• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Did you guys see the six open character slots though?
The number of slots over there have been something that was around for a while, and the number of slots has never been a good indicator of who's in the game. After Ike was announced people thought there were exactly 6 left, either.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
I know we go through this part a lot but I recreated what the page could/should look like to the best of my ability with proper spaces included.

If they wanted to jam pack the screen we might have room for another space but I think 4 is the most.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I know we go through this part a lot but I recreated what the page could/should look like to the best of my ability with proper spaces included.

If they wanted to jam pack the screen we might have room for another space but I think 4 is the most.
I think 5x11 could work, that'd be the current 49 + 5 + random. Or 6x10. Although they could just go for a second page

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If they went that route they could either have 28 on each page with random on each or 27 without
I don't know if they'd need to move half of the roster to the second screen at all, to be fair. Unless we only get a sparse amount of DLC characters and the second screen looks too bare-bones to appear professional, I reckon we'd be fine with the CSS as it is, and then have another "bonus" CSS on the second page for DLC characters. Keep them distinct from each-other so there's no confusion and inanities, like how Brawl had its stages on the regular screen and the Melee stages on the next.

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
If they go for a second page in the css, wouldn't that be annoying in the wii u version when 4 ppl are choosing characters at the same time?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If they go for a second page in the css, wouldn't that be annoying in the wii u version when 4 ppl are choosing characters at the same time?
I think the WiiU version will all ready have room for those characters, thus- there won't be a scroll.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I think the WiiU version will all ready have room for those characters, thus- there won't be a scroll.
This.
Besides, the arrows buttons found were hidden in the 3ds version. They might only be there because of the 3ds screen size, but the wii u version won't need any second page.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I still find it hilarious that some people in the YouTube and Gamefaqs community believe that Impa will be in her Hyrule Warriors attire in Smash. Since the leaker said that she'll have Zelda's magic properties and Sheik's athletic combat, it's obvious that she'll be playable in her Skyward Sword form. IF anything, the next Smash titles for Nintendo's future platforms should have some Hyrule Warriors representation.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So let's say for tomorrow pic of the day.Endless ocean is confirmed as a wii u stage.Would this put you guys fully on board with the leak because that's an out there idea for a stage

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So let's say for tomorrow pic of the day.Endless ocean is confirmed as a wii u stage.Would this put you guys fully on board with the leak because that's an out there idea for a stage
If endless ocean was confirmed then yeah, I would be on board.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering, is there any other WTF stage besides endless ocean that we can count on too?

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
Gyromite,NES Remix,Shooting Gallery,tourian,Green house.
Gyromite is not too too WTF as thats kinda what ROB played and would be the closest thing to representing him. Its still a weird stage though but its a weird stage that makes sense.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Here's an updated version of my post from the other thread. It's been updated to include an analysis of the leaked game modes, some small comments on Friday's confirmations, and analysis for the Rhythm Heaven stage, which I completely forgot to include the first time. One more big update will include the analysis of the five characters, and then I may still periodically update the post to reflect new confirmations after that.

The Tower of Smash Leak and why I WANT TO BELIEVE

So recently a leak has been making the rounds after it was posted on 4chan, with some people finding that the extraordinary amount of detail and plausibility makes some of its more grandiose claims believable, while others are just trying to enjoy the 3DS version for what it is without getting their hopes up. I can sympathize with both sides, but I can’t help but feel like the leak is very compelling, primarily due to its similarities to the Ninka/Vaanrose leak, its extensive detail, and the fact that it just makes a lot of sense. Since there hasn’t been a hugely in depth analysis post for this leak yet, I thought I’d put one together while procrastinating my homework.

OVERVIEW:

The leak goes very in depth with everything it reveals, similarly to the Ninka/Vaanrose leak. Unlike that leak however, there’s no external evidence backing it up, simply a block of text. But it’s not the presence of detail that’s compelling so much as the details themselves. The leak presents a very plausible stage list, elaborates on a new single player mode that makes a lot of sense, and expands on the list of Wii U locked characters suggested a couple of weeks ago on Neogaf. The leak gives more detail on certain aspects than others, but taken altogether it presents an almost complete picture of the Wii U version of Sm4sh. The leak is basically split up into three parts: characters, game modes, and stages. There's an additional section covering what's already been confirmed or is believed to have been confirmed since the leak was first posted.

