• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney Locator Tech Of The Week 4: Fast Fall Break

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
One Smash in partnership Tourney Locator have worked together to produce a new series: Tech of the Week! This week marks the fourth video of the series and covers what has been dubbed a Fast Fall Break.

Even though this is the fourth video of the series it is titled tech number 50. This is because all of the techs to be shared are a part of the One Smash Tech Tree. This makes each video feed of the others, showing how each tech works together to form a complete game. The other videos in the series include Ledge Denials, Hip Check, and Prattacks so be sure to check these out to get the full idea of the One Smash Tech Tree.

busken

Smash Ace
You know what would have been a really cool addition in this game? Smash attack charge cancelling.

Just a random thought.
No, that would be broken; especially for characters who fast frame data, since it will always force a defensive options. Diddy smash charge canceling f-smash; baits spot dodge free grab.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Can't wait to see more tech as this series goes on.

Tokis

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashB_Tokis
3DS FC
1478-3110-1670
Beginners be like-

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
I have my doubts about applying this technique, but it's worth remembering when taking battles to the air. Ah, seems like there just keep being more and more techniques revealed in this game! I think I may learn to like them.

Last edited:

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
You know what would have been a really cool addition in this game? Smash attack charge cancelling.

Just a random thought.
If you want to throw skill out the game and make an even more boring metagame sure it would be cool.

SilentSpartan

Smash Cadet
NNID
QuietGreninja
3DS FC
4570-9370-4123
I do this a lot of the time, apparently without realizing it. I never thought it could be utilized like that. Helpful knowledge for the future.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Goddamnit I had been havin trouble timing my down air with Dk this entire time and now I know why. I can't believe I didn't figure this out myself at some point. I'll be going for down airs a lot more often now, that's for freaking sure.

◥θ┴θ◤ | JJ

Smash Journeyman
On the Midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
3DS FC
5370-0522-3919
No, that would be broken; especially for characters who fast frame data, since it will always force a defensive options. Diddy smash charge canceling f-smash; baits spot dodge free grab.
Yeah, because it would totally be something you could act out of on frame one and not reliant on either a clunky input or a defensive option like shielding.

Seriously... think before responding.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Just a random thought.
I like the idea, but it would sorta take away the charm of Hard Reads a bit.
But then again, if Smash Canceling would've been in the seires since the first game, it's not like we would've thought "Hey, I wish we weren't allowed to cancel our smashes - that'd make it look awesome and risky when we successfully landed hardreads."

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
I love how many subtleties there are in smash 4. This video is great demonstration of one of the little secrets that competitive smash bros has to offer.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
This tech aint useful at all whats the point?
Not to be rude, but almost everything is useful in Smash, one way or another. Who woulda thought dash dancing would be useful, but you can make some pretty nice baits using it.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
hey kirbykid, i'm the guy who told you about a tech at the end of the tourneylocator stream a few weeks ago, I want to (especially now) share my tech with you since you're putting the effort into making this tech tree and such. I didn't have my Wii u on me at the time so I didn't add you, but you didn't add me either. My NNID is sharifi, add me so I can show you everything. BTW, in return I'd like to see your tech tree, once I show you this tech, and yes I know it's incomplete but I want to see it anyway.

Last edited:

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Beginners be like-
Yeah that was my look, but I'm not a beginner. When you only use one or two characters as you don't have time to play with many more, and you're used to mechanics from the other smash games, you tend to play that way. I always had trouble with the fast fall and don't get me wrong intuitively I knew it worked this way, but when I went off stage i always let my instincts take over and sometimes I'd fast fall to my death.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey kirbykid, i'm the guy who told you about a tech at the end of the tourneylocator stream a few weeks ago, I want to (especially now) share my tech with you since you're putting the effort into making this tech tree and such. I didn't have my Wii u on me at the time so I didn't add you, but you didn't add me either. My NNID is sharifi, add me so I can show you everything. BTW, in return I'd like to see your tech tree, once I show you this tech, and yes I know it's incomplete but I want to see it anyway.
Hey. I tried adding you to my wii u. It said that the name wasn't a valid NNID. I sent you a twitch message to try and sort it out. My NNID is still KirbyKid. Try sending me an invite.

I'll share a piece of the tree with you in trade for your tech. It's gotta be a fair trade though. If you have something we already have on the tree, I'll reveal that area to you.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Hey. I tried adding you to my wii u. It said that the name wasn't a valid NNID. I sent you a twitch message to try and sort it out. My NNID is still KirbyKid. Try sending me an invite.

I'll share a piece of the tree with you in trade for your tech. It's gotta be a fair trade though. If you have something we already have on the tree, I'll reveal that area to you.
Yeah I'm not sure why I'm having that problem, I had changed my nnid to sharifi from darkjaws and some ppl can't seem to add me. Strange. I'll add u now.

Lol nm this whole time I thought my nnid was my nickname. You can tell how often I actually play with friends and such. It's sharifi_shuffle

Last edited:

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love being bad enough they have to do a tutorial video on how not to play like me
Cheer up my friend. We wanted to interview you for the vid but we were pressed for time. We know you're a strong player and knew you could take it.

To be clear, we weren't showing that you were bad. We're showing that getting down to the ground is hard for a lot of characters.

Top Bottom