• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournaments, 12CB, Frame Display, Rankings, Gameshark, Elo, and much much more

Twilight Sparkle

I don't play Luigi/DK/Samus much
Premium
Update:
I think Flushing the DNS just took a little longer than expected. I was able to use the site just fine at home.
It still won't load up at work but I'm going to assume that's due to certain site restrictions at work.
Thanks for all the help again guys, looking forward to getting more matches in and seeing this expand even more!
You have no idea how freakin good I feel now :colorful:

Studstill

Smash Ace
Great news! Saw your matches yesterday, congratulations on the wins against tough opponents!
We`re technically still in beta, there are some host speed issues we are working hard to resolve, but I`d say soon, (month-ish) we should be fully functional (not just the rankings/database!) and going strong!

Shears

Smash Master
I've been unexpectedly busier these past couple weeks than I first anticipated so some expected updates are taking longer than usual. I'm hoping to grind a lot of this out before next week. I will post when significant updates are made, which will be awesome btw.

Shears

Smash Master
I will be making a lot of changes to the site over the next two days. If it isn't working or you get logged out or anything. Just be patient as I am working on it. Feel free to report any matches here if you are unable to report through the site due to maintenance and we will upload them when available.

Studstill

Smash Ace
I`m debating allowing past matches to establish current rankings.
Hypothetically:
Must be tournament matches. Cannot pick and choose, if one then all.
Both players must be registered.
I`ll make a mockup.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Lol. No way. Still in beta, remember. But not for long. This latest 'update' turned into an overhaul, plus lots of other stuff in the works. It is live. Use it!

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Is the site still getting updated? This has a ton of potential and an update would breath new life into the site (and hopefully smash 64 as a whole).

Shears

Smash Master
I've been busy and slowly working on a tournament app currently. I'm hoping to allocate enough time this week to finish the tournament app and then more work on the site can be resumed.

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
I've been busy and slowly working on a tournament app currently. I'm hoping to allocate enough time this week to finish the tournament app and then more work on the site can be resumed.
Sounds good! I'm looking forward to the changes/improvements!

Shears

Smash Master
The site still works however user activity has dropped off over the last month. At the peak there were about 20 matches reported a day for about a month. There are a lot of intended changes and updates that have been put on the back burner for several reasons. Development and improvement will continue on it however with no current deadline.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
activity didnt just drop off it like disapeared at least any time i got on. sad really

MCG

Smash Apprentice
Are you able to reproduce the glitch? If so, can you describe step by step what causes it and what browser are you using. I'll look into it.

It seems you just press forward but I can't reproduce it myself.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Yeah I can't seem to reproduce. If its you pressing forward while its playing and you think those buttons should be disabled then that is different.

Studstill

Smash Ace
I`m in the process of assembling that already Steve. Got em all together, I think, just need to finish formatting.

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
Yeah I can't seem to reproduce. If its you pressing forward while its playing and you think those buttons should be disabled then that is different.
The glitch that Fireblaster found, happens to me too. Step by step:
1. go to The ssb64 website
2. click Frame Display
3. Click the single frame advance, button (or whatever you call it, the button Fire was clicking)

It screwed up for me on frame 22, started doing the back/forth thing like in Fire's .gif

tech info
using Google Chrome Version 38.0.2125.101
frame data was not playing in loop before I started clicking forward
I clicked/did nothing other than what was in those instructions I had written.

Shears

Smash Master
2. click Frame Display
3. Click the single frame advance, button (or whatever you call it, the button Fire was clicking)

It screwed up for me on frame 22, started doing the back/forth thing like in Fire's .gif

tech info
I'll look into it.

MCG

Smash Apprentice
2. click Frame Display

tech info
Does the glitch happen 100% of the time? What OS do you use? Have you tried with some chrome plugins disabled? Clear cache? I don't know, works fine for me on firefox and google chrome on Windows 7. I tried clicking on the next frame slowly, as fast as I could and it didn't glitch.

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
Does the glitch happen 100% of the time? What OS do you use? Have you tried with some chrome plugins disabled? Clear cache? I don't know, works fine for me on firefox and google chrome on Windows 7. I tried clicking on the next frame slowly, as fast as I could and it didn't glitch.

Cleared Cache then reset browser, no change. (Except images now load slower obvs)
Turned off all plugins, no change.

Tried with Internet Explorer, frame display works perfect.