CHARACTERS
Coming Soon

GAME MODES
Tower of Smash
The new game mode from which the leak gets its name, and the one thing that will definitely, without a doubt confirm the leak if we see it in a PotD. It also happens to be the most detailed part of the leak:

“The big new mode is called “Tower of Smash”. It’s a 100-Floor Tower, with each floor containing three doors showing what character + stage. You choose a door, and fight a 1-on-1 single stock match against that character, with various rules in place. This includes slow/fast mode, one where you’re put at 300% and the opponent 0%, and one with all Pokeballs, just to name a few.

In this mode, you pick four characters at the beginning (must be all different), and each one represents one life. You can switch before each battle, but when one dies, they’re gone for the rest of your Tower you can start from the 10th, 20th, 30th, etc. if you reached that far before. Unlike in All-Star, you’re healed between matches.

The 9th, 19th, 29th, etc. floor is a special Boss Battle. These have you fight against special Boss characters, such as Dyna Blade and Mecha Dragon. There’s an unlockable Boss Rush mode as well, the room set up like the classic Mega Man Boss Rush Room, where you can challenge all the Bosses in a row.”

The details we’re given are incredibly thorough and sound very plausible. The mode also works not only as a worthy Wii U counterpart to Smash Run, but as a creative way of combining the best parts of Subspace Emissary (length, the bosses) and Event Matches (unique battles with special conditions) into one mode. It also sounds like a lot of fun, and a solid time-sink depending on what the rewards are for completing the tower.

What most compels me to believe this however is the fact that the mode sounds incredibly similar to a single player mode from Soul Calibur IV called Tower of Lost Souls. In that mode, as in this one, the player chooses a team of characters and ascends a tower floor by floor, fighting through matches with special conditions and reaching checkpoints every few stages. We know that members of the Soul Calibur team are working on Sm4sh, and we’ve already seen a bit of Soul Calibur influence sneak in via the design of Final Destination. The fact that this mode is a reworked idea from a Soul Calibur game makes a lot of sense from a design perspective given who’s working on the game, particularly since Smash Run is a reworked mode from another game as well.

There’s also the fact that fake leaks hardly ever mention single player modes in the first place, and when they do, they don’t dare to invent a new one. From the perspective of a faker trying to make up a believable leak, Tower of Smash doesn’t make any sense.

Given that the 3DS version is now released in all territories, we will start getting information about the Wii U’s unique features, and Tower of Smash would be a big one. If this mode is real, we will probably know very soon. Get hype.

Boss Rush
A boss rush mode was featured in Brawl, so if there are bosses in Tower of Smash, it makes sense that this mode would make a return. It’s apparently laid out like the classic Mega Man boss rushes, meaning that the bosses can be fought in any order, rather than in a linear order like Brawl’s Boss Rush. If Tower of Smash has random elements, and it probably does since that would increase replay value, it could be that the boss order is randomized for each run, so it makes sense that there would be no linear order for Boss Rush. The leaker namedrops tow boss examples: Dyna Blade and Mecha Dragon. Dyna Blade is a recurring Kirby boss that would definitely show up in Smash in this kind of capacity, while Mecha Dragon is a famous boss from Mega Man 2. While this would be the first third party boss to show up in a single player mode, we already have Yellow Devil as a stage boss, and the classic Mega Man bosses are all very iconic, so this certainly isn’t out of the question.

Stage Builder
Stage Builder returns, and “is way more customizable this time around”. The Stage Builder was a fun inclusion in Brawl, and there’s no real reason to get rid of it. It makes sense as a Wii U exclusive, since saving all of the stages would eat through people’s sd cards on DS very quickly, and since it was so bare bones in Brawl, it’s logical to assume that if it comes back it will be more in depth. Definitely plausible.

Break the Targets
The leak says that every character gets individual Break the Targets levels again like in Melee, including three versions for the Miis, and that Mega Man’s level features disappearing blocks. This is certainly possible, and I always got the impression that there were only a few universal Break the Targets levels in Brawl because of the development crunch caused by the Subspace Emissary. However, this is yet another thing that everybody wants, making it sound almost too good to be true. But I don’t think that’s any reason to discount it on its own. And if every character gets their own BtT level, I would frankly be amazed if Mega Man’s didn’t have the disappearing blocks, seeing as they’re such an iconic part of the series. We'll just have to see with this one, this seems like the sort of thing we may see in an upcoming PotD.

Challenge Menu
This is kind of interesting. According to the leak, there are multiple challenge menus that are smaller than the 3DS one, but divided by series. Once you complete the challenge screen, a special picture appears. This mechanic is very similar to the way the new credits game works on 3DS, so that adds a little credibility. Smaller challenge screens being organized by series is a fun way to create more specialized challenges and to reward trophies by series as well. Nothing about this is too out there to be believable, and it would be another small way of giving love to the individual series themselves. This is another detail that will probably be confirmed by a PotD if it's real.

