• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney bracket programs

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
hey i was at a tourney recently and some guy had a program on his laptop that automatically created and randomized brackets really easy like.. it was pretty much like he was creating a graph in excel or something.. if anyone knows how i could get ahold of this software it would be great..

thanks

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is the best piece of tournament software out there. It's not 100% complete, but it's been running a majority of California tournaments for some time now, and even includes a sophisticated online website.

Tournament Maker 2 is another popular program. But mine is better :).

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I personally recommend Tourney Master 2 (don't know if that's the one Neal is recommending). It makes single or double elimination brackets or pools (round robins); it's really easy to use, and it even codes your brackets into HTML so you can upload them easily. The brackets also look really nice and presentable, and there are many different skins.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
No offense, ThatGuy, but I really think Tourney Master is a pile of poo. For all the visual customization and HTML options, the program is surprisingly sparse on real, useful functions. Examples:

Can't add players to a bracket after it's been created
Can't run more than one bracket at a time
Can't customize the number of games in a set -- can only choose Single of Best of 3
Can't remove a player from the bracket
Can't manually seed players
Costs money for full version :(
Can't update the bracket by clicking on it -- very unintuitive
Lots more

These are all things you will run into in a big, serious tournament, and Tourney Master just doesn't have the power to solve them. So I seriously recommend not using it. Even Tournament Maker 2 is a better choice.

EDIT: ALMOST FORGOT. Tourney Master is made by a bunch of Russians. Clearly, the program is a thinly-veiled attempt to infiltrate US computers with spy software. Their goal? To abduct top US gamers based on Tourney Master results and enlist them as Russian attack jet pilots.

It's true. I read it on the internet.

(yes, I'm kidding)

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: ALMOST FORGOT. Tourney Master is made by a bunch of Russians. Clearly, the program is a thinly-veiled attempt to infiltrate US computers with spy software. Their goal? To abduct top US gamers based on Tourney Master results and enlist them as Russian attack jet pilots.

It's true. I read it on the internet.

(yes, I'm kidding)
Hahahaha.

Use neal's program. It's definitely the best one out there.

Top Bottom