• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Brawler Moveset

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
Hello everybody,

I am a hopeful TO and i was starting to design the rules for my tournament based on the current high-level rules. However i started to think about Palutena and the Mii Fighters and how they are the 3 characters in the game with all customs unlocked at the beginning. I know that Palutena and the Mii Fighters differ slightly, as customs have to be on in order to change Palutena's moveset while it doesnt for the Mii fighters.

However, if the brawler community could come together and create a tournament moveset for the brawler, a single moveset that would be the allowed moveset with brawler at standard height/weight, i feel like the Mii community could push there way forward into becoming legal in tournament rules all over and making it easier to become legal in national/international tournaments. It would also make it easier for people to train against, because just like any other character, they have 1 tournament standard moveset.

Thank you

T0MMY

Smash Master
User was warned for this post
Quit trying to restrict our character - haven't we been persecuted enough?

Edit: Got a warning for this post, the mods must be incredibly anti-mii to flaunt warnings on such a strait forward post. Stay classy.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I hate to be the bearer of bad news Galgatha, but that's a very tough decision to make.

Unfortunately Mii Fighters are tough to agree on a move set for. Brawler is the easiest one for sure, but Swordfighter and Gunner are way too based on preference to really meet a safe medium.

My advice is just to enforce the use of Guest Miis (always the six last ones on the creation screen) and permit any use on special move. It would probably help to make players name them by the Moveset's number order so you can avoid creation of multiple Miis (The moveset-lock per match-set is also good to have).

If you choose to not do this that is fine by me, I am probably not attending your tournament. But I honestly believe it is the best and easiest solution for you and any Mii Fighter players that will be attending your tournament.

Thank you for asking input from the people who play the characters <3

T0MMY

Smash Master
Obvious joke post still makes for a great point about asking Mii players to place restrictions on our character. One moveset restriction essentially bans everyone else's character and if majority vote determines the set then a tyranny of majority occurs which does not accurately represent the players nor the character. I don't even want to provide what set I use because I don't believe it would represent the players since it does not seem to be very commonly used anywhere. The one-set restriction has the same fallible reasoning as a 1111 restriction in that it cannot be a logically derived ruling, it's about as arbitrary except we have to give the banners the rope to hang ourselves. Better option is to not bother with having to upload the sets to each setup and let the players do it themselves with the sett they want.

Top Bottom