• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touhou Super Smash Battles On Indiegogo

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Really, just any insult about competitiveness of a Smash game. Doesn't even matter which way it's directed, any time someone brings up an insult and it's based on the competitiveness of any Smash game, take a drink. Hell, down a whole beer or whatever drink your using every time and shorten the wait before you pass out and forget about it.
You can down anything dealing it with water for Smash 4 because it's usually something obviously not good to begin with or a really bad "Melee enthusiast" troll trying to be clever. However, every time it deals with some "new tech" and someone critiques it as useful or not, it magically goes right into Melee hatewagon as usual. Hell, seem like anything "advanced" goes right into that corner. And generally there rarely any moderation action about it, like they want the hate to fester. I see that nearly every day (or nearly every news post at this rate). Once again, not that it never happens to other Smash games (Smash 4 for sure), but apparently Melee seems most profitable to target as of late.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Actually looking forward to this. Have yet to see a good commercial Smash clone, especially one that is so vocal in the fact that it's inspired by the series. IDK anything about Touhou but that time stop bullet placement combo by the French maid character....if that were a character's moveset and final smash in the actual game it would be amazing :D

D

Deleted member

Half the reason I wrote it!
Wow, didn't expect you to directly reply. You certainly know how to get someone's attention, my heart skipped a beat when I saw this on the home page. Two things I love in one place.

zferolie

Smash Hero

SO the creator made an FAQ answering a lot of questions. Got me sold to go for the character slot. Gonna put in Tewi :D

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I like the effort they are putting into such a title, but honestly the pure focus on the Touhou franchise will certainly drive more players away from it than drawing them in. It certainly looks good though.

I honestly wish there was this level of effort being poured into an Indie Crossover Smash clone. Now THAT would gather some attention. I mean who wouldn't play a game with characters from games like Hyper Light Drifter, Shovel Knight, Mighty No. 9, Bastion, Castle Crashers, Super Meat Boy, Cave Story, Shantae, Nidhogg, Dust: An Elysian Tail, VVVVVV, Dive Kick, Skull Girls and other well known Indie Games? Something like that would be a day one purchase for me. Hell, toss in Sash Lilac from Freedom Planet and I'll buy my friends copies too.

Please based indie game developers. My body must experience this.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I like the effort they are putting into such a title, but honestly the pure focus on the Touhou franchise will certainly drive more players away from it than drawing them in. It certainly looks good though.

I honestly wish there was this level of effort being poured into an Indie Crossover Smash clone. Now THAT would gather some attention. I mean who wouldn't play a game with characters from games like Hyper Light Drifter, Shovel Knight, Mighty No. 9, Bastion, Castle Crashers, Super Meat Boy, Cave Story, Shantae, Nidhogg, Dust: An Elysian Tail, VVVVVV, Dive Kick, Skull Girls and other well known Indie Games? Something like that would be a day one purchase for me. Hell, toss in Sash Lilac from Freedom Planet and I'll buy my friends copies too.

I think if he gets the japanese fanbase on board, the game will explode

that sounds like a pretty cool idea honestly. Indie smash. I wonder if there would be some problems for the indea games that had some publisher help, like skullgirls

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I think if he gets the japanese fanbase on board, the game will explode
Possibly. I mean it is not like I personally think this project is bad or that it won't succeed in its goals. If anything, I would love to see some of the characters from Touhou like Kasen finally become playable.

I just don't think it will be as major as people are trying to make it sound. This definitely is not comparable to the caliber of a crossover game. And it certainly isn't something that I can see being a major tournament title that will show up at things like APEX or whatever. However, I'll gladly eat my hat if I'm wrong.

that sounds like a pretty cool idea honestly. Indie smash. I wonder if there would be some problems for the indea games that had some publisher help, like skullgirls
There is likely to be some bumps in the road for some indie devs getting on board, as I do remember Shovel Knight being one of the few titles that denied using him in an Indie Kart racer crossover title recently. That is to be expected, but it certainly doesn't mean that it shouldn't be looked into.

I know that developers for games like Dive Kick, Dust, and Freedom Planet are more than willing to share use of their characters. I certainly don't see devs of Super Meat Boy, Castle Crashers, Hyper Light Drifter, and VVVVVV giving much trouble over their IP's use either, as most have made cameos in other indie titles themselves.

In all honesty, the only characters I think would give much trouble are from Skullgirls, Shovel Knight, Mighty No. 9, and Shantae.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I'm throwing money at my screen, but I guess it would work better if I started throwing it on IndieGOGO.
This is probably the only slice of "Melee" we are going to get on the Wii U, unless Nintendo decides that the GameCube and its gems are old enough to be considered "retro" games and starts adding them to the Virtual Console.
Heck, they even have the GameCube adapter already so, what's really stopping them?

But speaking solely about this Fan-Game, it does look interesting. I love the Touhou music and characters, and the fact that they are merging both game styles (2.5 fighter and shoot-em up) really opens up a whole universe of possibilities.

Definetely keeping an eye on this project.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Hm, it's certainly an interesting idea, but I know less than nothing about Touhou so I only have the video to go on right now. I did notice a cool wrestling-like move there that could work in a similar way to Smash's grab, kinda like a one-man scrum in order to push the other fighter to the ground. The time stopping move is a move I've been contemplating as a final smash for a future MYM set as well.

I don't like the heaps of projectiles, but being built from manic shooter games it makes sense to me. I say let them carry on.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
How am I supposed to choose a main? I mean, in Smash I only have a few girls to choose from. But Touhou? Oh man. :ohwell: Too many babes to choose from.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
Hmmm so first Rivals of Aether now this. Glad to see more platform fighters are getting made but I think I'm till more interested in Rivals than this.

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
This looks unbelievably good, better than Rivals of Aether or Smash Flash because it's actually 3D. While I like Touhou, I have a feeling that it being Touhou is only going to end up effecting the game negatively. Also, I hope they change the name, the current one is awful.

Last edited:

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
I like the effort they are putting into such a title, but honestly the pure focus on the Touhou franchise will certainly drive more players away from it than drawing them in.
Your silly

And if you desire a indie game so much go ahead and try to make one by getting involed with someone interested in the project or at least try designing one on paper mechanics wise

Last edited:

http://www.reddit.com/r/KONC/ and http://store.steampowered.com/app/302850/

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
I know a lot of people might have done this before but:

2:00

ZAWARUDO!
TOKI WO TOMARE!
*launches knives*
SO-S-H-I-TE GA TOKI UGOKI DESU!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Until then, Gamidame_K has a lot of Touhou skins on Brawl Vault. Even though I'm not into Touhou, some of the skins are really really cool.
I've been following that person's works for a long time now. They're awesome. :]
HAIL MADOKA ALT SKINS!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I put in $20 on this (and no more since I'm unfamiliar with Touhou).

I see a lot of potential in this game!

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
?! A SPIN-OFF OF A SPIN-OFF?!?!

I actually had two ideas for spin-off Smash games long before this came up; one has only Pokémon as fighters, and the other has popular anime characters as fighters (I guess all the Goku requests finally got to me xD).

I wanna hear if any of you are also interested in my ideas. Please give me your thoughts. :)

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I like Smash, so I'm all for more games that are like Smash. The game needs a good deal of polish, but I guess it's still early on so there's a lot of time for that. I'm not interested in Touhou, but this could be fun.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hello everyone. I'm one of the three developers for Touhou smash. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that it made it to the boards. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could contact "Silentwolf"?

I've decided to make a video explaining why and what certain things from melee were ported over and will not be changed because they would "limit" the fluidity/mobility that was present in melee.

Silentwolf is my favorite Fox and I was trying to get his permission to use footage from his combo video's as some pure extract of classic melee tech skill I hope to preserve in our project. But he hasn't been active on youtube in about a month and I can't seem to find a way to contact him.

Thank you for your support. Also if you have any questions and suggestions, as someone directly working on the project I'd be happy to answer or comment back-

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
?!
I actually had two ideas for spin-off Smash games long before this came up; one has only Pokémon as fighters, and the other has popular anime characters as fighters (I guess all the Goku requests finally got to me xD).

I wanna hear if any of you are also interested in my ideas. Please give me your thoughts. :)
My custom pm is final fantasy all the way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom