• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourneybee Chicago 1/27/07 NEW!

Zjiin

Smash Master
Looks like i will make this one, despite what i originally thought.... anyone need a partner, or do i have to jimmy-rig one at the last second?

Zjiin

Smash Master
You guys might have talked about this already, but what's going on afterwards? Are people comming from out of town and staying somewhere?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
lol very fun tourney, gg's everyone I played. I think the brackets were rigged, I mean Eddy then Tink!? something shifty was going down right there.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yeh, good matches to everyone i came across in the tourney, 'cept Tink, who cheaped me out on Corneria.:mad: I'm commin fer ya son, and next time me and Ruben arn't letting you get away with that last doubles match.

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
next tourney we have to make it clear that...

Stages & Character Select
1. The first round stage is selected by random, but if both players (teams) can agree on a stage then the first match can be played on any stage they agree upon except one from the banned list below.
2. Random Select Stages - Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, & Pokemon Stadium.
3. Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay and Yoshi's Island 64, and Rainbow Cruise.
4. Stages not listed on the random select list, that are not banned, are open for counter picks by the losing player.
5. ???Dave's Stupid Rule??? - no stage can be used twice in a single match, whether by random select or by picking.
6. Knock-out - after initial characters have been selected and only before the first match is played, each person may knock off one stage from the available tournament stages. That stage will be turned off for the entire set.
7. Advanced Slob Picks - the loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then the winner may change characters, and then the loser may change characters.
8. Double-Blind Pick - at the beginning of a match, any player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players tell a judge their character secretly and are required to use that character for the first game.

also, who was CHEN? my one friend thinks it was chillindude, but chillindude is from virgina and i dont think he would fly in for a local tournament..

P00cRUMz

Smash Cadet
haha. i think this went pretty well.. better than i expected >P but were already planning another tourney so yeah. were learning from our mistakes haha >_< itihnk weve got up to 6 setups planned? and moving it to a different room. sadly.. the owners had JUST showed us that other room yesterday hahah so we didint know >P more updates

oh and yeah. GO LITTLE KIDS!!! >D

Scythe

Smash Master
GG everyone i faced
peter chen ***** me in the winners emifinals and theni igot killed by tink right afterwards
(btw Tink i just remebered we had a Cpt falcon ditto mm, which i two stocked in a friendly cause you suicided twice. Does that count lol? If not i'm backing out of it cuase you'll take my money lol.)
Does nudl go on this board? If so Peach pwns you.
BigC is too funny.
And good job running the tourny POOcRumz it went well , I can't wait till the next one,i hope it's soon.(glad my suggestion for the tourny maker worked out well)

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
Edward, isn't Dave's stupid rule that you can't go back to a stage that you've already won on in that set?

Also, why would Rainbow Cruise be banned? It's a legal MLG stage and a viable counter pick against a lot of characters. Also, it's not like it's random movement like Icicle Mountain, it moves in a set pattern.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Why was pause turned off in this tourney? It really sucked when we didnt catch the game randomly sending us to a banned level and having to restart the game.

Kyo

Smash Cadet
Yea, it was some pretty good matches, but the one thing I couldn't understand is how was someone able to pick pokefloat as a stage for one of the match?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Yea, it was some pretty good matches, but the one thing I couldn't understand is how was someone able to pick pokefloat as a stage for one of the match?
lol that was probably Pete Chen. Pokefloats can be used as a counter-pick stage.

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
good matches to every1 i played except for eddie who wouldnt go ganon vs my sheik. but my tags that i put on were 222 good
you mean q222, main samus player?vidit the link in my sig to get info on him..

Edward, isn't Dave's stupid rule that you can't go back to a stage that you've already won on in that set?

Also, why would Rainbow Cruise be banned? It's a legal MLG stage and a viable counter pick against a lot of characters. Also, it's not like it's random movement like Icicle Mountain, it moves in a set pattern.
i copied that from the first post in this thread..

Scythe

Smash Master
pause was turned off for doubles an d we just forgot to turnito n for singles.

P00cRUMz

Smash Cadet
lol dammit tink. yeah. tink won.
oh NEWS! >D were planning another tourney! :D like i stated before theres room next door to bobabee and isnt being rented yet. nothings been done to it so far. theres about 5 or 6 cubicles in that space and the owners are thinking of hosting a tourney there. well have more tvs there. but you'll have to bring your own set ups cause we dont have enough -.-
most likely the area will be rented in a couple or weeks or so.. (2-3).. with this free space do you guys think youd participate in another tourney here? ;D

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
well, i know for sure that i can bring me and q222s gamecubes, but im not sure about tvs.. ill look into that..

Scythe

Smash Master
make it the 10th or the 24th
and try to get some fulll results out if you can pls. :)

Top Bottom