Tournament
No reason this mode wouldn’t come back, it’s been around since Melee and it’s not like it’s difficult to implement.

Classic & All-Star
No reason to think these modes would ever be 3DS exclusive, they’re both staples of the series.

STAGES
I think this stage list is perfect, and easily the most plausible part of the leak. An increase from 41 stages in Brawl to 55 in Sm4sh Wii U sounds about right, and every series gets at least one stage, with every veteran series getting at least one returning stage if it has one available. Also notable is that the majority of veteran series have the same number of stages as Brawl, with most of the exceptions being because of returning stages. All of the returning stages appeared in Brawl, which lines up with what Sakurai has said about it being difficult to port material over from the older games. There aren’t any glaring omissions in terms of representing recent console games, and several series have stages that do a great job representing the series as a whole. There are definitely some weird choices, but I think this adds credibility rather than taking it away, since it doesn’t read like an obvious fan wishlist. If it weren’t for the more grandiose things claimed by other parts of the leak, I don’t think anybody would question this stage list. I think it’s incredibly reasonable all around, and I go in depth here as to why with a series by series breakdown:

Smash Original: 2 (Same as Brawl)
Battlefield
Final Destination

No surprises here.

Mario: 6 (Same as Brawl)
Mario Galaxy
Bowser’s Castle
Mushroom Kingdom U
Rainbow Cruise*
Delfino Plaza*
Luigi’s Mansion*

Bowser’s Castle is a stage people have wanted since Melee, which makes it a little suspect simply because it aligns so perfectly with fan desires. However, it definitely makes sense as a stage, and can represent any number of console Mario games, since some version of it appears in pretty much every single one, even Mario Kart. Speaking of which, I have a hunch that this is going to be the Mario Kart 8 version. We already have a Mario Kart stage on 3DS, but Mario Kart is a huge series and is just as important to consoles, and Mario Circuit apparently isn’t returning. Thankfully, the Mario Kart 8 Bowser’s Castle is awesome:

The three returning stages are all solid picks. Mario is definitely deserving of 3, and if Mario Circuit is getting replaced by Rainbow Road and maybe Bowser’s Castle, then “Mario Bros” is the only Brawl Mario stage not carrying over to Sm4sh in some form. “Mario Bros”, while nostalgic and sort of fun, is perhaps the most broken stage in the history of the series, so I don’t think it will be mourned.

Donkey Kong: 3 (Same as Brawl)
Jungle Hijinx
Bramble Blast
Rumble Falls*

Jungle Hijinx is the name of the first level of both the original Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country Returns. I think it’s pretty safe to assume that this will be the DKCR version, because the game was a hit both commercially and critically, is far more recent, and its version of the level has a lot more going on visually. This is the “safe guess” stage.

Bramble Blast is a little more out there, being a memorable level from DKC2, and would make for an interesting stage since it’s already got a built in gimmick by being covered in brambles. Additionally, its background music already appears as an alternate track for Smash Run on the 3DS version, but is not selectable ifor any stage, suggesting perhaps that there may be something to this after all.

We’re definitely getting at least one new DK stage, and both of these are reasonable choices. On the other hand nobody really likes Rumble Falls, but 75m, while a noble effort by Sakurai, is just atrociously unplayable, and Jungle Japes is on 3DS, making Rumble Falls the only Brawl DK stage left for returning.

Yoshi: 2 (Same as Brawl)
Yoshi’s Story
Yoshi’s Island (Melee)*

A lot of people have said this one is a bit suspicious, since Yoshi’s Story came out way back in 1997 and was already represented by a stage in both 64 and Melee. It’s definitely a little weird, but nobody seems to realize that Yoshi’s Story is the most recent console Yoshi game. The series has been exclusively on handhelds ever since 1997, and while this trend will be broken with Yoshi’s Wooly World, that game doesn’t even have a release date yet. In addition, every Yoshi game since Yoshi’s Story has been a remake of the original Yoshi’s Island, which is already adequately represented by the returning Brawl stage on 3DS. This is just one example of a place where the stage list seems off or inconsistent, but on second glance makes perfect sense.

The returning stage is just the same one from Brawl, so no surprise there.

