• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Town & Sydney, An Australian Major Smash Tournament July 10th - 12th

Gords

Smash Champion
Australia has had some fierce competition for Smash throughout 2015.
Queensland saw Australia's best Dekar defeated by the hands of S.D. at Brisbane's ButtonSmash in February, and Victoria showcased the talents of international super stars at the recent BAM7 in Melbourne, where new talent was also discovered with Spud from New Zealand out placing all other Australians in Melee.
Well now it's New South Wales turn. The State that's home to the Smash City and where everybody has a Smashing Good Time. Introducing Australia's next Major Smash Tournament

Town & Sydney.
The real Smashville.

https://www.facebook.com/events/551105998360705/

This will be the tournament that decides who really is the best Melee player across Australia and New Zealand. No Gods, just us mere mortals battling against our own rivals.
This will be the tournament Australian Smash 4 exposes customs moves to see what they really bring to the table. Our own taste of EVO only a week before the worlds display.

DETAILS

When: Friday 10th July - Sunday 12th July

Where: Ashfield Civic Centre (in the Activity Rooms)

260 Liverpool Road ASHFIELD NSW 2131

Just 2 minutes walk from Ashfield Train Station

REGISTRATION

Online Registration is now up and REQUIRED for any Main Event entry.

Registration closes at 11pm Sunday 5th July.

Please fill out this form
Town & Sydney Registration Form

Once completed you will be given a link to the entry order page to pay and finalize registration. Please select the games you have registered for on the form and proceed to checkout where you can use your PayPal, Debit card or Credit card to make payment.

ON THE PAYPAL PAYMENT PAGE PLEASE PUT THE NAME/S OF THOSE BEING PAID FOR IN THE NOTES SECTION,
that way we can match your PayPal payment to your registration form

Once payment has been successfully received you will be sent a PayPal email from Gordon Ranger, the Head Tournament Director for Town & Sydney, confirming your payment and registration has been successful.

VENUE ENTRY

To enter into the venue you will need to purchase a pass. All entry pass will cover your entry into the venue for all 3 days. There are 3 available passes:
  • Competitor Pass $40 - required for Main Event Entry
    (purchase required through online checkout)
  • Casual Pass $10 - required for side event entry and friendlies
    (can be purchased through online checkout or at the door)
  • Spectator Pass - for those that want to watch all the action only
    (free and offered at the door)

MAIN EVENTS

Each of the following events will be $10 per person

Singles for:
  • SSB Melee
  • SSB for WiiU
  • Project M
  • SSB 64
Doubles for
  • SSB Melee
  • SSB for WiiU
  • Project M

SIDE EVENTS

All side events will be subject to time constraints and entry is restricted to those with a casual pass or above.

Side events include:
  • Friday Night Crews (free)
  • Amiibo Only tournament (free).
  • Super Smash Bros 64 Doubles ($5)
  • Amateur Brackets for Melee, Smash WiiU and Project M (free)
(amateur brackets will be for those who just missed out on getting out of their pools)

RULES.

The rules used for Town & Sydney will be the Sydney Smash Rules
Which can be viewed using the following link
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PcBze29npznrDDZeygv2zwNY_5ftH-V1hhcBTLFfB38/edit?usp=sharing

SPUDRAISER
(sorry @Kaiza, hope you don't mind me stealing this)

We would like to bring over rising talent Spud from New Zealand to compete, but we need your help. We would like to raise at least $500 to make this happen. If you are interested in donating to this cause donations can be made via PayPal to the following email address

sydneysmashbros@gmail.com

For every $10 donated you will be entered into a draw to win $50 JB HI-FI gift voucher
Any money received over what is needed to get Spud to Town & Sydney will be put into helping top Aus and NZ Smashers to Sydney.

Last edited:

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Showing interest in this. Really upset I couldnt make it to BAM this year and would like to catch up with the Sydney people again.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Too soon, definitely needed more notice than this. Won't be able to secure leave.

Even then, most important question, are customs legal?

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Even then, most important question, are customs legal?
This will be the tournament Australian Smash 4 exposes customs moves to see what they really bring to the table. Our own taste of EVO only a week before the worlds display.
Yes they are. Refer to this post for more information regarding customs.

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
The customs rules in that post will be reviewed before Town & Sydney but it will be similar to that nonetheless.
After Town & Sydney and EVO Sydney will reevaluate it stance on custom moves in tournament.

@ Attila_ Attila_ @ Leisha Leisha and anyone else where notice was/is an issue
Sorry about this. Friday events won't be actual tournament sets. If this changes anything. This tournament is independently run by Sydney Smash and even though I and the lead guys at ACL tried to make it work so that we were at ACL this year again, it fell through. Hence the late notice. Next year there will be plenty of notice though.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Can bring up to 4 CRTs and PM/Melee capable Wii's plus a recording setup. A little birdie told me at least three Melbournians are planning to drive up for the event, so they can help me with transferring some gear to the venue. Very excited for this :)

@ Gords Gords contact me again if you need the super large CRT that you used last year for ACL, you'd have to organise a way to transport it there though.

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
I'd be mad keen for this if I could find someone to drive up with. I'd of course contribute to costs and the like.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
You don't count as the region unless you started out there

NZ suck overall, you got 1 good player GW, feel free to challenge any east coast state to a 5v5 with people actually originating from your region

Last edited:

Metà

Smash Master
the damage control LOL

if I'm not NZ then why'd I have the NZ icon next to my name??? checkm8

even with just spud tho NZ has improved infinitely since SSV. from 0 good players to 1 good player? it's a good start i think :) we're working on bringing the others up to par, but it'll take some time and hard work.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
It's not damage control meta lol, cao hasn't lived in VIC for like 4 years and he has always been vic, same story with S.D and NSW. It's how we do in in Australia, but I guess NZ people dunno how to do nuthin rite.

PS I'm marrying a kiwi so you can't call me a hater that how it works right?

Metà

Smash Master
ahh, let's all just chill yeah?? no h8 m8, just a silly deb8. i r8 the b8 8/8

anyway we're all commonwealth, how about that queen eh???

(ps you can vs the NZ crew if you let me and spud enter our own crew using our secondaries LOL)

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ahh, let's all just chill yeah?? no h8 m8, just a silly deb8. i r8 the b8 8/8

anyway we're all commonwealth, how about that queen eh???

(ps you can vs the NZ crew if you let me and spud enter our own crew using our secondaries LOL)
Nah aus all about that SoO, nz needs to get on that train get your real locals up and running

Gords

Smash Champion
SpudRaiser Details
(sorry @ Kaiza Kaiza , hope you dont mind me steeling this)

We would like to bring over rising talent Spud from New Zealand to compete, but we need your help. We would like to raise at least $500 to make this happen. If you are interested in donating to this cause donations can be made via PayPal to the following email address

sydneysmashbros@gmail.com

For every $10 donated you will be entered into a draw to win $50 JB HI-FI gift voucher
Any money received over what is needed to get Spud to Town & Sydney will be put into helping other top Aus and NZ Smashers to Sydney.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
I'll money match anyone on NSW Melee PR $10 each Bo5

And I'm calling out Mytus + Kai or Rob if they come coz we didn't MM at BAM
Also Chris T. I wanna play that guy again

:reverse: My GnW is also available depending on what character you play (pls no falco etc.) :reverse:

Last edited:

GTR

Smash Cadet
Should get some crew battles formulated for Melee since we kind of missed out on them at BAM7 =/

Once again the UNSW Smash Brothers Society Crew are open for challenges from other Smash university groups.
Unfortunately I won't be at Town and Sydney but I'm sure Phibzy, MC, Cunchy and such will be.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
UNSW vs MELBOURNE UNI crew can defs happen!

We might have enough VIC attendance to rep for Vic vs. NSW too,
So far Atticus, Blaxxon and myself are confirmed (+ Cao??), if Redact or Dekar came down too, then it'd start to look pretty good :D

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
we will have time on Friday night for crew matches so yeah get discussing, likely to have about 4-5hrs for this stuff

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Thinking of maybe flying up Friday morning, leaving Monday.
Any housing available? Will cook 4 rent.

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
also keen for housing

My credentials are sick, my hygiene is top tier, and my manners are gud!

⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄
i am not stinky

Last edited:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
People looking for housing:

Jamwa, stinky lucas player with dank memes
Hardpelican, I dunno he was DQ'd from my PM pool, he TOs so you'll probably wake up to find your dishes done and the house vacuumed
Snoc, I think he is anime crew HoC or something I dunno he has a cool name
Jbirds, has big hair and big ape
Meredy, has a peach avatar I dunno sorry

People who are offering to house:

Gords (FULL?) (Gordon Ranger) is organising the tournament or some ****
Summoner (FULL) (Thomas Upfold) some butthole
Zorsy (FULL, maybe more spots) (Julian Sanchez) Plays Yoshi and is ok at music i guess
Gabe (2 free spots) (Gabe O'Reilly) has a grimey gnw and is bald
Phibzy (TBA) (Chris Phibbs) has brain problems and a frisbee sponsor
Invisi (3-4 spots) (Chris Shaw) knows more maths than you do

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
I will be looking for housing if I can arrange transport, but so far I've gotten literally 0 responses.

GTR

Smash Cadet
Just for reference Phibzy's house is literally a studio apartment so I doubt he can house many people, if anyone at all.
I know MC's place is pretty huge but I don't know if he's up for housing people over (parents and that).

Gords

Smash Champion
good stuff @ SummonerAU SummonerAU was gunna chase all the housing stuff up tomoz night since i have work off, but you already got the ball rolling.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
I'm interested in signing up for this.

(Yes, as you can tell, I'm new here, joined specifically because of this thread!).

When do registrations open? I don't use Facebook so I hope that's not going to be a requirement to register.

Top Bottom