It seems the bug is only in Chrome, I don't have FF to test with but, meh.

Shears

Smash Master
Cleared Cache then reset browser, no change. (Except images now load slower obvs)
Turned off all plugins, no change.

Tried with Internet Explorer, frame display works perfect.

It seems the bug is only in Chrome, I don't have FF to test with but, meh.
I can't seem to recreate the glitch either. Tested on FF, Chrome, and IE. OS is Windows 8.1

Make sure you don't have any plugin issues, javascript is enabled, and your browsing is supporting HTML5. The display uses the <video>.

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
So i did an HTML5 test for my browser, and HTML5 is fine. My Results and this is how other browsers score.

Java is enabled.

I disabled all my plugins, no dice. I tried in incognito mode, still didn't work. IDK....

Honestly, I'm not worried about it for myself, I have no problems just using IE for that site, just trying to help troubleshoot. Normally when the Dev can't recreate the issue, the problem is on the User's end, however myself and @ Fireblaster Fireblaster both have this issue, so I think the question becomes, what do we have in common that leads us to the same fault? Also, it is interesting to note, that, hitting the play button allows it to run out smoothly, and the fault only arises during frame by frame advancement.

Shears

Smash Master
I could certainly figure it out if I could sit down with your computer and use the chrome debugger. Interesting that it works on IE for you but not chrome, which suggests to me that something with your version of chrome isn't processing the javascript correctly. I did discover an issue with how chrome handles a variables scope and passing it by reference when first debugging the site so there could be some issue with both of your browsers (which is a google problem not yours). Remember that just because its google doesn't mean its flawless. These browsers are very complicated and theres a reason they're not on version 1.0 anymore and its because they are continually finding bugs that need to be resolved. For example, I discovered a couple bugs on the new IOS 8.0.2. So my guess is your version of chrome isn't handling the global variables properly and if I could debug your computer I could figure out a workaround. Otherwise I guess use IE and hope that when chrome automatically updates that problem will be fixed. You're also more than welcome to inspect the javascript source and see if there are any logical errors in the code and report it back here for updating.

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
I could certainly figure it out if I could sit down with your computer and use the chrome debugger. Interesting that it works on IE for you but not chrome, which suggests to me that something with your version of chrome isn't processing the javascript correctly. I did discover an issue with how chrome handles a variables scope and passing it by reference when first debugging the site so there could be some issue with both of your browsers (which is a google problem not yours). Remember that just because its google doesn't mean its flawless. These browsers are very complicated and theres a reason they're not on version 1.0 anymore and its because they are continually finding bugs that need to be resolved. For example, I discovered a couple bugs on the new IOS 8.0.2. So my guess is your version of chrome isn't handling the global variables properly and if I could debug your computer I could figure out a workaround. Otherwise I guess use IE and hope that when chrome automatically updates that problem will be fixed. You're also more than welcome to inspect the javascript source and see if there are any logical errors in the code and report it back here for updating.

I have no doubt we could figure out a workaround if we sat down and tried troubleshooting my end, however, as I stated it was for troubleshooting the sight that I was trying to let you know what was going on.

I am pretty decent with troubleshooting computers, networks, and various related tasks however programming, not a thing I specialize in (outside of basic scripting) so unfortunately I would be near useless looking at any Java code for errors... Sorry :-(

The best, and most interesting point that you raise, is that Google Chrome could be the issue.... I updated chrome very recently (within a weekish?) however obviously that does not mean that the browser can handle/is handling everything correctly.... I actually didn't consider this.... however is likely the probable cause, given the other facts.

All this being said, if there is anything further I can do to help you with the site in ANY way, just let me know! I would love to contribute in some way :-)

Shears

Smash Master
I added gameshark codes to the site. Its nothing fancy, just a copy and paste of the codes and a fixed url for all of them. References to the original threads are included for further discussion.

http://gameshark.supersmashbros64.com

If anyone has any suggestions on gameshark/hacking tutorials, videos, images, etc that sould be included alongside the gamesark codes just let me know and they can be put in.

If anything is inaccurate please notify me immediately so it can be corrected. If anything should be added, also notify me.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
here let me help you

<html>
<body>
*all of the codes*
</body>
</html>

dont worry shears is doing it
I don`t know where we`d be without you, Steve.
Shears I`ll look it all over later with my notes/Madao, probably should get @KnitePhox or Unk to look it over to be suuuuuuure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom