo bracket

Melee : Took a game off skeletom and beat sydney's own MC 2-0 in pools at BAM

money matches are accepted too

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
some of everything, will post a stream schedule after i post a schedule

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
So...what are the rules? I only ask because you mentioned they would be up by June 20.

Also, what exactly is happening on the Friday?

Last edited:

NextPain

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nextpain
Do I have to pay $40 if I just go 1/2 days can I just pay the amount per day?

Gords

Smash Champion
Also, what exactly is happening on the Friday?
crews, money matches and friendlies
Do I have to pay $40 if I just go 1/2 days can I just pay the amount per day?
the $40 is a flat rate for the weekend and goes into covering running costs such as hiring of the venue. whether you come for 1 day or 3 days it will cost you $40 if you intend to enter a main event

Last edited:
Top Bottom