• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Gunner Moveset

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
Hello everybody,

I am a hopeful TO and i was starting to design the rules for my tournament based on the current high-level rules. However i started to think about Palutena and the Mii Fighters and how they are the 3 characters in the game with all customs unlocked at the beginning. I know that Palutena and the Mii Fighters differ slightly, as customs have to be on in order to change Palutena's moveset while it doesnt for the Mii fighters.

However, if the gunner community could come together and create a tournament moveset for the gunner, a single moveset that would be the allowed moveset with gunner at standard height/weight, i feel like the Mii community could push there way forward into becoming legal in tournament rules all over and making it easier to become legal in national/international tournaments. It would also make it easier for people to train against, because just like any other character, they have 1 tournament standard moveset.

Thank you

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
3312 is the most widely used Gunner set. Not sure about weight though there seems to be a toss up of 0/0 or 25/0.

Last edited:

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
3312 and 0/0 make him one of the best zoning based character in the game.

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
There's no reason to not have all moves avaliable when creating a Mii, unless you've got a super specific logistical reason.

Last edited:

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
I actually thought custom moves were banned from tournaments. Well in case they're not, I would go with: N special:GCB: either charge blast or grenade launch, for S special:GCCR::GCCL::GCB: Flame pillar or stealth burst, for U special:GCCU::GCB: i'd go with lunar launch or arm rocket and for the D special:GCCD::GCB: it would vary by match-up. But hey thats just me. You could find better advice on the internet somewhere.

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
Customs are banned after EVO for some reasons.
But Miis aren't allowed in some tournaments because of logisticals reasons or their movesets, which I'm tired of hearing their poor reasonning.

Top Bottom