Wario: 2 (+1 from Brawl)
Game & Wario (Gamer)
WarioWare*

People are splitting hairs over the fact that the leaker didn’t get the stage’s name right, but I think in this case it doesn’t mean much. Had he put “Gamer”, almost nobody would have known what he was talking about, so he could have said “Game & Wario” for clarity. There’s also still a possibility that “Gamer” is just one phase of the stage and there’s more to it than we’ve seen. Wario Land is getting shafted once again in spite of the very solid Wario Land: Shake It!, but that’s really not too surprising. Warioware is on 3DS already, but there’s no reason returning stages can’t be shared too, especially since it’s the only option for a returning Wario stage.

Zelda: 5 (+2 from Brawl)
Skyloft
Forest Haven
Temple*
Bridge of Eldin*
Pirate Ship*

Forest Haven makes sense to me because it accomplishes two things. One, it reps the most recent console Zelda game, which is Wind Waker HD, and assets from that game could theoretically be carried over to create the stage. Two, it very prominently features an iconic Zelda character who appears in several games: the Deku tree, even if this isn’t his most popular incarnation. The leaves surrounding the Tree are basically already like Smash platforms, and the deku pods could add a fun mechanic if they're featured as well. It's one of those places that translates very well into a Smash stage without changing much. I can definitely see this stage happening and I personally think this is one of the most exciting stages on the list.

If the three returning stages are accurate, then every one of Zelda’s Brawl stages is returning, which seems like a reasonable decision since they’re all great stages, Temple in particular being a fan favorite.

Pokemon: 3 (Same as Brawl)
Nimbassa City
Kalos Pokemon League
Pokemon Stadium 2*

While it seems like Pokemon should have more stages, it has the same number as Brawl, so no real red flags here. Nimbassa City is from Black & White, and is your typical Pokemon “metropolis” town save for one thing: the giant ferris wheel that serves as its most prominent landmark. A ferris wheel is a great idea for a Smash stage, so I’m totally on board with this. What’s also worth mentioning is how the two Wii U stages would be parallels of the two 3DS stages. On 3DS, we have the major metropolitan city from X&Y, and the Pokemon League from Black & White. With these stages, Wii U would have the major Metropolitan City from Black & White, and the Pokemon League from X&Y. It’s one of those perfect little details that adds credibility and makes it seem like if this is a fake, it’s an incredibly well thought out one.

You gotta have dat Pokemon Stadium in there, and we already know Spear Pillar is out since Palkia is a Pokeball Pokemon, so the returning stage makes perfect sense.

Metroid: 3 (Same as Brawl)
Pyrosphere
Tourian
Norfair*

While I personally would have loved to see a Metroid Prime 3 stage, given how awesome that game’s levels were, Tourian makes sense too. Tourian is the final area of Metroid, Super Metroid, and Metroid Zero Mission, where Mother Brain is fought, and thus is a good choice for representing the Metroid series as a whole in the same nostalgic way that Mute City and Magicant represent their respective franchises.

We don't really know for sure what Pyrosphere's deal is, but it doesn't appear to have a lava hazard, so Norfair's back to be our obligatory "Metroid Lava Stage". Frigate Orpheon was a pretty cool stage, but oh well, gotta keep things consistent.

Kid Icarus: 3 (+2 from Brawl)
Palutena’s Temple
Underworld
Skyworld*

Does Kid Icarus really deserve three stages? No. Is having three stages consistent with its overrepresentation in Sm4sh so far? Definitely. Underworld is a good pick since it is featured in all three Kid Icarus games. If I had to guess, it’ll be based on the Uprising version, simply because there really isn't much to the NES version visually.

Skyworld is the only possibility for a returning stage, and every series that can seems to be getting one.

Fire Emblem: 2 (+1 from Brawl)
Coliseum
Castle Siege*

Already confirmed. As much as Fire Emblem is getting increased representation this time around, I don’t think it’s too unreasonable that it would get only one new stage per console.

Kirby: 4 (+2 from Brawl)
Cookie Country
Mt. Dedede
Patch Land
Halberd *

We haven’t seen any new Kirby stages yet, but we’re definitely going to get at least one, and regardless of “Sakurai Bias”, the Kirby series deserves four stages, especially since there’s been about one new Kirby game a year since Brawl. The first thing that pops out is that Green Greens as gone, leaving us without Whispy Woods for the first time in the series! However, Cookie Country is the first world of Kirby’s Return to Dreamland, and Whispy Woods is the boss, so it could definitely be a revamped Whispy Woods stage to replace Green Greens, perhaps with Whispy himself reworked to be a proper stage boss. Cookie Country is a pretty safe guess regardless.

Patch Land is a little weirder, but given how unique the Epic Yarn aesthetic is, it seems like a solid choice, and represents a recent console title just like Cookie Country does. Patch Land is the name of the world that the whole game takes place in, rather than a specific level, so maybe this could be a transforming stage like the Paper Mario Stage on 3DS. Or it could just be the leaker went with a more generic name for clarity.

Mt. Dedede is the wildcard here. It’s a recurring location in the series, serving as the final level in Kirby’s Dreamland and the Spring Breeze subgame in Kirby Super Star. It’s basically just a generic mountain that Dedede’s castle appears on, which is interesting, because a location in the Subspace Emissary fits that criteria and this stage may draw from that version. In Kirby Super Star, Dedede is fought in a boxing ring, but we already have one of those, so it's highly doubtful this stage will feature the boxing ring. This stage is definitely a possibility, but it’s hard to say for sure what it would look like. Sakurai created the Kirby series, so the way I see it, he can come up with anything he wants.

Halberd is already confirmed to return.

Starfox: 2 (Same as Brawl)
Great Fox (Orbital Gate)
Lylat Cruise*

Like Game & Wario, the name discrepancy is becoming a real sticking point for people, but considering that the stage prominently features the Great Fox, I really don’t think it’s a disconfirmation. If the leaker only had access to a Japanese build, there’s no way he would be able to guess the name “Orbital Platform” unless he was extremely familiar with Star Fox: Assault, and let’s be honest guys, most people haven’t played a Star Fox game since 64. It’s a shame that Corneria is 3DS exclusive, but Lylat Cruise is the only other option for a returning stage, and at least it’s neutral!

F-Zero: 2 (Same as Brawl)
Mute City
Port Town Aero Dive*

I can definitely see Mute City being a shared stage, seeing as it’s way too awesome, represents the whole series, and the original F-Zero is a console game. I also don’t see them making a stage per console for F-Zero, since it’s on a looooong hiatus and several much more prominent series didn’t get a new stage for 3DS. It’s a little sad to see that Big Blue won’t be coming back, but Port Town: Aero Dive is going to look absolutely incredible in HD, so I can’t complain too much.

Mother: 2
Magicant
Onett*

Everything I said about Mute City applies to Magicant, and Onett has officially been confirmed! Considering Lucas is gone, it’s unsurprising that they would cut New Pork City, and it seems like Palutena’s Temple will scratch the same itch that that stage did anyways.

Pikmin: 2 (+1 from Brawl)
Garden of Hope
Distant Planet*

Distant Planet, like Warioware, is already on 3DS, but was the only stage its series had prior to Sm4sh, so Distant Planet is the only returning stage option for Pikmin.

Animal Crossing: 2 (+ 1 from Brawl)
Town & City
Smashville*

Confirmed!

Punch-Out: 1
Boxing Ring

Already confirmed.

Wii Fit: 1
Wii Fit Studio

Already confirmed.

Xenoblade: 1
Gaur Plains

Already confirmed, although we still don’t know what the deal is with Metal Face...

Rhythm Heaven: 1
Rhythm Heaven

It stands to reason that if Chorus Men are getting a character slot, we would get a Rhythm Heaven stage as well. It'll probably function very similarly to the Warioware stage from Brawl, although there's lots of weird and creative material for a stage based on just a single game, so we'll have to wait and see.

Miis: 2
Pilot Wings
Nintendo Land

The “Mii Series” has two stages on 3DS, so it wouldn’t be too out there for it to get two on Wii U as well. We already have our Wii Sports Resort representation with Pilotwings, so Nintendo Land is a very safe choice, especially considering its crossover nature fits in neatly with Smash. I’m guessing the stage would take place within the theme park itself, but I suppose it could also be a transforming stage that goes through a few games.

Game & Watch: 2
Green House
Flat Zone 2*

If every returning series gets at least one new stage, then Game & Watch gets one too. Greenhouse would be the first G&W stage to focus on just one specific title, but the layout of the Greenhouse is very well suited to a Smash stage, so why not?

Flat Zone 1 wasn’t in Brawl, so even though it’s on 3DS, Flat Zone 2 is the only possibility for a returning stage.

R.O.B.: 1
Gyromite

No reason R.O.B. can’t get his own stage, and veteran series that didn’t have a stage the first time they appeared have always gotten one the second time they’ve appeared. Also, according to the leaker, every series gets a stage, and so R.O.B. gets Gyromite.

Duck Hunt: 1
Shooting Gallery

If every series gets a stage, so does Duck Hunt. I’m guessing this would be a composite stage that combines elements from a few different Nes Zapper games, just like Duck Hunt’s moveset. Maybe an aiming reticle could occasionally fire at players or something. The game Hogan's Alley looks an awful lot like a shooting gallery, so it could be that the leaker saw a Hogan's Alley stage and dubbed it "Shooting Gallery". I doubt that would be the actual name, but maybe.

Sonic:
Windy Hill

Confirmed. Green Hill Zone is already on 3DS and 3rd Party Series don’t need to have more than one stage per console.

Megaman:
Wily’s Castle

Confirmed.

Pac-Man:
Pac-land

Confirmed.

Other:
NES Remix
Endless Ocean

Here are the two big wildcard stages. Ever since Melee, Smash has featured stages that reference classic NES titles, and the Balloon Fight stage on 3DS is just the latest example. NES Remix would be a way for one stage to represent the entire NES era, either as a transforming stage or with one single layout incorporating elements from multiple games. I think it makes a lot of sense.

Endless Ocean is a little more out there, but considering Brawl had “Hanenbow”, there’s a precedent for obscure Nintendo games that are otherwise unrepresented to get a stage. Endless Ocean is basically a deep sea diving simulator for Wii where you essentially just explore the ocean and look at all kinds of different fish. It got a sequel too. The fact that this stage is so out there makes it seem like something a fake leaker wouldn’t include, and there’s no denying the appeal of an underwater Smash stage where you fight while all kinds of majestic sea creatures swim past in glorious HD. That sounds ****ing amazing, and is definitely the kind of “crazy idea” that Sakurai would have.

CONFIRMED/CONFIRMED? DETAILS
Release Date: Many seem to believe that this leak was one of the first mentions of the November 21st international release for the Wii U version. While this is technically true, on the surface it does not appear to be THE first. The twitter leak that initially suggested a November 21st release date actually came out earlier on the same day (1:38 pm) as the first 4chan post (15:12/3:12 pm): https://twitter.com/emi1yrogers/status/510890251985100800

It’s certainly plausible that if the leak is fake, the leaker could have copied the date from this tweet, but given that there was only about an hour and a half between the two, it could really go either way.

BUT...

The timestamp for the 4chan post is in military time. After checking 4chan to confirm that it defaults to the 12 hour clock in America, this led me to believe that the screencap of the 4chan post originated from somewhere in Europe, presumably the UK, given that’s more or less the only European country with a big presence on 4chan. Using a handy dandy time zone converter, I found out that 15:12 in London is about 10:12 am EST (my time zone).

However, twitter timestamps seem to be based on the time zone where the tweet originated from (I changed my clock just to make sure), and Fred Meyer, the store from which the preorder card in the tweet originates, is a chain based almost entirely in the American Norhwest, meaning the 1:38 pm in the tweet is most likely PDT. 15:12 London time is 7:12 am PDT, which means, if my calculations are accurate, then the 4chan post was actually posted 6 hours and 26 minutes BEFORE the tweet, making it the first mention of November 21st after all! DUH DUH DUHHHHH!

If Twitter bases time stamps on IP address instead of internal clock, which it might, then the leak is still nonetheless 3 hours and 26 minutes older than the tweet.

This is definitely strong evidence in the leak’s favor, but bear in mind:

1. There has been no official confirmation from Nintendo yet of a November 21st international release.

And

2. November 21st is a pretty safe guess all around, considering it’s a week before Black Friday and has traditionally been a big day for Nintendo Holiday releases.

Nature of Wii U/3DS connectivity: The leak says that custom characters and unlocked moves/equipment can be shared between consoles, and the description for the “Wii U” menu option on the 3DS confirms this. However, we already knew this. The leaker also clarifies that trophies cannot be shared between games, which makes sense given that the two versions have different sets of trophies. The only truly new information the leaker gives on connectivity is that it will unlock five new characters on 3DS, which is as of now completely unconfirmed by any official source.

Castle Siege: Announced a day (9/19) before the stage list was posted on 4chan (9/20): https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoL6LijOQ

Game & Wario Stage: The first stage actually predicted by the Tower of Smash leak. Although as many have suggested, it’s a pretty safe guess given that Game & Wario is the most recent console Wario title, especially considering the name doesn’t match. Many have also speculated that “Gamer” may only be one of several scenarios in the stage based on Game & Wario games, similar to the Warioware stage. I personally find this unlikely, but it’s another plausible explanation for the name discrepancy.

Great Fox Stage: We got a tease of the stage months ago, so the leak didn’t really predict this at all.

Onett & Smashville: On 10/3, these two stages were revealed in the pictures on Ness and Wario's character pages, making them the second and third confirmed stages to be predicted by the leak. Onett was a pretty safe guess given that it's such a classic and beloved stage that represents its series well. However, many people thought that Smashville was too redundant to return, making its confirmation mean a lot more as far as confirming the leak.

Last edited:

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Oi.

So there's an anonymously posted wishlist with zero credibility or zero evidence. It already guessed "Game & Wario" wrong and "Great Fox" wrong. The 3DS game dump has shown zero evidence of anything else hiding in the code. He threw out a dozen Brawl stages and somehow people are amazed that he got one right. And Ridley is hinted to be a stage hazard. Somehow the big surprise mode for the Wii U version is a single-player mode despite Sakurai saying that the Wii U would be more multiplayer focused and the 3DS version would be more single-player focused (hence Smash Run).

Put this thing to bed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oi.

So there's an anonymously posted wishlist with zero credibility or zero evidence. It already guessed "Game & Wario" wrong and "Great Fox" wrong. The 3DS game dump has shown zero evidence of anything else hiding in the code. He threw out a dozen Brawl stages and somehow people are amazed that he got one right. And Ridley is hinted to be a stage hazard. Somehow the big surprise mode for the Wii U version is a single-player mode despite Sakurai saying that the Wii U would be more multiplayer focused and the 3DS version would be more single-player focused (hence Smash Run).

Put this thing to bed.
A. Is it to hard to believe that "Game and Wario" and "Great Fox" are just placeholder names that the leaker used because the version he leaked wasn't his language, he isn't directly leaking the information, or he only remembers the pictures and couldn't be bothered to remember the names of 55 stages, so he just used a broader term based off of the pictures?

B. Pokemon X and Y have had no evidence of hiding new mega evolutions that are exclusive to ORAS such as Mega Sceptile, Swampert, Altaria, Salamence, etc. The same method of transferring the data from ORAS to X/Y can theoretically be similar to Smash U and 3DS.

C. He threw out a dozen of Brawl stages, and one of them just happens to be Smashville, which is almost completely redundant when looking at Town and City which has been confirmed since last year. They both have nearly identical visuals and Animal Crossing locales in the background.

D. Hinted does not mean confirmed. Heck, he could even be a stage boss and playable that you unlock when you defeat him on the Pyrosphere, kind of like how you can unlock Dedede in Kirby Air Ride, which Sakurai also directed. The whole deal with Ridley is so suspicious that I don't know what to believe anymore.

E. Subspace only had a 2 player mode in Brawl, not all 4. Besides, I'm pretty sure that he meant that the Wii U version is more multiplayer focused because multiple people can play on the same console, talking with each other instead of sitting alone staring at their separate screens.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
A. You're just making up logic for it to make sense. This is similar to 'the Gematsu guy probably saw Robin and thought it was Shulk' territory of benefit of the doubt. It's not Game & Wario and it's not a Great Fox stage.

B. Except the dump shows that transferring custom parts and using the 3DS as a controller are parts of interconnectivity. You're assuming they planned this mechanic yet mysteriously left this part out of the game to be patched in later?

C. He threw out almost half the list of Brawl stages. It was a coin flip.

D. Ridley is in the dump in the enemy files. Along with Metalface and others. He is a stage hazard. Have we not learned our lesson about reading into this too much?

E. We aren't talking about SSE. Making a single-player only mode and then assuming that the Wii U is more multiplayer focused because... it's on one TV? That doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey everyone. I've been hearing a bit about this "ToS" leak lately, and I just want to say that I'm actually gunning for this to be real. Normally, I don't trust most leaks, but this looks too good to pass up as fake. Also, on a personal note, it includes at least 4 characters, I want playable: Mewtwo, (Who I was AMAZED to see Sakurai pass up AGAIN, although one of his recent Famitsu interviews seem to imply that if he adds Melee fighters they'll more than likely need to be DLC.) Dixie, (who I'd like to see, alongside Krystal as female characters.) Chorus Kids, (I'd like a Rhythm Heaven rep, mostly either them or Rhythm Girl) and if those trailers are to be believed, Bandana Waddle Dee. (I know he's not necessarily on the leak, but that trailer leak of his seems legit to me.) I also think with all the indications of DLC we've been getting is making it more and more likely DLC WILL happen sooner or later, and I'd LOVE to take a shot at Tower of Smash. (Granting that's it's real, of course.)

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
A. You're just making up logic for it to make sense. This is similar to 'the Gematsu guy probably saw Robin and thought it was Shulk' territory of benefit of the doubt. It's not Game & Wario and it's not a Great Fox stage.
Except for the fact that Sakurai himself refered to the Spacecraft as "Great Fox" albeit the image Sakurai used might be the stage icon used in game, the leaker recognized it and simply called it that. So it is a Great Fox stage, it's just not called that. And "Gamer" is a Game & Wario. I don't see why it makes much difference to get the name exactly right especially if he saw it from a foreign version of the game.

B. Except the dump shows that transferring custom parts and using the 3DS as a controller are parts of interconnectivity. You're assuming they planned this mechanic yet mysteriously left this part out of the game to be patched in later?
Any reason why that wouldn't be a possibility, especially if said characters at the time of completion weren't fully fleshed out yet?

C. He threw out almost half the list of Brawl stages. It was a coin flip.
How many stages has he gotten wrong so far?

D. Ridley is in the dump in the enemy files. Along with Metalface and others. He is a stage hazard. Have we not learned our lesson about reading into this too much?
Same could be said about the ESRB leak, and we know how that turned out...oh wait. Would "reading into it too much" also include individuals who set fire to a leak without even remotely considering any kind of possible reasoning behind it all? I could you say you could just be finding ways to make the leak NOT make sense.

E. We aren't talking about SSE. Making a single-player only mode and then assuming that the Wii U is more multiplayer focused because... it's on one TV? That doesn't make any sense.
Who cares if the game has 1 single player mode? Plus how do we know it isn't multiplayer? Is it really a crime for it to be an inclusion in the Wii U version? So you are saying that a game up to 4 players where everyone has their own controller that controls a character on a singular tv screen is somehow not multiplayer anymore? Doctor, my head.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
I still find it hilarious that some people in the YouTube and Gamefaqs community believe that Impa will be in her Hyrule Warriors attire in Smash. Since the leaker said that she'll have Zelda's magic properties and Sheik's athletic combat, it's obvious that she'll be playable in her Skyward Sword form. IF anything, the next Smash titles for Nintendo's future platforms should have some Hyrule Warriors representation.
Honestly, putting in some Hyrule Warriors representation would make about as much sense as replacing Link's bow with a crossbow.

As cool as the character designs are in HW, it's nothing more than a spin-off, and as such, shouldn't be given much attention.

I genuinely hope Hyrule Warriors never makes it into Smash in any form, and I'm saying it as someone who was surprised at how good the game was.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Except for the fact that Sakurai himself refered to the Spacecraft as "Great Fox" albeit the image Sakurai used might be the stage icon used in game, the leaker recognized it and simply called it that. So it is a Great Fox stage, it's just not called that. And "Gamer" is a Game & Wario. I don't see why it makes much difference to get the name exactly right especially if he saw it from a foreign version of the game.

Any reason why that wouldn't be a possibility, especially if said characters at the time of completion weren't fully fleshed out yet?

How many stages has he gotten wrong so far?

Same could be said about the ESRB leak, and we know how that turned out...oh wait. Would "reading into it too much" also include individuals who set fire to a leak without even remotely considering any kind of possible reasoning behind it all? I could you say you could just be finding ways to make the leak NOT make sense.

Who cares if the game has 1 single player mode? Plus how do we know it isn't multiplayer? Is it really a crime for it to be an inclusion in the Wii U version? So you are saying that a game up to 4 players where everyone has their own controller that controls a character on a singular tv screen is somehow not multiplayer anymore? Doctor, my head.
A. Yeah, it has the Great Fox in it... for a tiny portion of the time. Then you go onto Arwings, Apparoids, space stations, etc. The Great Fox just appears for a second. Rainbow Ride isn't called 'Magic Carpet'. You're looking for excuses for it to make sense.

B. We know the characters have been done for a while, we know that the extra time is being used to test for bugs, and there's no reason they would have included the other functions on the 3DS but taken this part out.

C. Other than Game & Wario and Great Fox?

D. Logic doesn't work that way. There is zero evidence to support it and in fact many points that go against it. Trying to cram your own reasoning in there (with zero basis whatsoever) doesn't mean you're being sensible.

E. Again, it goes in the face of what we know. And your other part is just nonsense. Sakurai said the Wii U version would be MORE multiplayer focused than the 3DS version. Controllers and a TV don't make it any more 'multiplayer' focused than the 3DS version.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I personally think the stage is true, but NOT bringing back Fountain of Dreams after all this time seems like a crime to me. Especially if you make THAT many stages!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
i have never played a donkey kong game but it had a mine cart so i assumed it was DK.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it's Mt dedede, I can see a castle in the back, and you could ride minecarts in Kirby Super Star

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Neo Star had a stage from Kirby where each section had a specific set of rules, or "obstacles", one being riding in a mine cart with a Waddle Dee. Perhaps this is Mt. dedede at night or in a cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom